Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2023 at 10:48 PM
Default Request and suggestion
Hey, I have a request, and a site suggestion.

Request- would it be possible to make it so that we can see when there is a deleted post? It was mentioned by another member here also. For example, compare this thread here with its archived version here. This is a trivial example but there are cases where the context of the conversation is changed when it is not apparent that posts have been removed.

Suggestion- would it be possible to anchor the thread location at the top of the page? Some members (myself included) commonly have several threads open at once, and switching between them it is not always apparent as to which game is being discussed. For example:

I can't see whether this is a Sims 2 or Sims 3 thread until I scroll to the top of the thread:

Is it a possibility to have the sitemap bit, or maybe even a 'TS3' label, anchored? If a member has the posts per page set high, and also play all of the game iterations, then it will reduce the need to scroll up when reading from a &goto=lastpost url.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 1:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I had previously turned off showing of deleted posts because it tended to clutter things up a lot, especially on downloads. It's only really in the rare case like you've mentioned that it really matters, but since that thread is so old I wonder if it's relevant Anyway I did actually notice that even I couldn't see deleted posts anymore, so I fixed that bug

I did add some stickyness to the top of the threads, so hopefully that should be better on longer threads now,

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Thanks for the suggestion. I had previously turned off showing of deleted posts because it tended to clutter things up a lot, especially on downloads. It's only really in the rare case like you've mentioned that it really matters, but since that thread is so old I wonder if it's relevant

I know, it's the only thread I could think of off the top of my head to demonstrate with! Thank you, I can see deleted posts now.

I did add some stickyness to the top of the threads, so hopefully that should be better on longer threads now,

Hmm, I can't see any change regarding this? Could you explain further please?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 4:50 PM
I see this:

My own request: Can just the replies/view bar be unstickied, or the gap removed? It's a little distracting.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I see this:

My own request: Can just the replies/view bar be unstickied, or the gap removed? It's a little distracting.

Oh yeah I know. I fixed that this morning but forgot to regen the cache So now it should work as intended!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 5:15 PM
Oh brilliant, I see it now! Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2023 at 9:07 PM
Hey @Tashiketh

Although I am very pleased indeed with the implementation of my suggestion for the stickied sitemap bar at the top of the screen, it does seem as though I have made some people very unhappy!

My screen resolution is 1920X1080 and for me, the sticky bit is nice and unobtrusive at the top. But it seems that for some people, it is taking up too much of the page:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....129#post5906129
Someone suggested that it be optional (not sure if that's possible), I would very much like to keep it but will understand if you decide to revert, in light of this new information.
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Aug 2023 at 9:20 PM
I use the zoom function in Chrome (I'm pretty nearsighted), so it scales up everything, including the "stickiness." I'm sure the feature is taking up more space for me than it would be otherwise. It would be great if it was optional.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 2:10 PM
I also use zoom in Chrome too, but I have very large screens, so it wasn't bothering me that much. However, with that said, I've added a User Options toggle (found in Thread Viewing, defaults to No) to enable or disable the sticky headers. Note that even when enabled, it only activates on very large (1920x1080) screens.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 2:57 PM
Perhaps adding an additional Site Map >Welcome to ModTheSims >Site Questions and Issues >General/Other - Request and suggestion to the bottom (above the quick-reply) could help.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Perhaps adding an additional Site Map >Welcome to ModTheSims >Site Questions and Issues >General/Other - Request and suggestion to the bottom (above the quick-reply) could help.

@Bulbizarre You mean when the sticky is off? As I mentioned in my previous post it's now off by default, so has to be manually toggled on.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 3:34 PM
I got a notification for a mention, but the post is invisible. Hoping posting myself will uncover it.

EDIT: It did.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 8:28 PM
I've added a User Options toggle (found in Thread Viewing, defaults to No) to enable or disable the sticky headers.

Thank you very much! That is perfect.