Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:09 PM
Default A few questions
I have not had time to play and find out everything in game so here are my questions. Thank you for your time.

1. Is there a way to choose your babies gender?
2. Can teens have children?
3. Do teens have to have an adult living with them?
4. Is there any way to force your sim to have twins/triplets?
5. Can you still only have 8 sims in your household?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:19 PM
1. Eat bell peppers three times during pregnancy for a boy. Same with watermelon for a girl. That's what I heard anyway. Not tried it yet.

Not sure about the rest, sorry :\.
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:24 PM
Mhh I've red elswhere it's Apples (or anything with apples in it) for boys?

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:47 PM
No, teens don't have children and yes, you can only have eight sims living in the house.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:17 PM
1. Apples for boys, watermelon for girls.
2. No, teens cannot have children.
3. Yes, they have to have an adult living with them.
4. No, but under lifetime rewards, you can buy a 'fertility treatment.' I believe only males can do this.
5. Yes, only 8 at a time.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alainarogacki
1. Apples for boys, watermelon for girls.
2. No, teens cannot have children.
3. Yes, they have to have an adult living with them.
4. No, but under lifetime rewards, you can buy a 'fertility treatment.' I believe only males can do this.
5. Yes, only 8 at a time.

No, females and males can both buy the fertility treatment. As well, watching kids TV or listening to kids music or doing both increases your chances of getting twins or triplets, as does having the Lucky trait.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:35 PM
I'd go with the apples for a boy
I did say bell peppers but I tried this with one of my sims, wanting her to have a boy, and she had twin girls..
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:13 PM
Isn't there a food that increases the fertility then, that may be peppers. You know a little bit of spice!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:16 AM
Teens have to live with an adult but don't have to be a parent.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:13 AM
My Simmie didn't watch kids tv or listen to kids music, but both her and hubby had the fertilirty treatment.... and then popped out twins, then triplets.

I do not want to tell you what a hassle that was. Both parents quit their jobs and slept in a rotation, and always - ALWAYS - had a babysitter in the house. As soon as one had to leave, they called another.

Malibu
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:22 AM
You can increase the chance of getting twins and triplets by watching the kids channel on the TV or listening to the childrens music station on the stereo. If you do them both at the same time you increase the chance more than if you do each one seperately.

And to have a boy, eat three apples during pregnancy and for a girl it's three servings of watermelon.