Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#901 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:44 PM
"Will same sex pregnancy mod make it to my game?" after Frédéric and Johan get married. Both are family sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#902 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:38 AM
"really? Again? Now you have to clean the toilet. Again!"
"Why are you even pregnant again? There's no like no space in the house" (cba to build)
"You foolish Sim"
"I will end you"
"Look at me. LOOK AT ME. I'm the captain." (Sim kept 'I'm not in the mooding :eyeroll
"Hehe, oh look he messed up again!"
"Bleh! to you too"
"Burn" (http://i.imgur.com/FpBiKdw.gif)
Scholar
#903 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 10:34 AM
"No...please, don't catch fire, you are supposed to... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" (Last sim in my military base after every one died in fights (toss the die and everybody dies))
"Nope, you can't marry the heiress. She is your brother's bride! (Quickly sets ACR to friendzone)
"Of course it's quadruplets!" (Just shakes her head) "And of course the father is not your husband!" *Facepalm*
"Awww.. what a cute white wolf! I wonder how it's name is?" ... ... ... "Really? Justice?" (After too much Dragon Age)
"And of course... you died!" (While listening to Miracle Of Sound's "YOU DIED")
Mad Poster
#904 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:21 AM
Okay, you have stolen your gnome back. I see you have stolen 2 others as well????
Scholar
#905 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:17 PM
"Hey! What?!?" *sputtering* "Lullaby? Bella?" *checks ACR pregnancy scanner* "Ah, <bleep>. Couldn't you have put that in the documentation, Chris Hatch?"
(Apparently the BAS bouquet allows non-selectable playables to become pregnant if TFB autonomy is turned on, meaning that the neighbour lady your male Sim is having an affair with might get knocked up. I don't actually mind, but I was seriously startled by the lullaby!)

"You are doomed."

"That takes the cake...you took the cake!" *in sing-song voice* "Cake, cake, cake is a lie, cake, cake, cowplant cake..."
(I was singing that while taking pictures of the event, and felt silly when I realized it.)

"You...idiot! You sot! You...she's already engaged! To her girlfriend! You want to get engaged to someone else, stupid man!"
(At least in this case, the extensive documentation for the wine urn did include a warning that it could lead to inappropriate autonomous proposals -- and had for the creator during testing. Unsurprisingly, the proposal was rejected, but I wonder if this could lead to a "Waking up in Vegas" situation with close friends of compatible orientations.)
Mad Poster
#906 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:23 PM
"If you hadn't stopped to complain you'd have what you want by now."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#907 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 4:56 PM
"Oh ho ho, clever girl! You thought I wouldn't find it there, didn't you?" Child comes home, puts homework somewhere I don't see, I hear her complain that she can't get to it, I look all over and can't find it, I wait for the 7 PM auto homework to kick in, lock onto her, she leads me out to a hidden garden table I forgot was there.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Lab Assistant
#908 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:08 PM
Due to Sims' stupidity regarding free will, I just defy any and all bloopers/shenanigans and turn it off, so I don't react as much. Still, there are some times which frustrate me and lead to a reaction. Since my active family takes care of two toddlers, I find myself saying this once a toddler wakes up and decides to scream and demand to be let out of his/her crib like a spoiled brat.

And that's on the better days. The toddlers seem to have a kick out of waking up at 3 or 4 AM when everyone else is sleeping, then scream at top capacity. Then, I say these little gems...

"Shuuuuuuuuuut UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!! *promptly imagines throwing the toddler out of the 2nd floor window*"
"I wish Pescado's BBQ mod allowed me to roast toddlers too, instead of babies. Then I could kill you without the stupid Social Worker comming to save your ungrateful butt."
"Listen here, you little ****. If you scream one more time, I'm going to age you down into a baby, and roast you alive. And then EAT YOU. Got it?"

And when the adults were trying to teach the toddlers how to talk...

"You'll never ammount to anything!"
"Why did I let you age up into a toddler/concieve you at all again?" (which I say depends on my mood)
"S/He'll grow up to be a total failure, won't s/he, {parent's name}?"

So, yeah. As you can guess, I hate toddlers. Can't wait for these two ungrateful fools grow into children already. Four days is too much for me.
Mad Poster
#909 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:20 PM
"Damn you, move! Let him out of the stall! Valentine, make her move!"

