Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 10:55 PM
Default What are some things that the sims do, that you wish you could do in real life?
Some things that the sims do that I wish I could do in real life, are things like this:

Quickly fall in love with someone just by chatting with them a bunch of times, then move in for romance. You can fall in love in one day!

The ability to turn into a supernatural, or have an alien baby

play SSX3. I don't know if that's a real game or not, but it looks fun!

So what are some things that sims do that you wish you could do?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 11:03 PM
Acquire a hundred thousand dollars in a matter of weeks, then quit work to live off said savings for several generations.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:57 AM
So many things:

Get skinny by only working out for an hour or two.
A chauffeur to work every day
Give birth in like 5 minutes and immediately have your figure back!
Be "in the mood" romantically every single time woo-hoo is chosen
Learn to play the piano like a concert pianist after only a few days of practice

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:05 AM
Be able to buy a home and furnish it decently enough (to start) for 20k

...walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:05 AM
There's way more than these ones, but these are the mains:

The ability to just look in the mirror and be able to have long, straight hair when a second ago you had short curly hair.

To be able to get skinny so quickly.

To be able to master every skill within a week or two.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:43 AM
As soon as you jump into a pool you instantly know how to swim.

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:55 AM
Be able to get money by hitting the cheat console-motherlode, indeed!
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:10 AM
Be able to fix problems simply by not saving.
Being able to marry an Orlando Bloom sim and have him be the perfect guy.
Use the Motherlode cheat
Drive a new Mustang
Being able to kill skanky romantic rivals and not have any trouble with being thrown in jail (I'm half joking about that one)

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Scholar
#9 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSX_3

Giving birth in five minutes (or under) amongst tinkles and lullabies, immediately slipping back into... the hip pre-preggo clothes. No more hubby's hands breaking, no more nasty pushing...

To be a baby, toddler, or child and cheat death (although the social worker can still come get you).

Colleges with cows and easy, fast, guaranteed 3.0+ GPAs every semester.

No traffic!

No taxi fees!

Resurrecting the dead?

Swimming in beaches!
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:31 AM

Giving birth in five minutes (or under) amongst tinkles and lullabies, immediately slipping back into... the hip pre-preggo clothes. No more hubby's hands breaking, no more nasty pushing...

To be a baby, toddler, or child and cheat death (although the social worker can still come get you).

Colleges with cows and easy, fast, guaranteed 3.0+ GPAs every semester.

No traffic!

No taxi fees!

Resurrecting the dead?

Swimming in beaches!
Site Helper
#11 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:08 AM
motherlode to solve money problems
aging off
redecorate the entire house in an instant
it's a lot easier to keep the house tidy, even if you don't hire a maid
You can drive a car as soon as you become a teenager. No drivers licence, lessons, or vision test required.
groceries are delivered if you don't want to to go shopping. Or you can just get a new fridge full of food.
Bookshelves seem to have an infinite supply of books that you haven't already read yet.

And I would love to be able to raise the dead

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove

Swimming in beaches!

you CAN swim at the beach in real life silly :P
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 7:58 AM
you CAN swim at the beach in real life silly :P

Well, own a beachside home! WHEE HEE! From 3.5 mil to 35K? I'll take it, thanks.
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 8:23 AM
Pull items out of my butt and put them back in.

Wait, what?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:42 PM

familyFunds _____ $1,000,000.
That'd be nice.
And the ability to max my motives so I never have to sleep. XD
Site Helper
#16 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
Well, own a beachside home! WHEE HEE! From 3.5 mil to 35K? I'll take it, thanks.

You can own beachside homes too. Of course with that price range you probably don't want to know who you are sharing the beach with...

Being able to carry 15 cars in my pocket would be.... interesting?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
#17 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HaphazardSim
Have police officers and robbers fight it out and you be able to watch.

No thank you. In RL they use guns. And 9 year old innocent bystanders get shot.

Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 11:29 PM
Some things that the sims do that I wish I could do in real life, are things like this:

Quickly fall in love with someone just by chatting with them a bunch of times, then move in for romance. You can fall in love in one day!

So what are some things that sims do that you wish you could do?

You've got that right! It's so hard to do in real life. I've been on online dating sites and it's so hard to even connect in real life. You know what I did with my game awhile back that relates to this? I made a CAS to be me,made her look as much like me as I could at the time. Anyway, I was messing around getting the Caliente sisters pregnant with the Grim Reaper. They always turn out to be great looking sims. This one boy out of all of them is my favorite of all. After he grew up, went to college and graduated, I decided I wanted him for my "me" sim. He looks like a simulation of my dream man. Anyway, I had no idea how to make them meet, so I moved her out, moved her in the house he was living in when he got out of college(his mother's house). Then made him start chatting with her. I wish I could do that in real life! Anyway, another thing I'd like to do is have a money tree or two. Another thing that would be cool is how I cheat to make some sims extremely rich. I package the family, reinstall them, move them out, then move them in with their original selves. Yes, there ends up being copies of them in the same house. Then I move out the copies of them that were installed, then their funds double. Can you imagine making a copy of yourself, keep doubling your funds like that? I move the copies of them out and their funds stay with the household. (bad deal for some sims, huh Then I delete the copies I just moved out. Wouldn't that be hilarious to be able to do that? Another thing that would be cool is when something goes really wrong in life, you could exit without saving then it never happened to you.
Scholar
#19 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:43 AM
I have a much simpler way to cheat that way: I have a small lot in each of my neighborhoods that I've named "Cheatzilla Villa" and after I make a family that I want to be richer than just $20,000, I move them into that lot, use the motherlode cheat, move them back into the family bin and then move them into their desired house. That would be so cool to do in real life...that and the whole perfect husband thing.

Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:49 AM
Or you could just use the familyFunds cheat to give them as much as you want in the neighborhood screen, that's a lot easier!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:15 AM
Change careers or get jobs as easily as sims can. Ooo and turning aging off would be pretty damn sweet too! :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:27 AM
Quote:
Be able to fix problems simply by not saving.

I can say with great certainty that not saving in real life definitely does not help fix problems

...walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.
Scholar
#23 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:36 AM
Or you could just use the familyFunds cheat to give them as much as you want in the neighborhood screen, that's a lot easier!

That only works with Nightlife and following EPs, though.

Oh yeah, and I'm shocked no one has noted how cheap the lots are! It seems expensive in game, but 450,000 for a 7,500 square foot castle? I'll take it! Where I am, a house like Brandi's trailer would still fetch $120,000+ USD!
Scholar
#24 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CarolJude
I can say with great certainty that not saving in real life definitely does not help fix problems

Well, since you can't save IRL, I'd have to agree... but it works in the Sims, sort of....it gives your sims a chance to do things differently and see if it works...if not, exit without saving and it's back to the drawing board. I'd love to be able to do that in real life (it would be like that movie Groundhog Day) I agree with the folks who mentioned turning aging off...that would rock.

Banned
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 3:07 AM
Some cool things you can do with insim that I would like to do in real life:

Summon anyone in the town

Increase my skills to max (especially cooking)

choose what age I want to be for that day, oh I feel like being a teen today, well maybe tomorrow I'll be an elder, or no maybe a toddler.

Get preggers. That would be awesome to be a preggy man! :p
Page 1 of 10