Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 6:28 PM Last edited by erin1841 : 29th Dec 2023 at 7:22 PM.
Mix It Up Medieval Legacy Challenge
Hi! This is my first legacy challenge. I've done a lot in the past but this is my first time making one.

I love playing a medieval/history game but honestly get bored when the family is doing well after a few generations, so this challenge is designed to shake things up!

I also love playing with mods so this challenge was designed for using mods and cc, but you can probably work around it if you don't use them.
This challenge could also definitely be adapted to other time periods.

Highly recommended mods:
MCCC
Ye Olde Cookbook by Littlbowbub
Blacksmith Skill by JaneSimsten
Functional Loom by Pied Piper
Live in Business by LittleMsSam
Purchase Herbalism Ingredients by Zero's Sims 4 Mods
Functional Pottery Wheel by Mirai

Other Useful mods:
Four Medieval "Computers" by Simverses
Medieval Careers by sokkarang
Medieval Activities by Mirai
Life Decider by KawaiiStacie
Plus Any CC you feel would add to the story

Gen 1
You are savvy but as poor as they come, you do the best you can to provide for your family while saving up so that your children have a future.
-Live off the land, hunting, foraging
-You may own a small garden.
-1 room house
-Make money by selling any excess food and knitting- only if you have enough material, making candles
-Earn $10,000
-Must use Simple Living lot trait

Gen 2
Thanks to your parents you had enough to start your own blacksmithing career.
-Add a blacksmithing station
You may build any furniture allowed by skill level, but you must have the necessary materials
-Other family may use the loom
-Earn $20,000
-Master blacksmith skill
You may buy blacksmithing materials at "a local shop" (the mailbox)

Gen 3
You grew up with your parents toiling away to earn a good income. You were left in charge of cooking for the family and actually loved it. When you grow up you decide to move into the local town and open up a bakery in your home.
-Move to a new section of the same map.
-Sell cooked/baked goods in live in store
-Master all food skills
-Foodie Trait

Gen 4
While your parents were busy in the kitchen, you were busy in the attic, testing weird potions all day.
When your parents pass you change the bakery into an apothecary store, selling potions and salves you made.
-Loner trait
-Master herbalism skill and learn all potions (must be a witch, may cheat for this)
-Relationship with children must be below good friend level.
-No strong relationships with those outside of your family (other than a spouse). The village tolerates you.

Gen 5
Your parent was always introverted, focusing on their craft. The village was skeptical of your family, afraid of their "witchcraft", even if they bought the potions anyway. In your loneliness, you turned to books and delved into religion to find an escape. You became a priest and went to live in a convent/monastery where you spent your days meditating, painting, and playing games with other monks/nuns.
-Master wellness skill. Reach at least level 6 of Logic and painting
Have 1 child by one of these:
- Fling as a teenager before finding religion.
- Loss of control while the monastery/convents had a meeting
- Took an orphan living at the monastery/convent under your wing and adopted them

Gen 6
You grew up in a monastery/convent, but never really felt connected the same way your parent did. You spent most of your time in the art rooms, painting and making pottery. You mastered these skills at a young age and your work was renowned by the upper classes.
- Master painting and pottery skills before becoming an Adult, preferably before becoming a young adult.
-Move out of the convent into a nicer home in the village
Optional- may sell your work at a live in-store or regular GTW store.

Gen 7
You grew up surrounded by upper classes fawning over your parent's creations.
One day you met a nice boy/girl from an upper-class family and you both fell in love. Their parents, however, did not approve, since you came from a lower-class family. You decide to run away together, living in a different city. You live a peaceful life together, poor but happy.
-Find love as a teenager and move to a new city together before turning into a young adult.
-Start with little to nothing.
Optional- Use the Life Decider to get starting money, this is money you both had saved for a rainy day. Set money at 0. Each person uses the life decider. If they get less than 2k they can keep it, if more than 2k keep the last 3 numbers amount (ex, if you get $67,492 you can only keep $492)
-You may not have a high-power career, only something small and modest, so your families can't track you down. (recommend midwife and other mod careers)

Gen 8
Your parents didn't have much growing up, but they loved you and that's what's important. They were both educated and taught you everything they knew, they instilled you with enough confidence to take on the world.
Since you can read and write you decide to be a teacher and a writer on the side
-Finish 2 childhood aspirations
-Self-assured trait
-Join education career
-Master writing skill

Gen 9
You lived a peaceful, normal life as a child. Your parent was a great role model. You have always been ambitious and want to climb the social ladder to raise your status.
- Master knight career before joining political career (you may cheat to skip the level 6 requirement of needing to attend 15 social events if you want to speed up the process)
- Marry someone slightly above your social status (not royalty), someone living in a large home or rich.
- Master charisma and logic skills

Gen 10
You grew up in the high society world, and your parents didn't let you forget it. So you rebelled, always causing trouble.
-Master mischief skill
When your parents want to arrange a marriage for you you decide to steal their money and escape in the middle of the night, going to live in the shadows and cause chaos just for the fun of it, no one can tell you what to do.
- Use a random number generator with your family's money to determine how much you "stole" (Ex if you have $35,065 input between that and zero into a number generator to get the amount you stole)
-Become a criminal mastermind, the boss path of the criminal career.
-No contact with your family after you leave.

Thanks for reading!
I'm only just starting this challenge myself but thought I'd post for others to play
Sorry if I missed anything I should have added.

I don't usually score challenges, I just have fun, but if anyone wants to make a scoring system go ahead!