Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 7:06 PM
Thanks. After branching out into the Maxis neighborhoods after years of playing in my old custom hood, I'm now reading all kinds of scary things about npc corruption issues built right into the Maxis hoods & npcs. Since most of what I've found seems to point towards setting up a revised hood before ever starting to play I guess I might as well have fun with my existing Strangetown for as long as it lasts. Though it might be worth trying the fix to make cosmetic surgery genetic just to ensure this particular npc doesn't pass down the awful face one site says he morphs into eventually. I tried searching here for "broken face templates" but only pulled up unrelated topics. Thanks again for the feedback!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#302 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 3:48 AM
What about witches and warlocks? Some of the legacies I read have had them, and there never seemed to be a problem with them, but I want to be perfectly sure. I read somewhere that if you could 'wolf whistle' with a sim, it was OK (I have no idea where I read that, though), and my woman has that option with an atrociously evil warlock (a really cute one I'd like to get into the legacy), but since I'm not sure I decided to check the thread (which is, by the way, awesome and really handy), and I didn't see a clear answer.
Mad Poster
#303 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 4:23 AM
You can interact normally with the high witches and warlocks, so go ahead and marry them. However, you may not be able to ask them to teach you the ways of light and darkness after they become playable. They can still imbue people with power, but it has to be an action on their part, not the result of the request.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#304 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 5:07 AM
Great! I won't have to worry about my new neighbourhood because of that, then
Field Researcher
#305 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 1:29 AM
Default NPC fade in and out glitch?

I have a variety of NPC servers that show up on my lots. They do tasks like a butler but also autonomously fish, read, and use other recreational toys. They also randomly fade in and out. Sometimes they attack my Sims. I imagine I could marry them but I would rather they stop showing up. They get in the way in smaller homes.

How do I fix this glitch?

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense in this thread but it was the closest topic I could find.

I couldn't stay away from my Sims, they help my creative side come out! Taking a break from my RV life to take care of family issues, so Sims helps me to unwind. Let me know what you are up to with your Sims so I can check it out!
Site Helper
#306 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 2:53 AM
Problems with your game should be posted in the Sims 2 Help forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

When you create a new thread in that forum, you'll be given some FAQs to complete. Those FAQs are likely to solve your problem.
Lab Assistant
#307 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 6:55 PM
I have never attempted to add Grimmy to a family, partially because of potential corruption. Strays are also not a good choice, because if you move, they will be removed from the household if you do not adopt them.
Lab Assistant
#308 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melethana
I think I just figured out how to tell if an NPC is safe to add to a family or not. If they have a name that is NOT their job description, I believe they are safe sims to marry or add to a family. If anyone knows of additional NPC types, or if I'm completely mistaken, please let me know.
If you can flirt with / propose to a sim, then they are okay to add to a family, but some people insist are making their game do things it was not designed to do. But noooo, I don't know anyone like that

Bad to add to a family
Grim Reaper
Social Bunny
Social Worker
Mrs. Crumplebottom
psychiatrist
car pool / bus drivers
Witch Doctor
Pollination Technicians (expect for Polli Tech #9 Smith, living in Strangetown)
Ideal Plantsim
Rod Humble

okay to add to a family
maids
nannies
waiters / hostesses
cashiers / sales clerks
repairmen / mechanics
burglars / crooks
firemen
police
matchmakers /gypsies
iconic hobby sims (from FreeTime)
headmasters
delivery sims (groceries, pizza, chinese food)
Grand Vampires
mail carriers
paperboys (even though they are all teens, I'll have to see if you can select them to age with FreeTime)
Bigfoot
Vacationers/ Natives from Vacation spots
mascots / cheerleaders
college students
college professors
gardeners
any random townie / downtownie that is NOT a service sim

I've never had a repo man, so I'm not sure which list he goes in.

"Ideal Plantsim" should be "ideal plantsim" (the way how it's spelled ingame).
Test Subject
#309 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:52 AM
Default witches
Have to add that some cases when your sims marries a high witch while they still live in university lots can cause long term corruption with erratic jealousy behaviour...
your sim can not cheat (strange reject reaction and possible jump bug)
that behaviour gets worse after they graduate.

same behaviour for both evil and good witches...

this does not happen outside university lots, as in marriage before or after university.

you may get lucky but almost all high witches that i tested gives same result
don't know about warlocks never seen one... tested in both unmodded and with mods.
Instructor
#310 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 4:26 PM
well you aren't meant to be able to marry as YAs anyway, so it's no surprise that it can cause unexpected glitches.
Forum Resident
#311 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 7:17 PM
Good thread. One of my chars did fall for the hair stylist but there was something wrong with him once he became playable. He had no personality. He just stood around and stared into space. So I do not take in any but college students, vampires, and big foot now.
Mad Poster
#312 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
Good thread. One of my chars did fall for the hair stylist but there was something wrong with him once he became playable. He had no personality. He just stood around and stared into space. So I do not take in any but college students, vampires, and big foot now.

