Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by msp_teen
I KILLLLLLL The max motives cheat!! but everything else I dont really bother with!!

Same, I use that like crazy. It's bad D:
Advertisement
#77 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 7:02 PM
I can't cheat; My sisters and I have made a strict rule that we needed to play sims as it is.

I use maxmotive when needed; other than that Insim for any problems reallyy; but yeah nothing else c:

Valerie
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 10:20 PM
I find that if I cheat, it takes all of the fun out of the game. I use building cheats, its just the money and motive cheats that ruin it for me. The funnest part for me is the process of making my Sims Wealthy, and managing their needs.
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:02 AM
Yes, I cheat, but that depends on the Sim(s) I am playing and what background (in my mind) I want to give them. One Sim might be good at dancing --no need to become neighbourhood's ridicule till he/she becomes an excellent dancer. Another one might be a shy, introvert and sort of philosophical kind, which means he/she should have some meditation or logic skills; or he/she might be a poor artist with great talent in writing or painting. Or, he/she might be a wealthy silly Sim who has to learn everything from scratch.

Sims I like and matter to me have their aging off for some time. Not because they are immortals, but because I feel the in-game time passes too fast.

That's all.
#80 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Sims I like and matter to me have their aging off for some time. Not because they are immortals, but because I feel the in-game time passes too fast.

That's all.

I agree with this, too. I like that it's like real life, the aging process, but it's too short.
#81 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:14 PM
I always cheat but occasionally challenge myself without using any, my legacys are the only time i ever keep to no cheats...its too hard my sims die!
Scholar
#82 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:56 PM
I use the occasion kashing, building cheats, and if I get really desperate I use maxmovtives, but only then. Other than that I have hacks for the rest of my needs for the game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#83 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 7:52 PM
Sometimes when im trying to get two sims together and it taked to long I use a cheat for that.
and when a sims motives are all very low I use maxmotives.

Oliviaaaa
5511<3
Instructor
#84 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 7:56 PM
I don't like how everyone gets 20,000 to buy a house even if they have just moved out of a house with A lot mor emoney
I've used money cheats just because I ran out of cheap houses,
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slipknot93
I don't like how everyone gets 20,000 to buy a house even if they have just moved out of a house with A lot mor emoney
I've used money cheats just because I ran out of cheap houses,

Since the game itself does not provide some banking system, I should say I use this kind of cheat myself, but only when it comes to parents/kids relation: I "withdraw" money from the parents and pass it over to the kids to start their new life in another house.

Once in a while I will "withdraw" some Simoleons from a parent to give it over to his student kid, too. [Hey! It was a hard semester, the kid needs vacations! Don't be such a Scrooge. :D]
#86 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 8:56 PM
I BARELY use maxMotives since I think it defeats the purpose of sims. I do use it when modelling and things.

I always use familyfunds and moveobjects as well as motherlode. I use boolprop when something foes wrong or if I am bored. :D
#87 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 3:28 AM
yes i cheat i do it all the time i use the motherlode cheat more times then i care to remember muahahaha.:nana: :laugh:
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 6:15 AM
I mostly just use the motherlode cheat and the Insimenator. :D

I take house requests! Just send me a PM.
Scholar
#89 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:39 AM
I used to cheat a lot by using Motherlode and Tombstone of L and D. Now I do my best and use the Tombstone only when it's really necessary for the planned game to age up certain Sims in the family and then kill them off. I did that with the Ottomas family in my reset neighbourhood and kept only the girl alive, she's the only one that turned out decently looking, aged her up to her teens. And the same with the Travellers, aged up their daughter and left her alone as a teen in Family Bin.
I noticed that playing without cheating is more fun and makes your Sims to work harder to achieve their little goals; more realistic too.

But I've been into decorating lately and use moveobjects and allow45degreenagleofrotation if I want the rooms to have a look I wish them to. Can it be considering as cheating? ;/
#90 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 4:19 PM
I use InSim mostly to make friends quickly or to maximize motives (but I usually only do that on community lots or in the morning to give my sims a boost before work). Otherwise, I try my best not to cheat. I usually fail, but at least I'm trying!
Field Researcher
#91 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:10 AM
i can't remember the last time i didn't use cheats throughout nearly the entire game. when i go to a friend's house and they don't use cheats - or at least, not as many as i do - i just can't understand how they aren't about to rip the computer off the desk and throw it out the window.

i don't think cheating is really cheating in a bad sense of the word, because you can't win or lose at sims. it's just playing how you want. i like that sims 2 is so alterable, so you can play it basically any way that you want to.
Inventor
#92 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
usually i do cheat, not tons tons tons but a good amount. once i set the family $$$ at the amount i want though, they usually have to live with that. for my legacy family, the only cheats i use besides building cheats are "move_objects on" <--- can't live without! and "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" but JUST for moods. They gain their own aspirations, skills, relationships, etc.

Plus I have my own rules for moods cheats in my legacy family. You can't use any mood cheats on pregnant people or elders. You can only raise moods three times a day plus while they are at work, but you can lower moods as often as needed.

So I do put restrictions on my cheating, although some may say that defeats the purpose...
Scholar
#93 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Melon Fresh_SC
Has cheating become part of your Sims game, or do you not cheat and play the game as intended?

My Answer (ATF 6)
Ever since The Sims (1) I have cheated, I just can't help it. I hate having to wait ages and ages getting money for my Sims to live on, and with the Sims 2, having to worry about bills. That part of life I live through so I don't like my Sims living that way. I also hate babies, I always use the inSim to grow them up, It just bores me having to look after babies day in day out, and I will face that in the future just not in my game.

When I first discovered cheats in TS1, I was such a Cheatzilla! However, it really sucked the fun out of the game for me, so I don't use cheats anymore with families that I develop and play. I do use Insimenator and the money cheats when I'm making up a family that's just going to be part of my neighborhood and not a family I play regularly.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:27 AM
I do alot. I use maxmotives and motherlode alot. I try not to use maxmotives that much, but i fail horribly at it.

"Chicken Strips!"
Scholar
#95 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:25 PM
I cannot imagine how to play a business lot and not to use maxmotives, I'd have to send my employees home after 6-7 hours and that's too little to be able to gain a decent profit for the day, and that's why my Sim and his/her employees spend at least 24 hours working before I send them all home.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:08 PM
At first when I got the game I used the motherlode cheat a LOT. But now I only use cheats when I'm building houses. Sometimes when I've just start a new family & I don't have a lot of money to pay their bills & buy furniture, I'll buy the dream catcher and sell it the next day (it goes up in appreciation by 1000 in just 1 day). I only do this when I'm really really stuck btw.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:22 PM
I never cheat.

I would probably only cheat if I needed to make an extra-special house or something.
Inept Troll
#98 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
I never cheat: it's bad and ruins the game for me. Cheaters never win at sims or beat Kuro Wallbanker in the end of the story arc.

Don't feed the trolls.
Page 4 of 4