Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 6:53 AM
Default American Mcgee's Alice
So what do you all (those who have played it) think of American Mcgee's Alice? I think the game is awsome! I am not a disney fan, I find disney's stuff too rosey for my tastes so this was exactally what I was looking for.

There is a petition to try to make an Alice film that is just like the game. I think a film of it would be so cool.

So what are your opinions of the game and of a possible movie?

The petition-->http://www.petitiononline.com/6331827/petition.html

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Advertisement
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 9:45 AM
I think game was brilliant aesthetically but take away the delicious styling and you were left with a very generic, basic, linear shooter with some ill-advised platform sequences thrown in for no good reason.

Great example of computer game art, average game.

Regarding the movie there were rumours some years back that Wes Craven was really taken with American's take on the Through the Looking Glass tale and wanted to do a movie on it. To the best of my knowledge nothing came of this although it would be cool.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
#3 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 4:03 PM
Never heard of the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Henry_Walk
Never heard of the game.

Well if you like Disney gone wrong this is the game for you. You should download a demo of it, I think you would like it.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 5:31 AM
The Cheshire Cat was useless. He was cool, but he was useless. Everytime he'd pop up at the beginning of a new level/chapter/whatever, he'd say something obvious.
I loved the character designs and the way everything looked. When I read the book, I pictured the characters being slightly creepy like they were in the game. It wasn't my kind of game though. I got bored with it and never beat it.

About the movie - I hated it. The book is much better in my opinion.

"I reached the end of my transient dream
And you became a lie" - Fester Love by Schwarz Stein
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 8:40 AM
We're talking about a different movie festerlove, not the disney film but a film based on the game in question. No such film has been made.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 5:31 PM
I know. I was referring to how the game was based on the books, not the Disney movie...or something like that. I really don't remember.

"I reached the end of my transient dream
And you became a lie" - Fester Love by Schwarz Stein
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 5:45 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0466663/ <--- Isn't this the film being based on that game?
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 11:23 PM
Certainly looks like it. This is good news. :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 4:16 AM
Wow this is good news!

Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 3:03 AM
I really like the game. I hope it turns out well.