Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 2:13 PM
Default Your favourite sites/creators for skintones...
What are your absolute favourite skintones, and creators of them, and why? List them here!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 6:23 AM
Enayla - Beautiful semi-realistic skintones, always handpainted. She is very talented artist and skintone creator.

Ren/SimCribbling - Skintones that are realistic but not over realistic. Realistic details.

Natural Beauty by HystericalParoxysm - Realistic but still simmy-ish. Lovely texture.

Oepu/Oepu's Site - Photorealistic skins, and one set that is a bit more semi-realistic.

Navestea - Realistic skins, nice details.

summersong86 - Realistic skins.

Jirka/Glance Models - Very realistic skins.

ChazDesigns - Freakishly realistic skins. Great for making your sims look like they're in their 50's....in a good way...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 6:35 AM
My favorites are yours, HP! I just installed yours from the demused website as my defaults and they rock.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 12:09 AM
Louis (SimCribbing) is my favorite. I like the realistic features and tones. Theres also a slightly fuzzy version of it thats really nice. However, I do wish there was more slighty hairy versions of it, not the full blow body hair, just light puffs LOL

Thanks for Navestea SimGameFan, it looks very good
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 9:25 AM
I'm a little bit in love with Rensim's new skintones. They are so very pretty.

@ ScoobyDoo - you might want to look at some of Helaene's skintones, there's a few that are based on Louis's skins, except with hair.

Sheer wonder, baby.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 10:49 PM
Yup I already have those. Theres one I like, that has a reasonably good body hair, including some on small of the back. It's a bit blurry but looks like an average person, however the shoulders are blurred and don't seem to quite fit the rest :-\
#7 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 10:52 PM
Glance/Jirka :3
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 5:25 PM
To add to SimGameFan's detailed list (all of which I agree with):

teru_k - Gorgeous, ethereal-looking skintones. Perfect for fantasy sims like vampires. The AsiaStyle skinset is my personal favorite.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:34 AM
I love Enayla's, Rensim's and SimCribbling's skintones.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:39 AM
It's Helaene, hands down.

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 5:42 AM
HP, yours are probably some of the best. Louis has great ones too. I mean they are realistic but don't scream "ZOMG I HAVE SO MUCH GRAIN ON MY FACE YOU CAN SEE ALL MY PORES PLEASE DOWNLOAD ME AND HAVE FREAKISHLY PHOTOSKINNED SIMS!"

I don't see why people like ChazDesigns skins, I think he photoskins WAY too much and the end result is really grainy.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:17 AM
I love ChazDesign's sims, so I download them, change out their skin for something by Enayla, their eyes for something either Enayla or Alkaloid and different hair. But the face is usually really cool and different.
For skins I like Ren, Enayla and Helaene.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:20 AM
Ren-in my opinion she does the best job on skins. Making them realstic butnot too shiny and plastic looking.
#14 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:54 AM
I mostly use Helaene, Enayla and Louis's skins though I do have a few extra skins that I use occassionally. I can't remember for the life of me who created them though. ;x
#15 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:18 PM
louis skins are lovely, I also like one of the peggy pay skin sets which I cant stop using. Some glance skins are nice aswell, though I find the eyebrows annoying. There's a few others I like but I really cant remember whos they are.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:40 PM
My favorite is Teru~! I love her BJD skinset as well as the AsiaStyle set, they are nicely detailed and have nice facial textures.
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:59 PM
I like semi realistic skintones so Ephemera, Louis and Enayla! And then Corinne, Ruthless and Deezedoesdance for tattooed skintones
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 4:47 AM
I really like skintones that are still "simmy" and not overly shiny and boney looking. I can't stand it when my sims are walking around all shiny, because to me that isn't realistic. I'm not shiny...

Therefore, HP, I love your skins. Do you have any that aren't Barbie?
#19 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:09 AM
I'm in love with the Glance skintones :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:29 AM
MissLynn22 - Yes... the anatomically correct versions of my skins are linked in the MTS2 upload thread.

I recently wiped my computer and started over. When I went to get skintones I got:

- RenSim's - Lovely bodies, not too distinct faces, and rather similar to, well, my own skintones in terms of detail but lack of shine. Both sets (the freshies and the new ones) are beautiful.

- Ren/Louis/SimCribbling Skins - Just an essential, IMO. First truly detailed skins and still some of the best.

- Corvi's Edits - Corvi's done edits of both Oepu's skins and Stefan's Samantha Pauline that I just love.

- Enayla - Her pixie skins are beautiful. I don't tend to use them a ton, as I try to reserve them for pretty, delicate sims, but when I do I really love 'em.

- My Idolatry of Flesh Skins - I use the anatomically correct versions as defaults. Hey, what can I say, I made the skin I always wanted to have.

I don't use any Glance/Jirka/Chaz skins unless they come on a sim. I find when I try to put them on my own sims they look weird, and I don't tend to like the "I can see every pore!" look.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLynn22
I really like skintones that are still "simmy" and not overly shiny and boney looking. I can't stand it when my sims are walking around all shiny, because to me that isn't realistic. I'm not shiny...

I agree! I'm a big fan of Lyran's defaults for that reason. They add some nice details and color, but still maintain the sim-ish look.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 4:30 PM
I used to used the SimCribbling ones, now I use HP's ones! They're great!
#23 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 8:33 PM
Enayla! I have got totally new custom skins.

I tried some Navestea custom skins some months ago and I thought they were AWFUL. It's no insult but all my sims looked green..... The only default replacement I liked was the alien skin from Navestea.
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:54 AM
Taking a look at my folders:
- @stefan including the recoloring by corvidophile
- Enayla's, the genetic versions by Dewshine
- HP, Idolatry of flesh
- Louis, actually the versions of Jwilson5 linked to specific body shapes
- Oepu's latest
- Rensim's Circonflex & Freshi Aqua Alien (always my default)
- Teru_k's SimpleSkin
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 6:15 AM
i love Glance/Jirka's skintones. I play my game in the highest resolution and they look gorgeous. I'm not a fan of chazdesigns skins because they are overly grainy and its like the sim has a mask plastered on his/her face because the colour of the face is different from the rest of the body. Do not be fooled by the great pictures.

I also love @stefan's realism skintones. They look great in game and fit so smoothly on each sim!

I'm not really a fan of enayla's skintones, except the pixie series. The rest were overly shiny and the face had too much shadow in them.

currently i'm using louis' skintones as defaults, but i was wondering if i should change to HP's defaults instead because of all the great feedback i see here

I also love Corvi's samantha pauline edits. I loved the Samantha Pauline sim, i downloaded her played her in game and she looked absolutely gorgeous! so imagine my joy when corvi did her edits!

I also like oepu's barbie realistic skins! I download them for a family that i want looking freckle-faced and pale! so beautiful.

***EDIT***

I just downloaded corvi's oepu skin as defaults and they look fantastic!!! I highly recommend them!
Page 1 of 5