Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 5:16 PM Last edited by InfinitesAreReal : 30th Jul 2014 at 2:57 PM.
Default Bodyshop Ruins Alpha Changes- Fixed! :D
I'll run bodyshop and open a new project, change the color a bit. Save. Reload in Bodyshop. Looks pretty.

Then I'm like- Hey, I should make this a strapless dress. So I go into the black-and-white alpha file and carefully delete the straps. Looks strapless to me.
Save. Reload.

Reloaded, it's completely butchered. I deleted the straps, just the straps. Everything is out of place.

Is there a fix/workaround for this or am I forever doomed to just recolors in my bodyshop?
This has happened before I got the UC and after.
Screenshots

The queen of mean and baking.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:02 PM
My first thought is that you've got some sort of default replacement mesh for that particular dress. To me, it looks like the mapping has gone wrong... and that would happen if the outfit is using some sort of custom mesh where the dress is mapped onto different areas of the mesh than the original.

Do you have a lot of custom content in your game?
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:53 PM
Did you save it as a 24 bit bitmap? If it's saved in the wrong format, it gets that sort of warped look.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:44 AM
I have a lot, but it's on everything I do, all ages. I'll try clearing my downloads folder before trying again.
I'm not sure that I did- Paint.net tends to funk some stuff up (auto-detect assumably would be fine, but maybe not). I'll try saving it in 24-bit.

Scholar
#5 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InfinitesAreReal
I have a lot, but it's on everything I do, all ages. I'll try clearing my downloads folder before trying again.
I'm not sure that I did- Paint.net tends to funk some stuff up (auto-detect assumably would be fine, but maybe not). I'll try saving it in 24-bit.

Autodetect doesn't pick the right one. The bitmap should be 3mb, not 1mb.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:25 AM
Yeah - I was gonna say, I've had that problem in the past when I've imported a texture directly into SimPE and selected the wrong DXT type for it, so I'm certain it's a compression problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:52 PM
I tried saving in 24bit and now the alpha changes aren't showing up at all- it might just be the mesh but no matter how dramatic the change it doesn't show up.
Edit .001: Aaaaand, I was editing the wrong project, clap, clap, clap, clap.

EDIT: Apparently just the mesh- yay! I've tried it on others a few times and it seems that changing to 24-bit was a too-simple solution, but it worked.