Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 16th May 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:46 AM by Christy1077

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 13
Test Subject
#151 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 7:08 AM
LizzLove, the beds work just a little too well. One of my Sims went to relax on his bed and call his future fiance to relax with him. While I was clicking on her to join him, his sister joined him. I clicked on the sister to shoo her away and got the whole gamut of woohoo options. SCARY!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#152 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voyager7
LizzLove, the beds work just a little too well. One of my Sims went to relax on his bed and call his future fiance to relax with him. While I was clicking on her to join him, his sister joined him. I clicked on the sister to shoo her away and got the whole gamut of woohoo options. SCARY!

I know. Maxis used the relationship between two sims to block family interactions in bed. They don't let family members fall in love (Except husband and wife). The swinger bed code does not care about relationships so family members can do anything in bed. No real way around this with global mods.

BUT I am working on a new bed object that provides for autonomous interactions in bed. This means they get into the bed themselves and do everything on the menu themselves. This bed includes the swinger bed functions.

But to keep everyone happy, including myself, I have added in TONS of options so you can allow or prevent Family members from interacting, and allow or prevent same sex interactions, among other things. Progress is slow but pretty steady. I have it being tested by a few folks, and hope to have it ready by the end of the month. This will fix your brother/sister problem.

Lizz
Field Researcher
#153 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 1:57 PM
Works excellent. I'm just upset that I came on to this after I'd struggled to get my romance sim through Uni juggling 6 loves under the one roof! *laughs*
A lifesaver, thanks ever so much again. Can't rave about it enough.
Test Subject
#154 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 3:00 PM
Default cheating
Hi this might sound dumb.. but if ur sim who has a husband/wife has sex with someone else.. will this be considered cheating or?? i'd really like it if u might be able to somehow change the code so its not considered bad.

Thanks..
Field Researcher
#155 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:51 AM
this hack is pretty funny and works perfect and safe.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 6:03 PM
thanks very much
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#157 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 12:35 AM
I will answer several questions at once to save some space and time.

Quote: Originally posted by hpk
Hi this might sound dumb.. but if ur sim who has a husband/wife has sex with someone else.. will this be considered cheating or?? i'd really like it if u might be able to somehow change the code so its not considered bad.

Thanks..

Yes, it is cheating. but there are several mods that prevent the jealousy.

There is my no-jealousy-at-all, which effects all lots (global)
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=7927

The InSIMenator will let you turn jealousy on and off on a per household basis. You can find it, and the InTeenimater at this site.
http://www.insimenator.net/

And TwoJeffs Casual Romance, you can find it here
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...read.php?t=1030

Quote: Originally posted by roachandlazygirl
Request: Please create a cloned bed or collection so that using the swinger’s bed is optional per lot as opposed to a global hack. -or- any other way to set this to a per-lot basis as opposed to global. ty

Already underway and almost done, if you liked the Swinger bed, you are going to love the Autonomous Bed.
You can find more about the new bed here.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70244

Lizz
Test Subject
#158 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 2:33 AM
Lizz - not sure if it is this hack or not because I downloaded this and a noamnesiahack at the same time and disabling both didn't fix it. Here's what happened - I reinstalled pleasantville and then looked for a hack to help Don Lothario out (this one). But then, because I love to find out about the pre-existing Sims past including townies I downloaded the noamnesia hack too (if they move in with your Sim they keep their memories instead of being wiped clean).

Brandy Broke was lonely and I got sick of waiting for a walk-by (she only knew the Caliente sisters) so I teleported Goopy in for her to meet. Then her want was for a baby and I thought - ok, why not, just got that pregnancy-enabled swingers bed so I had her relax and ask Goopy to join. Worked perfectly and their relationship was like a 1 since they had just met. Well, then Brandy wants to get married so I spend some time making her fall in love with Goopy. Finally - she is in love and so is he but Propose - Engagement won't show up! Only Move in and Stay the Night. I checked Goopy to see if maybe some memory was about a wife (wasn't) then checked Brandy to see if Skip was messing her up since that is the only time I don't get that option is when a Sim is already married or engaged.

