Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2014 at 10:50 PM
Default crazy messed up alpha.
I'm trying to make this part an alpha but it looks like this even after following instructions.

I'm desperate any one know what's going on?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:25 PM
Um I Kind of fixed it already. I'm not sure what I did but it's working now.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th May 2014 at 9:42 PM
Before you continue, it looks like you need to untick Autosmooth in Milkshape, and Align Normals on those sharp seams on the arms and feet.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Before you continue, it looks like you need to untick Autosmooth in Milkshape, and Align Normals on those sharp seams on the arms and feet.

Don't forget the sides of the legs, the shoulders, the edges of every finger, etc. Basically, any place where the different parts of the mesh meet. I accidentally had Autosmooth checked once. It was easier to just start over.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Don't forget the sides of the legs, the shoulders, the edges of every finger, etc. Basically, any place where the different parts of the mesh meet. I accidentally had Autosmooth checked once. It was easier to just start over.

thanks guys. Autosmooth has never been checked I already knew about that. I used cats normal alignment afterwards. I have the newest version of milkshape which is a little different than the old one. If you smooth any place that's been snapped or welded together it turns it black in milkshape and in body shop. As a result I've stopped snapping edges together unless absolutely necessary.