Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Height Slider

by CmarNYC Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM by CmarNYC

393 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts, 232 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 16
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#76 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 3:23 AM
Why isn't this a picked upload? This is absolutely awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 1:35 PM
This is amazing. It's great for households with more than one child!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#78 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 7:19 PM
Yesshh! Thank you so much for doing this. I'm glad to have properly working height mod again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 7:11 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 11:34 AM
Love it! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 10:23 PM
This is cool! I don't care about the minor issues
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 5:07 AM
Variable height is the biggest thing missing from the Sims! This is (almost) perfect! (Who needs to kiss anyways :-p)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 8:42 AM
Cool man.. i will try it !!
Test Subject
#84 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 1:05 PM
Default Request Post
I n' probably everybody know, the sims 3 has a lot of places not buy-able, so I want to do this request, We need a mod to buy for exemple the nerdshop(of universitylife) or a barbershop(of ambitions). thanks along.
Graciously,
Dragongamer
note: I don't speak English very well, 'cause i'm just on secundo year of my english class, then sorry me for any wrongword.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#85 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragongamer
I n' probably everybody know, the sims 3 has a lot of places not buy-able, so I want to do this request, We need a mod to buy for exemple the nerdshop(of universitylife) or a barbershop(of ambitions). thanks along.
Graciously,
Dragongamer
note: I don't speak English very well, 'cause i'm just on secundo year of my english class, then sorry me for any wrongword.

This is not the right place for requests.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#86 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 10:34 AM
Hi Cmar!

First- thank you for another great mod and all your hard work! I wanted to mention an interesting anomaly I found with some in-game testing of the mod. It seems that using the LTR item "Body Sculptor" or when manipulating a Teen, Y/A or Elder Sim's physical state (Fit, Fat or Skinny) with NRAAS Master Controller, it will cause the height of the Sim to 'revert' to EA's default value. Then, over the course of 12-24 Sim hours of play, the height will reduce or increase back to the value I had set using your slider. The Pregnancy morph does not cause this reversion. I've even had the opportunity to test it with "Unexpected Weight Gain" (male alien preg) which also will not cause a reversion. The reset to default height has occurred in every manipulation attempt (9x so far, 6 short, 3 tall), and the slow reversion to the height slider setttings
ccurred each time as well.

This anomaly does not appear (to my untrained eye) to be game-breaking, has not caused any crashes, and is not generating any ErrorTrap reports or EA error reports. It seems pretty harmless, just odd. I figured you might want to know about it though, since it *is* an anomaly. Thank you again for all your amazing mods and custom content and good luck on your future projects!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 5:13 PM
I just tested with Master Controller and it's not happening in my game. Maybe something else is happening in your game to cause this - possibly an interaction with another mod. Are any of the other sliders affected? Because this is an appearance slider no different from any other and it's hard to understand why it would be affected and not others.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 8:35 PM
I checked my other body-shaping sliders and found (now that you mention it ) that this also happens to Jonha's leg length Beta slider, Jonha's hip slider and Jonha's waist slider. I also have installed Jonha's "10 CAS slider pack", Delphy's breast sliders, both of your adult-oriented sets of sliders and your ear sliders, but those seem unaffected. It *may* be affecting breasts and chest as well, but if so it's almost too subtle to notice, I can't tell for certain.

I use Consort's 2x Weight and Fitness mod ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470349 ) but the description of that mod would indicate that under normal working conditions it would compliment your mod and maintain the new heights. Consort specifically states: "It also avoids "snapping" back to standard values for Sims created with other mods such as slider hacks". It might not be important, but I'd also like to note that I put the Consort mod in the Overrides folder while all the sliders are in the Package folder. I did not change any Resource priorities in the Override folder, if that applies to the situation.

Is it possible that because Consort's mod is a Core mod that it is causing some uncharacteristic behavior when I use the Body Sculptor item in conjunction with the sliders? And would it also be capable of affecting the Master Controller >Sim > Fitness/Weight chains? I hope this information is helpful, and not just a headache for you. >.< Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 2:06 AM
Anything I can learn from is not a headache - or at least it's a useful headache.

Tomorrow I'll try installing Consort's mod and see if I get the same effect. His mod does change the way the fat/fit/thin morphs work, so some sort of buggy interaction with MC and Body Sculptor is possible. It's again hard to understand why it would affect only body morphs and not face morphs that work the same way, though. On the other hand the body morphs are classified as body morphs in one of the controlling files, so hmmm. Interesting. I've been trying to figure out why this slider only inherits to the same gender, wonder if this is related?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 8:44 AM
This is absolutely awesome!
Test Subject
#91 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 3:15 PM
in my game didn't work! :-(
Forum Resident
#92 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 4:35 PM
My Weight+Fitness mod doesn't change the behaviour of facial sliders like this one. It only modifies bits of code in the game that specifically deal with the weight and fitness values.
The game has two spots where it blends the parents weight and fitness values for the baby (first one that works, then one that messes it up). Facial blends get inherited in a different routine somewhere else. Twallan has a little explanation of whats going on here

@wayward13 What you could try to do is this: When you set a new height for your Sim, but the game displays the Sim as standard EA height, try enforcing an outfit change. In some cases the game seems to have some weird outfit caching going on (especially on Sim detail set to very high) that prevents the new height from showing.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 7:24 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
#94 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 11:22 PM
Hi Consort,

Thanks for taking the time to clarify that. I mentioned your mod because, other than Master Controller and Story Progression, it had seemed to be the only mod I have installed could possibly affect the appearance of a Sim's body. Your 2x weight and fitness mod was the only manipulation mod installed other than sliders and Twallan's mods. It sounds like your explanation rules it out as an influence here.

