Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 2:34 PM
Default Saving Household + Home
Hey! if I save my household + house into the catalog, will the Sims skills, friends etc. remain/ be saved. Or will they be counted as "new" sims?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 9:20 PM
The sims of the saved household will maintain their relationships with each other (although they will not "remember" any of their housemates traits), will maintain their skills, and if employed, maintain the career level. However, they will NOT maintain relationships with anyone in that or any other town, so if you just plop them back into the same world, everyone will be a stranger. Of course, if you're doing that to move them to a new town, it will not matter.

Two tiny "gotchas" with that, though. First, even if they maxed out level 10 in charisma, got all the "everyone's best friend" rewards, they will have no friends in the new town, and no memory of anyone from their old town, so despite the high charisma level, they will start out making friends as slowly as they did the first go around. Second, if they have a college degree, and are in an appropriate carer for the degree (Science and Medicine for, well, Science and Medicine), they will lose that huge wage advantage they got in the original world, and revert to the standard scale pay rate of their level in the new town.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 12:17 AM
Also if they have a rabbit hole job and you place them in a town that doesn't have that rabbit hole they will be unemployed.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:51 AM
Since my Sims 3 worlds tend to get wonky after about 2 gens, I had to move every single family and house of my alien dynasty a few times to fresh worlds (there are enough of them to crowd up entire worlds ..it takes me DAYS to complete moving everyone and checking each household afterwards for glitches) and results vary, but USUALLY it works as eskie227 describes.

But in my game, I HAVE seen oddities:

Sometimes, even members of the same household, moved together, forget they are related once put down in a new world. I have more than once had brothers in a household "forget" they are related, or grandfathers flirt with grandchildren because they 'forgot" they are relatives.
Conversely, sometimes, sims in separate households do maintain relationship tags with family members moved over into the same world.

In one notable case, everyone in one household forgot that the very founder of the whole dynasty, (who they all were living with!) was their father, grandfather, great-grandfather and thought that someone else I moved over, who was not even related to them, was their father/ grandfather etc.
So, in the end, the founder of my alien dynasty, by seventh generation, was essentially disowned by his closest, most favorite descendants who were all living swell, luxurious lives in his vast mansion and his usurper didn't even LIKE his faux descendants.
I stopped playing that dynasty after that..it was a kinda sad ending.

Skills never got borked though, inventory items never lost, but relationships, yeeesh.

On an Imac, can't use mods that would fix these borked family ties.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.