Well, Skip was gone completely from her family tree. Just her and the boys now. I force error her and Goopy after she moves him in (lol, first time I find he is a romance sim). Still, she can't propose. I move them out of the house and they buy a new one, still no change.

So, I went to the Clean Installer and disabled (not removed) both hacks I had downloaded. No change.

I am going to delete both of them and reinstall Pleasantview again and see if Skip comes back because I think that is the problem but I don't know how to fanagle him back into her family tree any other way.

Long story short - just wanted to let you know what happened, probably not this hack anyways but I thought it was strange.
Systemic Anomaly
#159 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:02 AM Last edited by jase439 : 24th Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM.
Brandy was proposing to Goopy at her house, right? Have they had their first kiss? There are some options in the game that are "locked" by the absence of a first kiss (ironically, WooHoo isn't one of them *lol*). Some of the Townies that are part of the "neighboorhood storyline" are "pre-programmed" to respond/behave a certain way. I know Don Lothario is hard-wired to not fall in love or marry anyone by Nina Caliente. You can use various hacks to max out your relationship scores with Don and propose engagement to him but he always refuses. You have to actually be controlling Don to marry him off to someone else. Or such has been my experience. Brandy may have her personality hard wired only to "accept" proposals from suitable sims and won't actually propose it herself. Have you proposing to a sim other than Goopy?
Test Subject
#160 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 12:27 PM
Do you have the same propblem with any other family? I had that propblem untill I took teeninseminator (sp?) away.
Systemic Anomaly
#161 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 8:39 PM
Wow. The Teeninseminator. That sounds like a neat mod
Ice Princess
#162 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 9:22 PM
Oh my. I found this mod called the Tineenatorsemin. It turns people into cows.
Systemic Anomaly
#163 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 9:24 PM
Moo....
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 9:38 PM
Hmm, not sure about the first kiss thing. That may have been it because I don't even know if they kissed lol. I reloaded Pleasantview and everything is back to normal now but I am not sure I want Goopy hooking up with her anyway. 3 slobs in one house is just running poor Beau to death.

On Don Lothario - the very first time I played I started with the Goths and a msg popped up saying Don was in a good mood, time for Cassandra to marry him and they did there and then without me ever having played Don. he was too depressed though so I started that one again too, haha.

Kinda off the hack but - I am such a perfectionist I keep restarting Pleasantview until I like what happens and alot seems to depend on what house you start off with. Only bummer is the first time the Burbs got twins and now they only get one I was hoping that was hardwired in there somewhere too like Brandy seems to be on having that third boy.
Systemic Anomaly
#165 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 10:20 PM Last edited by jase439 : 24th Jul 2005 at 10:23 PM.
You are right about Don. I completely forgot he starts life in Pleasantville engaged to Cassandra Goth but has the hots for Nina. Ugh, I can't believe how long its been since I've actually *played* the game. Sad.

At any rate, I don't believe this hack could have affected Goopy's ability to get married to Brandy. This mod doesn't go anywhere near the marriage code.
Test Subject
#166 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 11:54 PM
:bump: Thanks for this hack! It's working great in my game. No problems so far! I have a few "slutty" sims in the neighborhood whose aspiration meters are staying white!

Why do I have the feeling that someday I'll be describing you to my therapist?
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 3:13 PM
Thanks looks great
Test Subject
#168 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:30 AM
Default Try for a baby at 40%
Could you make this hak where try for a baby is set at only 40% or one that doesn't have try for a baby, but woohoo has a 30% chance of pregnancy?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#169 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:47 AM Last edited by LizzLove : 28th Jul 2005 at 3:56 AM.
To everyone.. Your very welcome, and I really do appreciate all the nice comments. Makes me blush, but don't let that stop you. :dance:

Quote: Originally posted by dokken
Could you make this hak where try for a baby is set at only 40% or one that doesn't have try for a baby, but woohoo has a 30% chance of pregnancy?

There are some other mods out there that will let you alter the odds of having a baby. Risky Woohoo, Inteenerator, and Casual Romance to name a few.

