Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:35 PM
Default Business Ideas
I have a town called Lakeview Hills made on the Belladonna Cove Terrain. I am going to start families and I like it when they own businesses. The only businesses I have are ones where Sims can only buy stuff that they have to hand craft/get.
Possible Businesses:
~Toy Shop: Use the toy bench to make and sell toys. Also sell toys from catalog.
~Appliance Shop: Use the robot bench to make robots. Also sell appliances from catalog.
~Flower Shop: Use the floral bench to make flower arrangments. Also sell plants from catalog.
~Food Store: Own a farm w/ a pond to sell fresh fruit and fish. Also sell regular food to restock fridges.
~Salon: Use the "Ugh No More" to give makeovers, use the massage table, sauna, and hot tubs. Also have the stand where they have to pay to stay.
~Pet Shop: This is my ONLY exception. The Sims owning this business will not be crafting anything. But they will sell pets and supplies.
~Bakery: Sell desserts that were homemade and sell coffee and lemonade.

That's all I have. Are there any other items in the series you can craft? I know with Freetime there's sewing and pottery. But I have all expansions and stuff packs except Freetime and University. I will be getting them soon for my birthday. So please respond and let me know if I'm missing anything.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:35 PM
An art gallery where they sell their paintings?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:36 PM
You can make a magic shop, selling the items that the witches craft.

Freetime offers you a lot of possibilities to craft clothes and pottery. It's a very good expansion, it brings a lot of clothes and stuff too. I recommend it!

Make themed shops. A bookstore, an art gallery, with Seasons you can sell fish and vegetables.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:50 PM
I tend to have a deli case in my food stores. Full of salad, sandwiches, and turkey. Sometimes mac and cheese too. You could open a deli and just sell what you think would be in a deli.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 3:55 AM
This comes up a lot.

Check those threads for some good ideas!
Alchemist
#6 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 6:47 AM
I use jordi's hack to enable Sims to sell written novels. Now, everyone with Film&Literature hobby can read novel without having to write one! ^^ Bookcase marked for sale sells 3 books, but it will disappear once a Sim reads it or placed on bookcase.

It's so irritating that the only way to fulfill "Read a novel" want is to read the real novel, not just any books in bookcase!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 8:04 AM
Arcade, car dealer, and the bar.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 2:22 PM
Thanks guys! I love the magic shop idea! Also I'm going to use the idea where they sell paintings. And when I get Freetime, I will add those to my shops.
@nikel23 Can you find me the link for the hack? I'll look for it on my own too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:53 PM
Does University come with any items you can "craft?"
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Does University come with any items you can "craft?"

I think it comes with the coffee bar where you can work as a barista. Makes a nice coffee shop.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 7:08 PM
You can use that bubble blowers for venues
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think it comes with the coffee bar where you can work as a barista. Makes a nice coffee shop.

Oh nice! That'd be great to add to my bakery. It'd be like a cute little cafe. I'd like to put a lot in the Downtown subhood and it could be one of those cafes with the microphone that comes with Apartment Life and sims could read poems as others sat on the couches and drank their coffee. I wish they could access their inventory so they could eat the food they bought. Probably a mod for that somewhere.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:55 PM
The coffee bar is glitched for OFB. No one buys coffee at it if it's manned by the owner. If you hire a townie, it works normally.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The coffee bar is glitched for OFB. No one buys coffee at it if it's manned by the owner. If you hire a townie, it works normally.

Is it really?! I have a coffee bar that didn't come with Uni, but another that came with AL. So employees I hire would work at it, but would it work if I had other family members do it (like the wife or teen)?
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:55 PM
how about an electronics store
here's my electronics store
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4HUccpUA9w
this was from a few years back and since then I have done some upgrades including getting apartment life to have ceilings.
hopefully soon I'll get to recording and uploading an updated version
Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 8:27 PM
I'm mildly amused to see this bumped up because I've just spent the last few days going through my CC and making sure it shows up on community lots so I can make more stores. I even jotted down a list last night of stores I want to make now, including but not limited to: a gun shop (I have quite a few CC weapons), a bed shop, a babycare store, a tattoo parlour (I have a few tattoo overlay boxes plus some converted TS3 tattoo shop stuff), a musical instrument store, a garden centre and a photography studio where families can go and get posh photos taken. Most of it isn't exactly stuff you can craft, but the photo studio might work and you could include tattoos with salon makeovers.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 10:38 PM Last edited by Rusty55 : 6th Mar 2014 at 11:17 PM.
My sims own the following businesses

Photo Studio, Dance Studio, Tai Chi Studio, Yoga Studio, 2 gyms - 1 with payable exercise machines and payable toilets, forget where I download them, Florist Shop, Bakery- sells only the highest quality bake goods, the owner has maxed out their cooking skills and uses fresh fruits when baking, and has a blue ribbon for everything sold (owner has won every cooking contest they have entered), Deli, Fish Market- goes fishing and sells all fish they catch, Massage Parlor, Salon, Fruit Stand - they grow their own fruit, harvest it and then sell it, Flea Market- it is on a beach lot and sells clothing, pets, food, electronics, etc and then my sims can go swimming after shopping, Farmer's Market- This family grows every plant that is harvestable and sells it at their market, Ceramics Shop, Sewing Shop, Candy Factory- has 3 of the Career rewards Chocolate Candy makers, a Career Center- this center has all career rewards for sims to use to help in the career of their choice, an Orchard- When not playing this family, the Orchard is left fully harvestable so the sims I am playing can harvest when entering the orchard, Skating Rink, Ice Skating Rink, and a Car Dealership. I know most are not crafted items, but some are from the hobby cat.

All businesses has a juicer placed where customers can help their self and is stock with ingredients for the pepper punch so the customers can stay longer.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:43 PM
lol here is more and my list (#25)