Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2023 at 1:06 AM
Default Lengthening Biography Character Limit?
Hello! I'm new here, so I hope this is the right place to talk about my thoughts.

I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to code a mod for the Scrapbook feature of the Sims 3. I believe this feature was added to the game for the Generations pack, and it is something I use frequently for my legacy challenge gameplays.

However, I wish the character limit for the Biography could be longer? I think it caps out at around 150 words. I like writing fully fleshed out summaries for my Sims, and it's a little distracting to have to always write them out on my phone.

This could either be super simple or super difficult. This isnt a request for the mod creators out there, but if you would be interested in taking on this idea or possibly telling me how I could do it (or if it's even possible), that would be awsome.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyny10000
Hello! I'm new here, so I hope this is the right place to talk about my thoughts.

I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to code a mod for the Scrapbook feature of the Sims 3. I believe this feature was added to the game for the Generations pack, and it is something I use frequently for my legacy challenge gameplays.

However, I wish the character limit for the Biography could be longer? I think it caps out at around 150 words. I like writing fully fleshed out summaries for my Sims, and it's a little distracting to have to always write them out on my phone.

This could either be super simple or super difficult. This isnt a request for the mod creators out there, but if you would be interested in taking on this idea or possibly telling me how I could do it (or if it's even possible), that would be awsome.

Hey, it's a bit late but I made the mod you wanted. For now I doubled the character limit from 1000 to 2000, but if you need more I can change it.

It was actually quite easy, if you know where to look. I only changed the Max Text Length in the HUDScrapbook layout file. I also don't think that it conflicts with other mods, except maybe for UI reworks.

Have fun with it
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LongerScrapbookBiographie.zip (19.0 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rites
Hey, it's a bit late but I made the mod you wanted. For now I doubled the character limit from 1000 to 2000, but if you need more I can change it.

It was actually quite easy, if you know where to look. I only changed the Max Text Length in the HUDScrapbook layout file. I also don't think that it conflicts with other mods, except maybe for UI reworks.

Have fun with it

Wow! I thought this had been totally forgotten about. Thank you so much! I'd been looking for something like this everywhere! :D