Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 6:03 PM
Default Unofficial Stuff Pack?
I have a really spiffy idea that I think you'll like.

This is a call out to any creators out there willing to join me in a collaborative project. If you're any good at making CC and like a good design challenge, I'd like to put together an '80s-themed unofficial stuff pack for TS2.

How the collab will work:

Send me a PM with the category you want to design for. You will then receive a randomly selected item from a list I have compiled that suits your chosen category.

Categories are:

Walls and Floors
Furniture
Clothing
Electronics
Hair and Accessories

You could be asked to create any kind of wacky fun item from that decade, be it a novelty phone, geometric print t-shirt, enormous hair mesh or bland wall texture.

So, who wants to follow me Back To The Eighties?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 7:06 PM
that sounds nifty. I hope you get some participants. (I couldnt be one of them considering i am not a creator.) But i really do hope you get some help on this idea.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:17 AM

Having figured out how to mod the UI package files on my own, I can create the first part of the stuff pack with the above, as well as some custom startup text to go with it.

EDIT: Did this one just for fun:

Instructor
#4 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:50 AM
Just make sure you get some stone-washed jeans tucked into short boots! And HAIR. BIG HAIR. Rubber bracelets. This would be great--I'd use it!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:57 AM
We have had many successful group projects start here at MTS, and we welcome collaboration and creativity.

However, group projects require a strong, committed leader that can contribute quite a bit to the project themselves in terms of actual custom content made - for example, Echo leading the High Rollers project, as she was able to contribute significantly to the custom content there and whip people into doing stuff as is necessary when you're herding cats... err... trying to get creative types to meet a deadline.

The original poster in this case has no uploads and no links to anywhere else they upload in their profile. In light of that, this is more of a request for custom content than an open call for a group collaboration. And thus, I'm locking this thread as we do not allow request threads here.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: No requests, please.