Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 1:23 AM
What is the protocol for reporting game-breaking uploads?
I'd like to know if there is a better way to report a file that is outright gamebreaking / corrupting? As in, 100% of the time- not with a margin of error or from misuse.
I've used the standard report function, but without being able to see responses to reports it's difficult to know if it's sitting in a queue or if it wasn't satisfactory (and if so, why).

There is an upload that has been broken for over a year that the author has abandoned, never removing the broken file nor providing a warning nor omitting the instructions to use it from the mod description.
It is falling on all of the volunteers at the NRaas forums to shoulder troubleshooting and warning everyone who passes through with it in use- bloating the forums with the same issue every day. I can't even imagine how many users who don't use the forums are also out there who have also followed the install instructions and are having their sims corrupted without their knowledge.
If being near malware status isn't a violation of the Creator Guidelines, perhaps it should be.

I'd really appreciate being pointed in the right direction to get this addressed- if there is a specific moderator I should contact, or if the report queue is simply busy and it will be dealt with in time.
I can also ping more long-term NRaas users who share the sentiment, if it would help legitimise the claim.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 3:11 PM
Hey CardinalSims!

Sorry for the late reply, and not getting to your report yet. (if we looked over it you'd get a PM btw, so it was indeed sitting in a queue) The reason for this was because behind the scenes we were checking things out

The way we often approach these issues is that if multiple members have shared that this breaks their game terribly (or crashes it), we do check it out per individual cases. If we get the same results back, then often we'll take different actions (tagging the item, asking them to change the description, or whatever feels suitable here, or even simply sharing the feedback to the creator).

In the case of Smooth Patch and Nraas's compatibility, I did ask LazyDuchess about it and they have currently updated the file, so hopefully that should fix any issue that's happening.

The research wasn't really necessary for us to do right here, since I personally play with the mod as well (and Nraas MC + any other Nraas mods). I haven't at all experienced any crashes as some people described. The ONLY moment I did get crashes, was when I accidentally only put the exe in the TS3 folder and tried booting it up. So to me it feels like there's also a nature of that people aren't quite following the instructions quite well (or are following the instructions for the wrong platform they run TS3 on, such as Steam or Origin/EA app).

Now what I'd do next, is to simply let LazyDuchess know what's going on through a PM or more immediate places (such as Discord). I think currently, because everything is more isolated to the NRaas forums, it makes it really hard for the creator to realise what's going on and what's actually the problem, with proper crash reports or even examples of what happened before it crashed/corrupted.

If it's really hard to get a hold of them, do feel free to PM me or other Admins, and I'll check it out, though . I just feel as of right now it may be valuable to contact LazyDuchess first.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 11:23 PM
No worries, the update that has been published is excellent and exactly what we were waiting on! Thank you very much for your time looking into this, and apologies if I was a little impatient!

The patch itself I'm sure has different risks from system to system just from how experimental plugins can be- but it was just the MasterController package that there was a lot of concern about. That one was the no-go that was turning up in hundreds of script errors and overall causing a bit of burnout over at NRaas from fielding them all.
This will be an excellent point going forward that will hopefully help users get the most out of the Smooth Patch, as it is a wonderful addition with that component out of the picture.

Many many thanks <3