Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is MATY's White Lattice Decking Possible with UC?
Before I installed the Ultimate Collection (with all EPs except Apartment Life and Freetime, and multiple SPs including Mansion and Garden), I had placed the white decking from MATY in my game, and had it working great. Since UC was installed, this is the only piece of custom content I haven't been able to get working.

Link to the white deck thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=14367.0

I have Numenor's Scriptorium, and I've tried modifying the scripts of every EP folder individually to see if the decking would work, starting with the AL scripts. I also tried the base game scripts, Pets, M & G, etc. Sometimes nothing happens; sometimes it interferes with the curved pool edge, but it never works right. I've tried every combination I can think of and I'm at a loss. It's my understanding that a lot of things that were originally intended to work only with AL will work with M & G, so I don't think it's a matter of with EPs or SPs I had, just my ignorance of scripts and codes and whatnot.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there any chance the white decking just isn't compatible with UC? Thanks so much for the help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:53 AM
I recolored/default replaced mine years ago..and it is so simple to do...if all fail, you could do it too..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:10 AM
With a little help from tutorials, I'm sure I could do that, but I'm not really looking for a default replacement. I want the two separate options, like I used to have. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :-)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:43 AM
It's not a UC thing; there's no difference between having UC and having all the EPs installed separately.

Did you reinstall Scriptorium after uninstalling your old game and installing UC? Have you checked that the Scriptorium shortcuts in your Downloads folder point to the right place? Do other scriptorium objects such as CC modular stairs currently work?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Did you reinstall Scriptorium after uninstalling your old game and installing UC? Have you checked that the Scriptorium shortcuts in your Downloads folder point to the right place? Do other scriptorium objects such as CC modular stairs currently work?

Yes, I did reinstall Scriptorium, and all the other objects that use it seem to be working just fine, except a single modular stair and a fireplace. I'm sure the deck is compatible with all EPs, as the installation instructions included separate directions for stages, curved pool edges, etc. If that's the case, is there any way of knowing which EP folder I should install the changed scripts into?