Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 4:00 PM
Default 180 days off work?
I am not sure how I accomplished this, but when I go to my Sim's career tab, it says work starts in 180 days and some odd hours. She's an Astronaut, so every Monday at 1am, she gets paid her regular salary for "personal time off." She was pregnant quite a while ago, but she's had the baby and it's now child off to its first day of school, but she's still being paid personal time off. I do have the "forever or a day" mod for pregnancy length, I have their lifespans set to very long, but have for as long as I've played this save. She adopted her first child, but didn't get this much time off work. I called in for unpaid time off with her first child until daughter was going to school and her fiance moved in, so no babysitter.

It's interesting, and I'm not going to complain as long as it doesn't mess up anything else in the game. She gets to stay home every day, hasn't had to worry about a baby sitter for the incredible 18hr shift and can worry about fishing, cooking, gardening, and (once I grow enough life fruit) her nectar making while having a constant income.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there anything I have to worry about?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 9:57 PM
I've never had more than 45 days off, but my 45 days reset back to the beginning upon returning from vacation making it closer to 80. The biggest thing that I know of to worry about would be the fact that she cannot get promoted until she goes back to work. If she doesn't need a promotion to fill a LTW and you're fine with her current income level, you're probably fine.

Master Controller, or one of the mods that integrates with it, has a function to fix that if you get tired of it. (Or you can give all your sims as much time off as you want to give them if you want to keep them all home.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 12:55 AM
At that level of the Military career, your sim only has one workday per week and there may be raises but no further promotions -- Astronaut is Level 10. Therefore, somehow they have accumulated around 25 paid days off. The 180 days includes the 6 non-workdays in each week up until they would be expected to report back for duty.

If you want to "fix" this with MasterController, it's NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Career > Days Off > -25, or some negative number like that, which will subtract what you enter from their bank of paid days off. (MC base mod and MC Cheats module required)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 1:08 AM
Also, if you have AwesomeMod, you can type "backtowork" into the cheat console to remove all those extra vacation days.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 4:22 AM
Well, I messed it up. I was saving money to move house, and got impatient. Like igazor said, she couldn't get her raises not going in. So I tried to fix it. I couldn't find anyone with this particular issue, so I used a solution for a similar problem. I deleted her workplace and then put it back.

I may as well have just had her quit her job, because after restoring it, she was unemployed. Should have just left it be. Oh well.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 1:35 PM
You did have a save game from before you deleted the army base you could go back to now, right?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 1:22 AM
I use this mod when my sim gets too many days off because of pregnancy. In case anyone wants to send their sims straight back to work.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/475826