Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:00 PM
Default Who's your favourite housebuilder?
Now, because I can't build for nothing, I download all the houses and community lots for my custom neighbourhood. I have just one favourite builder and use their lots exclusively - The faboulous Plasticbox over at ModtheSims2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=178282

The lots are mainly compact with a few large ones, always gorgeous and nicely playable and appropriately landscaped. You can choose between Urban and Suburban lots and this creator has made a neighbourhood that is fabulous!

I have so much love for this creator. So I wondered, who do you have much love for?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 9:52 PM
oh wow! when i saw this thread title, the first builder i thought of was Plasticbox! i have the coolest downtown because of his cool creations and how they fit together.

I also love trntstr4 over at the OTHER sim site. his Maple Lane series is just great among a lot of other unique lots.

for mansions and such, i like Skye at SterlingDT site along with the creators there.

i'm a hazard to myself
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 10:47 PM
Well of course plasticbox -- I love how simple and playable his lots are, and I love the mini-lots like the kiosk and the bus stop. Great for filling up those tiny little spaces between houses.
I also really like simsconnection's lots, the best ones are pay but there are some really great ones in the free area too. Erm... I like CokeBuilder's and Jonesi's lots, and Spongeeh doesn't have many uploads but I really like what she's done so far.
I'll probably be back to add to this post, there are so many builders I love. ^^
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:07 PM
Plasticbox, plasticbox, plasticbox.

Also, plasticbox, and plasticbox.

(And jhd1189 <3)

And also, of course, let us not forget... plasticbox

(Seriously though, they're the only lots I download. They're amazing. I love all the details and the realism and the fact that they remodel so pretty if I wanna go with a different style, and they're all totally playable and usually not too huge, and often have basements, which I still can't manage to build myself evar.)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:17 PM
tut! Hysterical.... you dont know how to do basements? my favourite builder is...hmm..me! All other builders dont seem to cut the mustard for me and well no offence to plasticbox but i find his lots.... boring!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:21 PM
Lots are practically all I download, so it's difficult to choose.
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:27 PM
Ive come to learn that I hate hate HATE basements. So I dont download any lots with basements. Ever. Anymore. And I dont like furnished lots either. Im very picky on how I decorate, so I tend to stick to unfurnished houses when downloading.

But to answer the question... My favorite house builder would have to be Nengi65 formerly at MTS2, now at Sims Crossing. She has remained my inspiration for years and years.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 11:48 PM
oh boolpropped... why do you hate basements? Is it cause they flood in veronaville?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 12:00 AM
I also hate basements. I hate that the camera angle doesn't go down as far as usual, but it doesn't stop me from downloading a house just because it has one. I'll just fill it in.

My favorite builder would have to be plasticbox because the houses are cheap, user-friendly, ready to play, and very editable. And, of course, boolPropped's houses. I download them as fast as possible once they're up .
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 1:04 AM
My favorite builders are Nengi65 and Boolpropped.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 1:11 AM
I love plasticbox, he uses very few eps, so it works even for me. I only have base game and ofb, but I can download almost all of his houses (nightlife items just don't show up).
I only delete the basement because I never furnish them and hate them.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 1:36 AM
Seren at MTS2... obviously Plasticbox, of course Nengi65, a random one meggichan at MTS2 as well... but mostly I like random houses that catch my fancy.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 2:19 AM
Woohoo! Go Jonesi! :P
Hehe, I love her work! Especially when i'm feeling kind of too lazy to build a house.

Plasticbox's stuff is good, but it's abit too simple for me as well.

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 3:05 AM
Before I build lots, I always downloaded Plasticbox's homes. They were a perfect size for my PC. (Which was horrible before I got a new one) They were very playable and yet 'stylish'. Now I really don't download houses, I just make them. Hehe.
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 3:17 AM
Now I'm trying to build houses but I just fail, fail, fail so I use PlasticBox or Maxis homes.
retired moderator
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annelae
Now I'm trying to build houses but I just fail, fail, fail

ahem *pokes* :yippee:

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
Ive come to learn that I hate hate HATE basements. So I dont download any lots with basements. Ever. Anymore. And I dont like furnished lots either. Im very picky on how I decorate, so I tend to stick to unfurnished houses when downloading.

But to answer the question... My favorite house builder would have to be Nengi65 formerly at MTS2, now at Sims Crossing. She has remained my inspiration for years and years.

I'm totally with you BP.....I can also say I love your homes as well!
Scholar
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 10:35 AM
Yeah, BP I saw your tutorial a while ago but I couldn't grasp it well enough because I like to build ones with platforms! I like box homes.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 1:39 PM
I must say MistyBlue...this is her website, ModernCreation1 @TS2 exchange, of course, the lovable Nengi...lol, and haksenhauser has some good, cute nice sized lots.

I like variety and lots that have a good floorplan. I don't like big and bulky lots mainly because my laptop cannot play them well and plus it lags horribly .

LaTasha

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
#20 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 11:15 AM
I also like lots from plasticbox. I don't like basements either, but his lots are realistic and nice.
Further I prefer lots from seren and Larsson1970 and other creators of the whole sims2 world.
Scholar
#21 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 11:20 AM
I like Corvidophile's latest houses best for playability (is that a word?). I like Nengi's and eedgan's houses but I always have to move things around go get things the way I like.
#22 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 3:57 PM
I love jhd1189. Sometimes, I just love furnished lots because I get sick of my own style. These lots take my game to new places, which makes it much more fun.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:29 PM
I don't have a favorite - but I am enjoying plasticboxes city houses - because they are small and playable and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Most small houses are quite broing, but he makes them very well. There are tons of good creators out there, but some of the houses, specially most of the medivel castless are very nice and pretty but 90% of them are huge buildings on huge lots. My computer would faint from exhaustion if I'd even suggest putting them in my game.
#24 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 10:05 PM
I know what you mean ani_. I think the best creators are the ones who take into account playability as well as aesthetics and uniqueness. Plasticbox is great at that, but so are many others. When I build, though mine aren't masterpieces or anything, I always measure my building skills in those three ways: how playable is this, does it need all the extra things i put in/or huge lot or could it be just as good if it were smaller? Is it interesting to look at, has it been done too many times before? I love using popular builders to find ways I can improve myself, so I only really download lots when they look like they have something very different that I can learn from.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 1:05 PM
Margerytka and the girl who made all those beautiful mediterrean estates. I just forgot who it was.
Page 1 of 4