Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:02 PM
Default Giving elders adult jobs
Has anyone found a way for elders to have adult jobs without any conflicts? When using boolprob and the newspaper to give elders adult jobs they go to work and automatically come back like an hr later. It's the same result with the sim blender (green plant) as well as the painting that gives the option for elders to have adult jobs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:26 PM
Well, they can have them just fine - if they were adults when they got them - but if you want them to be able to get them as elders, there's a no-age-discrimination hack (somewhere; if no one comes along, ask in WCIF).

If you don't want to do that, I'd try giving them the job you want In SimPE, at a level not available to elders. I've never tried it, but it's worth a shot.

Obviously, back up your game first and all that jazz.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:36 PM
Noagediscrimination at MATY http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/ AL version linked. Use the computer to get the adult job , newspaper will still yield elder jobs.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Noagediscrimination at MATY http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/ AL version linked. Use the computer to get the adult job , newspaper will still yield elder jobs.

Thanks Peni and Mookiblaylock for the link. I'll give it a try now
edit: would this work with the sim blender do ya think? I ask because I have custom careers that offer a higher salary and it's usually how I give out jobs.
Inventor
#5 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 8:15 PM
I use the sim blender , but not noagediscrimination , so not sure. I've been using this http://modthesims.info/d/289244 forever to get my sims a particular custom career. Maybe between the Simblender, Christianlov's easy computer and MogHughson's http://modthesims.info/d/304689 job seeking noticeboard something will work. Load order might make a diff too (or not). I'd try to load noagediscrimination last and see if that works. Good luck!

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 8:20 PM
I couldn't get SimPE to give an adult job when I tried, but that might have been because I didn't understand how to
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 8:27 PM
I have Pescado's noagediscrimination and the Sim Blender and on the Sim Blender if I want to give an elder a job using the Sim Blender there are the "adult job" and "teen/elder" categories. Using the adult job category gives the elder the normal adult job. I don't always see the job I want for the elder on the computer, so I use the Blender instead. I don't know if the two options are available if player doesn't have noagediscrmination.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I have Pescado's noagediscrimination and the Sim Blender and on the Sim Blender if I want to give an elder a job using the Sim Blender there are the "adult job" and "teen/elder" categories. Using the adult job category gives the elder the normal adult job. I don't always see the job I want for the elder on the computer, so I use the Blender instead. I don't know if the two options are available if player doesn't have noagediscrmination.

I have the sim blender and my elder sims still end up popping back up after about 30 minutes of work. The noagediscrimination didn't solve the problem . I looked up my issue online and a lot of people who had the issue found the problem being a mod or career they had in their files. It'll just take me AGES to go through all of them with over 70 careers installed and over 400 MB worth of mods in my downloads folder.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 9:27 PM
Make sure none of your Sims are at work, if you remove custom careers. Also, back up your game before you start testing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Make sure none of your Sims are at work, if you remove custom careers. Also, back up your game before you start testing.

I think I'll just work around the issue...when they hit elder status I'll use the shrub to see how many days are left, write it in their notes, then age them to an adult again with the same number of days they had when they first aged to elder...and after those days are done I'll make them die of old age...(though technically they'll die as adults) ah well I'll get the hang of it as time progresses. Too much trouble to check all careers with over 50 playable families in my megahood. Thanks though!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:56 PM
I think you'll find that the 50/50 is a lot less trouble than all that crap! Back up your game and restore from the back up after you've figured out the culprit; then you can change the jobs just on the ones in that particular custom career, should that prove to be the one at fault.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 11:02 PM
The no age discrimination +Sim blender works fine, so if you have an issue it sounds like you have a conflicting mod problem. You could try running sim wardrobe hack utility.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:49 AM
Is it possible to use cheats (or the InSIM or Sim Manipulator) to age the elder back down to an adult, get them an adult job, and then age them back up?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:13 AM
I don't see why not, except you would not want to play chance cards in case they got fired.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't see why not, except you would not want to play chance cards in case they got fired.

Really! You think that would work? They'd get to go through all 10 job levels? That would be awesome! Has anyone tried that before here? If not I'll have to test it Monday when I have time to play again
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:48 AM
Plenty of people have tried. As long as you are in the adult career when you age to elders, they will remain in the adult career and get promoted if they fit the requirements. It's getting them into it that is tricky, if they are already elders.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Plenty of people have tried. As long as you are in the adult career when you age to elders, they will remain in the adult career and get promoted if they fit the requirements. It's getting them into it that is tricky, if they are already elders.

Oh Great! Now I'll only have to age them down temporarily and not permanently like I was going to do. You've saved me quite a few steps! Thanks :D
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:15 AM
I'd still check your CC for a conflict though. It could be doing other dodgy stuff that you haven't noticed yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:41 PM Last edited by SayanAmanda : 29th Jun 2014 at 3:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'd still check your CC for a conflict though. It could be doing other dodgy stuff that you haven't noticed yet.

So is it recommended that ALL conflict detections be deleted ?

For one like the antiredundancy came up as a conflict which is a must in my game.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 3:44 PM
If you are referring to the HCDU then it can go anywhere. It'll find and scan your downloads folder on it's own.

50/50 would probably be fairly quick, since it's easy to setup a test-hood and test scenario, and you already know the likely cause is mods or careers.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:20 PM
Not all conflicts are bad. All the HCDU does is tell you which mods it finds covering the same code, as this is a likely source for unexpected behavior. Some of these conflicts can be resolved by changing the load order (When faced with two pieces of code dealing with the same behavior, the program will go with the last loaded) and some will function smoothly. The HCDU is not a substitute for proper testing; it is a tool that helps you eliminate the Most Likely Suspects first, so if used regularly it will save you time.

In any given case, however, you might still have to go through the entire contents of your downloads folder twice and finally realize that it was in your Saved Sims folder all along. There's no way to know ahead of time.

It's like looking for that lost earring. You can go back to the last place you remember seeing it, or the place where you always take your earrings off; but none of that will prevent it eventually turning up under a couch cushion. Sometimes you can find things with a search; sometimes you have to systematically clean your house.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SayanAmanda
So is it recommended that ALL conflict detections be deleted ?

For one like the antiredundancy came up as a conflict which is a must in my game.

Post the report here. I did that when I had problems and people were really helpful with load order advice etc.