I guess I should add him to the list of NPCs that you should not tamper around with in the wiki page. Or is someone willing to do more research about this before I make any changes?

P.S. This is the wiki page I'm talking about: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...m_to_Households
Instructor
#313 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 8:32 PM Last edited by neriana : 14th Jul 2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: tested
I'll figure out the hair stylist thing.

ETA: You have to cheat to move a stylist in, so it's actually no wonder they act weird when moved in. I'm poking around with SimPE now to see if there's a way to make them act normally. I don't think it will break your game to move them in, but it's likely not worth the effort.
Test Subject
#314 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:55 PM
Something I've noticed about the hairstylists, is that they only have service NPC interactions available (talk, flirt, influence), even if they are not currently working. The same thing goes for hotel maids from BV.
Mad Poster
#315 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 12:05 AM
Then it's better not to risk it. The rule of thumb is that an NPC who has both an ordinary name and normal interactions available is safe.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#316 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 12:44 AM
I had a problem with the stylist too...one of my 1st gen playables in my old hood had three bolts with a beauty stylist. I think I used bool prop to get her on a date with him but the interactions never changed, he couldn't call her on the phone & for hours after a date she wouldn't leave his lot. After she did finally leave, she disappeared all together, never reappeared at the salon.
Mad Poster
#317 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 12:53 AM
Ok, so I added 'Hair Stylist' under 'Believed...not safe:' in the wiki page, as we are not yet sure of how unsafe they are and in what way.
Instructor
#318 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 1:22 AM
After spending loads of time in SimPE, I realized I have a lot of mods that might fix a stylist so he works correctly. After using Inge's cat statue to move the stylist, Barnabus, in with his best friend, Don, I used the Batbox to fix > disabled autonomy. The former stylist, Barnabus Planetnik, immediately chose to gossip with his new roommate, Don Lothario. Don also has all normal options when clicking on his new friend. I'll test other stuff with Barnabus tonight, like marriage and babies, but I think he'll work fine.
Test Subject
#319 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Ok, so I added 'Hair Stylist' under 'Believed...not safe:' in the wiki page, as we are not yet sure of how unsafe they are and in what way.

I see the wiki page is rather incomplete. What about NPCs such as butlers, streakers, reporters and DJs? They are all safe as far as I know. Also, maid is written twice.
Mad Poster
#320 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 2:54 AM
Oh, excellent Neriana! If we can find out which NPCs can be rendered usable with the correct mods or cheats, and put them on the wiki with instructions, that'll be a boon to all mankind!

Or all simmerkind, anyway.

Mad Poster
#321 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 3:11 AM
Newspaper Delivery Person Amy Jones may not be good to move in, one time I move her in to do some training and send her to collage with one of the teens who had a crush on her and after collage she "Amy Jones" was all ways stealing the news paper from every house in the hood that I played until she died of old age.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#322 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Newspaper Delivery Person Amy Jones may not be good to move in, one time I move her in to do some training and send her to collage with one of the teens who had a crush on her and after collage she "Amy Jones" was all ways stealing the news paper from every house in the hood that I played until she died of old age.

No, I think that's normal behavior, playable sims will do that often. I know they can do it if they're mad at another sim, any maybe if they have little nice points. Rich Mann does it all the time, and I haven't played Widespot yet (just attached to my main neighborhood).

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Mad Poster
#323 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 3:57 AM
No you don't understand, every one she knows she had good relation with she has no Sims in the game that she is mad at and her nice points is at 7.

Yes a mad sim will steal the paper from the one there mad at not every house hold in the hood like Amy Jones did in that one hood. This was every day in every house in the hood.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#324 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 5:28 AM
I don't know what was wrong with her in your hood, but Amy Jones, ex-paper carrier, is doing fine in mine. She certainly doesn't carry any corruption. Strange glitches can happen to anybody.

Field Researcher
#325 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
No you don't understand, every one she knows she had good relation with she has no Sims in the game that she is mad at and her nice points is at 7.

Yes a mad sim will steal the paper from the one there mad at not every house hold in the hood like Amy Jones did in that one hood. This was every day in every house in the hood.

Oh, ok. Well, I'll be aware of that. Must have been something weird in your game.

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Page 13 of 18