For Cmar (and others):
Some additional information: I tried forcing the anomaly with a variety of Sim ages, Supernatural life states, and clothing options but could not find any consistencies in the anomalous behavior. It happens to a random sampling of Sims the first time I use the Sculptor or MC on them, then becomes inconsistent. It appears pretty much random. The closest I came to consistent was a female YA vampire in sleepwear or athletic wear had it happen to her 3 times out of 5 attempts, if the new height was set for anything within the range of -50 to -150. At -250 or smaller, or at +250 or higher, the anomaly did not occur. I attempted Consort's suggestion to force a clothes change with both Cmar Outfit changer and the "Change Outfit" EA command on the anomalous ones, with mixed results: the Sim would revert to EA standard and then start the slow decrease to Cmar Slider settings when changing into any custom clothing or EA clothing that was close to the body. It would remain at Cmar Slider settings when naked or with dresses and outfit sets that stand away from the body. Bone assignment issues maybe?

The only true consistency was that I was completely unable to duplicate the bug with werewolves in both human and wolf form. I used a male and female CAS-created werewolf as well as the premade members of the Wolff family in Moonlight Falls. The only thing I do notice there is a 1-2 second hang when shifting forms that probably has nothing to do with this.

It has occurred to me that this could *possibly* be a driver bug with my video card (Radeon 7770 with Catalyst 13.4, using a No-Crossfire, No-AA profile), since the card will cache data and can render or change models in EA games with some messy speeds and inconsistencies. It sounds implausible, as I exhibit no other video issues (no tearing, missing pixels, etc.), but there is a history of the EA Games sloppy GPU support having created some ugly (not to mention downright damaging) anomalies with games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. I'm curious about this, but I can't really be removing my Crossfire set-up or reverting my drivers to test it because I *just* got the right balance of settings so I can play CoH2 with decent graphics. =P

Ah well... thanks for letting me finally earn the title of "Test Subject" instead of just being 'Mod sponge', at any rate. =D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
My Weight+Fitness mod doesn't change the behaviour of facial sliders like this one. It only modifies bits of code in the game that specifically deal with the weight and fitness values.
The game has two spots where it blends the parents weight and fitness values for the baby (first one that works, then one that messes it up). Facial blends get inherited in a different routine somewhere else. Twallan has a little explanation of whats going on here

@wayward13 What you could try to do is this: When you set a new height for your Sim, but the game displays the Sim as standard EA height, try enforcing an outfit change. In some cases the game seems to have some weird outfit caching going on (especially on Sim detail set to very high) that prevents the new height from showing.

I've now tested with 2x Weight+Fitness and have NOT seen the glitch Wayward13 describes, at least the way I understand it. Wayward, am I correct that what's happening is that you've already altered the sim's height and seen the change in height, and when you later change the fat/fit/thin sliders the sim reverts to default height, then slowly during gameplay phases back to the modified height?

Anyway, this does not seem to be related to the Weight+Fitness mod. It remains very puzzling.

Consort, thanks for your remarks. I read your link and had seen the same info elsewhere. What I've found in multiple tests is that boys always inherit their father's height and that girls always inherit their mother's height, unless it's a same-sex pregnancy.

And I've just confirmed in the code that if the FacialBlend FacialRegion (the FacialRegion setting in the FACE file) is a body region, it'll always be inherited from the same gender parent. Good to know. Creators should be able to control how their sliders are inherited by using this setting - for example, hip width sliders can be set to be inherited only by the same sex, while others like height should be inherited by either sex.

Test Subject
#96 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 12:34 AM
The only distinction from what you said is that when I change the fat/fit/thin, I do it by clicking the Sim then using th commands: Master Controller > Intermediate > Fitness or Weight, then typing an adjustment number in the pop-up box between +2.0 and -2.0. Otherwise, I believe you got the gyst of what I meant. Of course, with the Body Sculptor item, we don't get quite so fine control over the value.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#97 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 7:41 AM
I knew I would love this..I did, i did! OMG..this changes everything..My sims can now have a normal family..with a few kids who actually seems younger/older than eachother..paired with higher/lower pitch voice...amazing effect! This is marvelous..works great in the game. <3 thanks again.
Test Subject
#98 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 9:00 PM
Default Good job
After reading about the problems with this mod, I can see why EA didn't want to do it. Some people don't care though, and at least we now know it's possible. I hope that you continue to work on this mod and make it even better.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#99 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 12:12 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 3:27 PM
thank you
Page 4 of 16