Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 9:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim stopped using motive mobile
Hello.

I have a sim who's Emperor of Evil and even though he has such a high position, he was using motive mobile all the time. He also has celebrity level of 4. And a vampire.
However, some time ago (long after reaching top of his job) he started using limo, I believe he started doing it after completing the job opportunity to hold the world hostage, but I'm not exactly sure if it actually triggered it. There's no option whatsoever to set motive mobile as a preferred vehicle.
Additionally I've noticed that when sim is about to go home from his workplace motive mobile does appear in a queue saying "go home", but as soon as he leaves his workplace he's sitting in a limo.

So far I tried the following things:
1.) Sold old motive mobile, got a new one. No effect.
2.) Tried resetsim. No effect.
3.) Decided to create tuned XML package with kLevelForALimoRide set to 11 for careers (the one that's impossible to achieve, therefore no limo will ever be used) and increased the same for celebrity level from 4 to 6 (for the same effect). Now sim is using taxi instead of a limo in all cases, but still won't use motive mobile.

I have all expansion packs except for "stuff" packs. Latest patches.

Any solution for this one?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:43 AM
I wonder if the Car Pool -disabler might help: http://modthesims.info/d/410296
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:09 PM
It works! o_O

Lad, I owe you a beer. Hell, I owe ya two.