Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 37 (Who?), Viewed: 3469 times.
Page 2 of 2
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#26 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:37 PM
Seasons is the last, best of Business is OFB plus a couple of SP's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 7:04 PM
Seasons is the last EP on that list, but not the latest version of the game engine. The most recent game engine would probably be in either Ikea, which was the last normal Stuff Pack. or Kitchen & Bath (Best of Business was released after Ikea and may have a more up-to-date game engine).

I agree with Maxon - you should go by whatever disk you put in the drive to play the game.
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
OK - I don't know much about the packs but someone should know which one is the latest and thus where the graphicrules file should go. Which disk do you have to put in the drive to play?


The latest installed disk - Which is "The Sims 2: Seasons"

Editorial Note - The is the current standing disk regardless of it being EP or SP.

Latest SP is as aforementioned from the list: "The Sims 2: IKEA Home"
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Seasons is the last EP on that list, but not the latest version of the game engine. The most recent game engine would probably be in either Ikea, which was the last normal Stuff Pack. or Kitchen & Bath (Best of Business was released after Ikea and may have a more up-to-date game engine).

I agree with Maxon - you should go by whatever disk you put in the drive to play the game.


The issue that stands here is that i am trying to fix the 'Snow On Ground' bug. I've attempted placing in the GraphicsRules.sgr file from this thread on the latest disc's (The Sims 2: Seasons) file. Nevertheless, the issue still stands.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#30 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:46 AM
Did you post your system specs? Can it handle snow?

Is snow on the ground option ticked to on under graphic settings?

I know you did the graphic rules, but is it correct?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#31 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 12:00 PM
So which disk do you use to run the game?

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#32 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:03 PM
They said Seasons post #28

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#33 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
They said Seasons post #28

Oh sorry - missed it. It's the Seasons folders then that have the relevant graphicrules file.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 8:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Did you post your system specs? Can it handle snow?

Is snow on the ground option ticked to on under graphic settings?

I know you did the graphic rules, but is it correct?


Answer to question 1: On the following posts; 16 and 24 should have all the basic information you need about the issue that stands.

Answer to question 2: No. 'Snow On Ground' option is ticked 'Off'.

Answer to question 3: I have made an attempt with replacing the Graphics Rules.sgr file with the downloadable attachment over on Post No. 14, however the attempt failed and made no difference to the game.
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 8:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Oh sorry - missed it. It's the Seasons folders then that have the relevant graphicrules file.


The file may be relevant, nevertheless something is forcing the 'Snow On Ground' option for me to seize functioning, It will not stop reverting to 'Off' by itself.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#36 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:07 AM
That sounds like your computer can't handle snow, which would be due to it not recognizing your graphics card. Without the graphic rules you won't get snow. Do you have reflections, shadows and fish showing in ponds? Take a screenshot of your graphic rules for us and we will see if we can help.

I can tell you that Radeon cards had a lot of trouble starting in February from an 'upgrade' they did. The newer adrenalin update broke many DirectX9 games. I ended having to buy a new Nvidea card. There are a few of us with issues on the sticky thread about memory and the 4GBT fix. My guess is you will need at least the graphic rules and the 4 GBt fix to play the game well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
That sounds like your computer can't handle snow, which would be due to it not recognizing your graphics card. Without the graphic rules you won't get snow. Do you have reflections, shadows and fish showing in ponds? Take a screenshot of your graphic rules for us and we will see if we can help.

I can tell you that Radeon cards had a lot of trouble starting in February from an 'upgrade' they did. The newer adrenalin update broke many DirectX9 games. I ended having to buy a new Nvidea card. There are a few of us with issues on the sticky thread about memory and the 4GBT fix. My guess is you will need at least the graphic rules and the 4 GBt fix to play the game well.


By saying "Take a screenshot of your graphic rules for us and we will see if we can help.", do you mean providing a screenshot of my Sims 2 graphics settings? or did you mean take a screenshot of the pathway where my graphicsrules.sgr file is located?
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
That sounds like your computer can't handle snow, which would be due to it not recognizing your graphics card. Without the graphic rules you won't get snow. Do you have reflections, shadows and fish showing in ponds? Take a screenshot of your graphic rules for us and we will see if we can help.

I can tell you that Radeon cards had a lot of trouble starting in February from an 'upgrade' they did. The newer adrenalin update broke many DirectX9 games. I ended having to buy a new Nvidea card. There are a few of us with issues on the sticky thread about memory and the 4GBT fix. My guess is you will need at least the graphic rules and the 4 GBt fix to play the game well.


I have provided the answer for you if it was about the the pathways, the pathways will be attached to illustrations. I have attempted to produce and provide images of the graphics settings, yet failed to do so due to not being able to find the pathway to sims 2 screenshots, and all 3rd party imaging programs failed as well.

Hopefully, it was the pathways you were interpreting to receive.
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2
Back to top