Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 4:24 PM
Pet Stories Cheat problem
I just finished playing through both stories and unlocked both neighborhoods in on the Sims Pet Stories. I cannot get any of the regular cheats to work except for the money cheats (motherload, kachin). The cheat box always opens when I shift +ctrl+c and it never expands when I type in other cheats, like it normally does if you type something in wrong, but nothing actually works except the money cheat.

I have Life Stories and once the stories were played through all the cheats I usually use have worked, but not so for pet stories. Everything I read online says the cheats should work.

I have a MAC if that makes any difference. The cheats I am trying to use besides the money cheat are maxmotives, and the aspiration cheats.

Can anyone help me out?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 9:55 PM
I have a PC and only the money cheats work in Pet Stories for me, too. And I've had that game since it first came out so there is no mysterious "maybe they disabled the cheats later" explanation. The cheats just don't work.

"Everything I read online says the cheats should work." Don't believe everything you read online I keep coming across people telling someone without OFB to bake cheesecake or use the forcetwins cheat to have twins - people have certain functionality in their own game (eg. they have Pets and think Pet Stories should work the same) and say wrong things with great authority and conviction.

Now, having said that I could be completely wrong but nothing other than money cheats has ever worked in my Pet Stories game. According to the Pet Stories readme.txt the following cheats should work:

exit: closes the cheat window.
expand: expands or contracts the cheat window.
kaching - adds one thousand Simoleons to funds
motherlode - adds fifty thousand Simoleons to funds
aging off - turns aging off
aging on - turns aging on

Try installing the InSimenator. I have never used it in any of my games but you may be able to adjust motives and aspiration with it. I have no idea whether it works. Try asking about it over in the Stories Series Help section of the Insimenator site.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:15 AM
Thanks and a mobile phone question for Pet stories
Thanks. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone. If you have the same issue, then I guess that's just the way it is with Pet stories.

True, true on what people say. I'm sure many people think of Pets and Pet stories as the same, but I have them both and they are not. The whole cheesecake and forcetwins issue I know well too.

Thank you so much for your reply and your advice!

I am also wondering how you can buy mobile phones for the sims in Pet Stories? The main characters have them, but they aren't available in the electronics category like they are in Life Stories, nor can I find a stand that would sell them on a community lot like in the main Sims 2 games. Does anyone know if the mobile phones are available in Pet stories except to the sims that already have them?