Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:34 PM
A couple of suggestions

1) In the Sims 3 Content List on Sims Wiki I realise you can not separate everything into headings but Earrings and other Jewellery is a subsectoin that I would be glad to see.

2) Given the load time problems with package Vs Sims3Pack files would it be possible to add a format filter to MTS and/or a wiki page similar to the content page showing what sites use each format? Another possibility is the creator indicates the format on the overview page.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 11:10 PM
I would like,if It was possible to separate the Sims 3 downloads from the sims 2 downloads. If you don't know what I mean I mean the people with slow computers.They should have an option to only show sims 2 downloads and there wouldn't be any at all for them Understand?
If you don't Pm Me

“Oh my god,” Alec shut his eyes. “Jace, you’re naked.”

“I know,” Jace said. “I’m in my purest form, no hair dye, no clothes, no kangaroos. I’m just me!”
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#328 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 8:50 AM
Scobie26 - You already can. Under the Downloads header you can click on Sims 2 or Sims 3 and get only stuff for that particular game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#329 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:31 PM
You can also set it up so you only see downloads from one game by default in Edit Options, and you can switch games within the downloads browser by clicking the Sims 2/Sims 3 icon in the top right corner.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#330 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:48 AM
User Links -> My Posts.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Oh, and "My Threads".
retired moderator
#332 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:48 AM
CFP - Happy now? :P

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
retired moderator
#334 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:12 AM
Answering questions is not just a matter of staff - sometimes we don't know the answer, or don't know how to help - we vary in knowledge of modding just as much as users do. We do try to help whenever we can, but sometimes, we can't, and you just have to wait for someone who can. And this isn't a job for us - it's a hobby, and we may not be on all the time to check the modding forum constantly. Also, name changes are done when you give us an amusing story - that's in the very first post in the name change thread. I don't recall any particularly amusing stories about your name change from you. :P

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#336 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:53 AM
Carlos: Maybe next time you should put actual modding questions in the create forums, where they belong, and not in Site Issues?

Also you only posted that thread 1 hour and 45 minutes before you complained about a lack of reply in this thread.

In future please be aware of where you post issues, and don't complain just becuase you haven't gotten a reply in less than 2 hours.

Thank you.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#338 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:13 AM
Well, if you have a problem for creating things for the game, then obviously you need to look in the Create section - not in Site Questions and Issues. Also, some would consider you rude for posting in the wrong area and then complaining about it - should we ban you too?

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#340 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:26 AM
Carlos: You are not the owner of this site. Therefore you do not get to tell us what is or is not rude. Fact is that you did post in the wrong place, and fact is you did then complain that the staff where basically not doing thier jobs in replying to you - when, in fact, we have absolutely no imperative to do so.

Now, since this isn't actually a site suggestion, please drop it and try exploring the site. Use the site map or even the Quick Menu to see all the different areas, so that you do not get "confused" again.

I expect no more posts on this issue. Thank you.

Banned
#341 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 4:22 AM
I don't know if this is already here or not, but I think it's something we need, if it's already a part of the site then please tell me how to use it. I think we need a saved messages area in our mailbox seperate from sent mail and incoming mail where we can click on any messages and select move to "saved mail" I know there are several things in my inbox that I would like to keep for later, and I personally like to periodically clear my inbox, and I might delete something important that someone said by mistake. If I had an area for saved mail, then I could quickly find things in mailbox that are important to keep note of.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#342 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 7:43 AM
jonin: The PM system already contains folders you can create and move items into. You can just make a folder called "Saved Items", move them to there, and then wipe your regular inbox.

Banned
#343 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:01 AM
thank you very much I didn't know that. That makes using my mail so much easier now that I know.
#344 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 4:41 PM
I know that there used to be a button that was called "Search this Forum". It was particularly helpful in the WCIF. Was it moved, am I blind or can another option be added?

Thanks!
Site Helper
#345 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 4:58 PM
I think it got disabled when the search got taken down.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#346 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:17 AM
Daily E-Mail Notifications of Favorite CC Updates?
It's nice to have a favorite downloads feature and a thanks button on MTS. I typically use this feature to thank every piece of CC that I download from this site and save it to my favorites. This way I can keep track of everything I have downloaded and I can also organize my favorite's list by the latest updated to see which CC has been updated recently and may be able to be replace any obsolete CC already in my game. If I don't download a piece of CC due to lack of interest or lack of compatibility (or whatever reason) then I just don't thank the download or add it to my favorites. I mean, what's the point if I'm not gonna download?

But sometimes it's far too easy to forget to check for updates to favorite CC often enough. Suppose you could subscribe to daily emails from this site for a list of any updates to your favorite CC that has taken place in the last 24 hours. I say daily emails because instant notifications might just use too much precious bandwidth from MTS and bog down the servers. It might also be very annoying to subscribers to get instant notifications, especially if they have a long favorites list on MTS. Of course, I could be wrong about the bandwidth issue, but I'm just throwing that out there just in case.

Different people do have different schedules, you know, and may want to be able to customize these notifications to their liking, so that if they don't even want to receive them everyday, they don't have to. The number one restriction though would be that you can only receive 1 notification at the most every 24 hours.

Here's some food for thought (just throwing these suggestions out there for consideration):
  1. Allow customization of these subscriptions to receive them only on certain days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
  2. Allow the option to receive notifications anywhere from every 1-7 days instead of on specific days of the week
  3. Allow the option to select the time of the day to receive your notifications, so long as the time selected is at least 24 hours after the previous scheduled notification (this feature does take into account the user's timezone)

This will help to bring some flexibility to work around everyone's unique schedules. Most people only have time to play The Sims at certain times of the day or week, so this does make a lot of sense, and will help to conserve even more bandwidth. Some people have repetitive daily/weekly schedules and some people's schedules are more flexible, so you get the idea.

Just some of my brain food for MTS Admins/Mods!. . .
Test Subject
#347 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 11:38 PM
I like this site
But i Like to download a lot of sims 2 downloads
and i have to go in and out
Is by any chance to make a bulk download packs ??
retired moderator
#348 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 11:58 PM
wp6890 - No. You need to read about what you're downloading, any other required items, and most importantly, decide whether it's the kind of thing you like. That may take time, but it took a heck of a lot longer for the creators to make something worth downloading.

Test Subject
#349 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 11:08 PM Last edited by wp6890 : 15th Apr 2010 at 11:33 PM.
Yeah Your Right Sorry
Banned
#350 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:15 AM
Hey I was wondering if it would be possible to have the creator recommendations area available to be seen when you have in your options, old non-tabbed view for downloads. I always preferred that view to the tabbed version, but if I want to see any creator recommendations, I have to log out.
Page 14 of 15