Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 3:43 PM
Default Can I import sims from Pet Stories into my regular game?
There is a family in Pet Stories that I really like and I'd love to be able to put them and their house into my regular game, which has all expansion packs. Is this possible, and how would I do it?
If I can't import the house over, would I be able to import just the sims and their pets over?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:59 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work to just drag the sim file over to the sims 2, since there the same game engine and such.
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 21st Jul 2011 at 7:15 PM.
There's a thread on MATY about porting neighborhoods (which would include sims and lots) from the Sims Life Stories line to the Sims 2. It's not a simple process, but it can be done. I expect that Sims Pet Stories is similar.

For lots, you could try just moving the lot packages into your LotCatalog folder and see what happens. backup your neighborhood first and be prepared to restore from backup if it doesn't work.

For sims, you could try extracting them using SimPE:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:20 PM
That's what I do with Life Stories Sims--just take note of their personality points, export them with SimPE, and recreate them in Body Shop.

I would say that if you want the memories, you can just dump all the Sims on one lot (so they've actually met each other), then move them out where you will, and use SimPE to create memories.
Site Helper
#5 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:36 PM
AlexandraSpears, have you tried porting any of the lots?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 6:32 PM
I just moving the lot packages into my Lot Catalog folder, and did not work.
How I can extract a lot from pets stories for the sims 2?
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 9:47 PM
Did you rename the lots to match the naming conventions for that folder?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 9:54 PM
The lot was called N002, and change to N001, but did not work.
Is there any tutorial to extract lots?
Site Helper
#9 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 9:59 PM
No, it needs to match the naming convention in that folder: cx_00000001.package, cx_00000002.package, cx_00000003.package, etc.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:07 PM
But in the folder of Pet Stories are only 5, but are other lots, would the others where they are?
Site Helper
#11 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 9th Aug 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by inu300988
But in the folder of Pet Stories are only 5, but are other lots, would the others where they are?
I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're asking. However, I've just found an old Pet Stories save, so I'm trying my technique now to see whether it actually works.

[Update:]

Yes, the technique works. Here's what I did.

I wanted to copy over the Abandoned House from the "Best in Show" neighborhood. That's lot # 68 in N001. So, I copied N001_Lot68.package from the Pet Stories Neighborhoods\N001\Lots subfolder into my Pets LotCatalog subfolder. Then, I renamed the lot package to cx_00000019.package, which was the first unused number in the LotCatalog folder.

Ran my game and there was "Abandoned House" in my lot bin. Added it to one of my Pets neighborhoods and entered the lot and everything seemed OK.

Note that you may be missing wallpaper, flooring, objects, etc. if they are specific to Pet Stories.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:20 PM
Ok, I'll wait to see if your version works.
What I say is: which folder should I search the lots?
Site Helper
#13 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:31 PM
Sorry, we cross-posted. I've explained my technique above. If you are unsure how to find your lot number, you can always copy all of the lots and then search through your lot bin till you find the right one.

I used SimPE to find the lot number, but you may be able to use the "boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true" cheat. I just don't know whether it works in Pet Stories or not.

To move sims, I would first try the "Easy Way" in this FAQ:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims

Be sure to backup your save games, since I have no idea whether that technique will work.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:36 PM
Thank you very much!!!
Now I will put into practice to see if it works.
Site Helper
#15 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:38 PM
Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 11:11 PM
It worked!!!
Thank you very much for the help.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
AlexandraSpears, have you tried porting any of the lots?

Nope.

Sorry I took so long to reply, was busy with other stuff.