Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:12 PM
Default How Do I Make My Game More Interesting?
I am super bored and have no clue what to do, i am also really bored with my sims games rn
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:17 PM
Well, that depends on what you usually do with your Sims...

You could play a type of Sim you generally never play. You tend to play with Artistic Sims, make one that hates Art and lives like a Slob. Or try one of the Single Sim challenges from the challenge section. Go for a job/profession you've never used in your game before because of some reason.

You could grab Nraas' Story Progression (though that does slow the game a bit, from what I can tell when I used it, but my PC is not the best) and find out via stories what the neighbors are doing. They could be getting married; having children; ending up a huge fight with their partner...
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:46 PM
Use Sim game selector to change what EPs you're playing with.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140
I like to play "science", "super natural" and "science with aliens" theme games.

Try playing a random sim, with a LTW you don't usually play.

Play a world you're not familiar with. I like rflong7's worlds.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong7

Make a sim who's your exact opposite of your self sim
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 7:31 PM
What I do is start a challenge. There are loads. Even if you don't follow all the rules, it still mixes up your regular play.
At the moment, I also have a town running that is plagued by Disasters courtesy of Zerbu's disaster mod and actual plagues courtesy of NRAAS Vector mod. Not a lot of sims get out unharmed but it's fun and different from my usual legacy play. I play it in one of the post-apocalyptic worlds. It's called Nightmare city. Keep in mind that Zerbu's mod requires a decent computer to run. There are a LOT of fires!
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 7:49 PM
How do you play? I tend to play themes

French world
Japanese world
Small town in North Dakota with Native American Descendants
Island world
Urban world
University world
Survival world
etc...

atm im actually overwhelmed and about to play vanilla
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:51 PM
You could go for an interesting fantasy theme. I playing a dark wonderland. There are only redsidental lots and one hangout.

Overstuffed households are fun too. You could make an apartment complex. It could be filled with Sims with all kind of lives, like cops, criminals and scientists all trying not to fight each other. Or maybe fill it with your favorite sims out of all your saves.

You could also make your Simself live with a pack of wolves, or burn down the city with a unicorn.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 5:40 AM
I'm running a trailer park challenge, myself.
Site Helper
#8 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:36 PM
Go play something else until you aren't bored with Sims 3 anymore.
Or try one of the challenges,
or make your own challenge.

Anything. The idea is to do something different.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 7:14 PM
Fulfill every wish of your sim's that you'd normally cancel.

Play a sim who aims to make enemies out of everyone they talk to.

Play a gold digger who succeeds but is eventually killed by their spouse's child in revenge.

Play an orphanage with toddlers and children and have each sim master a different skill.

Play a kleptomaniac hobo.

Play a philanthropist who uses any money they gain to better the city (edit lots via TCE).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:44 PM
Sometimes you just inevitably run out of ideas- I like to play the role of observer and see how the systems create interesting moments on their own!

Theme your town:
- i.e. Fishing town, East Coast city, farming town, etc.
- That will determine the moods, roles and limitations

Then for mods:
- NRaas tag system (to see where everyone is)
- Shimrod's Townies out on the town (to make other sims go out)
- NRaas's StoryProgression or Arsil's mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=551234 (to make your sims go out on their own)

Challenges can then be further overlaid on this system.