Lizz.
Test Subject
#170 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 2:38 AM
Lizz - I have reloaded Pleasantville several times now and am convinced that some stuff IS hardcoded with nothing to do with hacks. This time playing with the Goth family. I can't get Cassandra to marry ANYONE except Don. The option doesn't even show up (one iteration she moved Darren in, had a couple kidlings, HATED Don and STILL no option to propose for her or Darren. Kinda ticked me off at her. I even married her to Don, made them argue until they hated each other, break up and she was apparently determined to become an old maid. The REALLY annoying thing was she had wants to become engaged the whole time but wouldn't propose (always to Darren, I think they are sooo cute together). How annoying. I mean if she won't get married to anyone else why have those wants? Ah well, I guess the same as those wants that when you tell them to go do they grumble and make faces at me like it wasn't their idea (Serious Sims wanting to "play" comes to mind). But I guess that would be another thread...

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure I put in here that your bed had nothing to do with my Brandy problems earlier
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:51 AM
Hello, I just wanted you to know that I love this hack. My Romance Sims love it because they can just ask someone into bed and woohoo. I am wondering if yopu are planning on updating it when Nightlife comes out if it needs to be updated because it is a great thing. Thank you again.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
#172 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:59 PM
I am using Swingers bed with pregnancy and it works wonderful! I have the following hacks:

Swingers bed with pregnancy
Call Anyone
Inteenimator
Insimenator

Would like to note also that I have tons of houses in pleasantview and it didn't slow anything down. I don't have the greatest graphics card so I know this works great! Can't wait to start making movies again (new comp).

tamasim85 :D
Systemic Anomaly
#173 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 5:52 AM Last edited by jase439 : 6th Aug 2005 at 6:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sintrinity1
Lizz - I have reloaded Pleasantville several times now and am convinced that some stuff IS hardcoded with nothing to do with hacks. This time playing with the Goth family. I can't get Cassandra to marry ANYONE except Don. The option doesn't even show up (one iteration she moved Darren in, had a couple kidlings, HATED Don and STILL no option to propose for her or Darren. Kinda ticked me off at her. I even married her to Don, made them argue until they hated each other, break up and she was apparently determined to become an old maid. The REALLY annoying thing was she had wants to become engaged the whole time but wouldn't propose (always to Darren, I think they are sooo cute together). How annoying. I mean if she won't get married to anyone else why have those wants? Ah well, I guess the same as those wants that when you tell them to go do they grumble and make faces at me like it wasn't their idea (Serious Sims wanting to "play" comes to mind). But I guess that would be another thread...

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure I put in here that your bed had nothing to do with my Brandy problems earlier
The reason you can't propose is because Maxis flagged all of Cassandra relationships as having "family ties" (i.e. Darren is flagged as part of Cassandra's family relationships, even though he is nowhere to be found in the family tree). The no-incest rules of marriage prohibit you from proposing to these individuals. It's Maxis' way of "forcing" you into their storyline. You should be able to use the InSIMenator to clear the family relationship flags off Darren and the propose marriage to him.

Don is set up the exact same way. When it comes to Townies that are part of the town storyline, all bets are off. It is difficult to draw a meaningful conclusion about whether or not you have a mod conflict unless you are using sims that you created. I've seen some Maxis sims that ship with some wild data. One teen in StrangeTown is over 65,000 days old
Field Researcher
#174 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 3:16 PM
Cassandra married Don in my game with no problem at all, after she'd been married to Don and divorced him. I don't recall seeing any family connection between Cassandra & Darren, but I probably removed it in SimPE because having checked in my second version of Pleasantview, there is a family relationship between them (well there was, I've removed it now!). Cassandra & Mortimer also have a family relationship with Mary-Sue Pleasant when you first install the game - spent ages wondering about that and trying to work out which Goth woman she was the 'real' child of, now it appears it's just Maxis way of making sure Cassandra doesn't get too chummy with any of her best friends. Off to look for this 65,000 year-old teenage now!
#175 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 2:36 PM
First off, I want to say that this is a wonderful mod. Thank you. I love it.

But I have a little problem. I have two sims that are engaged, and when I make them woohoo, there's no "try for baby" option. Yet, I have another pair of sims that are just dating and they get the option for "try for baby". I wondered if this had anything to do with the bed, so I changed the bed where the baby option wasn't working. It still did not work. Any reason why this is happening? Thanks.
Page 7 of 13