Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:44 PM
LOL - Any ridiculously hilarious glitches? Share them here!
The Sims 3 and it's dear ancestor, The Sims 2, has had some ridiculously humorous errors and glitches, from sims randomly stretching out and forgetting to close there mouths, to slip-and-slide chaos! So, share 'em here!!!!!
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Airazor65 : 27th Jun 2014 at 6:20 PM. Reason: Update
Not in game, but still funny as heck, but today, I accidentally discovered a way to play the game without it's disk. Now, now---it may be a one time thing, but I opened the game directly through it's exe file in the bin folder, and then realized---holy hell, I'm still holding the disk in my hand! Anyone else?

-----------
Update: Well, nevermind that, it wanted the disk when I reached the Save Selection screen. Ah, so close!
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:48 PM
Spice Pony
#4 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 7:02 PM
My favourite was the time that my save file was horrifyingly corrupted, leading to… interesting results on the file's image icon. It was a married lesbian couple with a pair of adult daughters and a pair of cats, plus a roommate. I can't remember exactly what things looked like, but it was pretty messed up. Instead of her wife, my sim was embracing her daughter, and her roommate's head was missing, replaced by that of her other daughter. There was no sign of her wife. One of the cats was flying through the air like superman. The other was nowhere to be seen.

It was about at that point that I conceded that that save file was broken beyond repair.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 4:52 PM
You know when you send the parents to do something with the toddler, and they think they have to pick them up downstairs, so the parent goes downstairs and the toddler gets stuck at the top of the stairs? I've had two funny things happen with this. In one house, I had a foundation and basement. The way it was built, there was a short stair to the ground, a landing, and then another staircase to the basement. The staircase from first to second floors was directly above the basement to first floor staircase. Occasionally when the toddler/parent glitch would happen, the toddler would disappear. Instead of getting stuck upstairs, it would "fall" from the top of the stairs to the basement landing and would be sitting there playing with the teddy bear. In another home, I installed the elevator tubes. They fix the stuck glitch but in a hilarious way. The parent goes down a floor first, and the toddler follows down the tube, but when s/he does, s/he's arms and legs stretch to extreme proportions before zipping down. It looks as if they are becoming an alien or something. Then parent and toddler zip back up and go about their business.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:38 AM
anytime i serve a drink at the mixologist bar sims will throw up as soon as they drink it i was thinking it was fixed in latest patch but i dont know what happed
but even with level 10 mixology skill still making foul drinks
----------
edit: i found an other one before i update to the latest version on the sims 3 all of sims in town disappear only book and other things flout in air
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 1:31 PM
My new Sim cop gets home from work and I ask him to read the logic book in his inventory. He takes out the book, walks thru the living room (with a sofa, love seat and chair), up the stairs, down the hall, to the bathroom. There he proceeds to make himself comfy on the toilet and read his logic book. Huh?
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 6:33 AM
My simself tried her hand at repairing the kitchen sink

Then tried the washing machine

Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:32 AM
Hahahahahaha
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 12:37 PM
I clicked on Sunset Valley and it loaded up Isla Paradiso....

Good job, EA, good job.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayor-Of-Mustard
I clicked on Sunset Valley and it loaded up Isla Paradiso....

Good job, EA, good job.

Well, didn't you hear? Sunset Valley got flooded, so they had to rebuild the town. :P

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Top Secret Researcher
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 8:51 PM
I didn't catch it at first, but while bathing my dog Shero...

I kept looking at sim-me's legs and going "Hm, why do they look weird?".

I know why.
Theorist
#14 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 2:46 AM
Glitches, you say?

My children sleep peacefully in their nice little beds.

In bed, you say? Yes, that's what I said.

Same night, my wife Tina stands up from her bed.

I'm out...

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 2:57 AM Last edited by sbugg : 16th Nov 2015 at 3:20 AM.
Okay, so I was watching a pudding-y bin Sim and his daughter, and this happened:

I've seen things like this happen in other people's posts, and I have no clue why toddler necks randomly decide to stork like that. One moment, she was normal, the next she was like she was in the picture above, then she was back to normal:

What, did she have to whisper something in her dad's ear? She couldn't even talk yet at that point.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 8:34 AM
Viktor86

This happens to me, usually after I have been using 'moveObjects' to shift sims about - especially between floors. Did yours have the 'unfinished room' buff? Comes of not actually being in bed but floating up in the attic. You can reset the sims, but if I have just been running the game to take screenshots, I find its best to just quit without saving.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Theorist
#17 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 4:54 PM
No, she didn't. The only time they did was long time ago, after I forgot to wall paint their rooms. I used that cheat. In the first place to try to get a stuck townie (just outside the lot, thus needed to use resetsim), but eventually had to use it to get my Sims inside from the rain, Especially when wanted to do her home work in the frontyard, during autumn rain!

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#18 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 12:28 AM
Vidcund Curious seems to have gotten himself stuck in an infinite loop of peeing himself. He's done it four times in a row, with no sign of stopping. Don't ask me where this neverending supply of pee is coming from, because I'm baffled!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sbugg
Okay, so I was watching a pudding-y bin Sim and his daughter, and this happened:

I've seen things like this happen in other people's posts, and I have no clue why toddler necks randomly decide to stork like that. One moment, she was normal, the next she was like she was in the picture above, then she was back to normal:

What, did she have to whisper something in her dad's ear? She couldn't even talk yet at that point.

hey lil mama lemme whisper in ya ear
Scholar
#20 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 6:53 PM
Not exactly a glitch, in fact it's working as designed, but I thought it was kinda funny. So I'm partying with the local bitches... err... werewolf girls at my custom disco, and it's the hotspot for the night, so really packed. And the full moon hits. And first they transform, then start howling. And like over a dozen other people keep fainting and pissing themselves. Whelp, by the time they threw us out, it was starting to look more like a swimming pool, lemme tell ya :p
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 9:24 AM
Elynda

The easy.fix for that is NRass debug enabler.
Click the SIM nraas/ debug enabler/ move/ up, then again but select undo. Your SIM will be back to normal.
Scholar
#22 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaosborn
Elynda

The easy.fix for that is NRass debug enabler.
Click the SIM nraas/ debug enabler/ move/ up, then again but select undo. Your SIM will be back to normal.

Ah! Thanks, that's useful to know.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 9:12 AM
So did you try this Elynda? Using debug move/delta -0.50 on your active SIM is great for getting pictures of the kids and not looking down on them.
Assuming you want to decorate the house with kiddie pictures.
Just don't forget to undo.
Scholar
#24 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:25 AM
gaosborn No, I didn't know about that one, but that's useful too. I am doing a lot of shooting for a story lately and a lot of my characters are children, so every little trick helps. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry about the delay responding, but I've been busy, and not checking threads regularly as I normally do.

#25 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 1:57 PM
You know a game is glitchy when it has a thread like this.