Antonia Capp stood right outside the stall (one of three) Silver Beech was using at the General Store, as the outing he was on waited in the car for him. And waited, and waited...When she finally moved and Silver got into the car, he had to leave due to needs deprivation as soon as they got to the house.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#910 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
Due to Sims' stupidity regarding free will, I just defy any and all bloopers/shenanigans and turn it off, so I don't react as much. Still, there are some times which frustrate me and lead to a reaction. Since my active family takes care of two toddlers, I find myself saying this once a toddler wakes up and decides to scream and demand to be let out of his/her crib like a spoiled brat.

And that's on the better days. The toddlers seem to have a kick out of waking up at 3 or 4 AM when everyone else is sleeping, then scream at top capacity. Then, I say these little gems...

"Shuuuuuuuuuut UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!! *promptly imagines throwing the toddler out of the 2nd floor window*"
"I wish Pescado's BBQ mod allowed me to roast toddlers too, instead of babies. Then I could kill you without the stupid Social Worker comming to save your ungrateful butt."
"Listen here, you little ****. If you scream one more time, I'm going to age you down into a baby, and roast you alive. And then EAT YOU. Got it?"

And when the adults were trying to teach the toddlers how to talk...

"You'll never ammount to anything!"
"Why did I let you age up into a toddler/concieve you at all again?" (which I say depends on my mood)
"S/He'll grow up to be a total failure, won't s/he, {parent's name}?"

So, yeah. As you can guess, I hate toddlers. Can't wait for these two ungrateful fools grow into children already. Four days is too much for me.

Woah, I hope you never have children in real life ;D
Jk. I hate tots too sometimes. Like when they play in the toilet. Why.
Mad Poster
#911 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:50 PM
I think there's a connection between "free will off" players and toddler-haters. They have very different needs from adults and micromanaging them probably does get frustrating, especially during the learning curve while you're adjusting to their differing rates of motive decay and types of needs/wants.

When I'm playing toddlers I'm always saying: "Aww!" and "Oh, you sweetheart" and "yeah, you go play with the bunny, that's a good baby" and "No, don't wash that child, he's clean as a whistle" and "Oh, no, you don't - and you - and you - yeah, you put him to bed and then go do this other thing! Buy him some time to get to sleep."

There's some messed up code with the motive broadcasting, which causes that thing where sims line up to wake the toddler to put him back to bed, and also the toilet playing. There's fixes for them, but they're imperfect and you have to be alert. I hardly ever have a problem with toilet-playing, though. If the potty-trainer empties the potty immediately, and then uses the commode himself, the toddler will wander off and find something else to do, like strangling the dog or playing with a toy. Scattering toys around is the best defense, though - they get sidetracked easily and will sit playing with the toy till their needs drop again.

Pro tip if you really hate them or are overwhelmed, though - stick them in the high chair. They'll sit drumming their heels quietly till you take them out, no matter how long it takes. I don't like this because they're not interacting with their families and toys, essentially wasting their time - but I like toddlers, so a feature I avoid may be just what a toddler-hater needs.

Another thing - influence visitors to play with them. That'll keep visitor and toddler happy for hours, and the kid grows up with a friend already! Or you can influence the visitor to fix the exploding sink while the active sim teaches the toddler to walk.

Top Secret Researcher
#912 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:51 PM
"Riona, you are the one thing keeping me from squishing this family into a one room hovel and throwing dear little Holly out on the streets." The maid is a whiny moron, the parents refuse to do what I tell them and repeatedly stomp out long cues, but the toddler is SO adorable and happy.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#913 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:58 PM
once a toddler wakes up and decides to scream and demand to be let out of his/her crib like a spoiled brat.

Just get yourself a sleep mat or a toddler bed and let the toddler get themselves up quietly and let them go play with a toy. I keep saying this over and over again, do people have some dislike for mats and beds?
Right here
Toddler Beds
http://modthesims.info/d/463671
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543460
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=464848
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=464847
Toddler Mats
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=329172
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815 post 3# toddler blanket

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#914 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM
Are toddler mats a thing in real life?
Doesn't it cause some unexpected problems later on in life when a person is used to waking up and falling asleep anywhere and anytime?
I mean, children are practically forced to get used to the 8-hour sleep, because what else can they do in the crib but sleep?
Field Researcher
#915 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM
Too much cussing.
Lab Assistant
#916 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just get yourself a sleep mat or a toddler bed and let the toddler get themselves up quietly and let them go play with a toy. I keep saying this over and over again, do people have some dislike for mats and beds?
Right here
Toddler Beds
http://modthesims.info/d/463671
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543460
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=464848
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=464847
Toddler Mats
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=329172
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815 post 3# toddler blanket

True, true... I'm just too lazy to get them, I guess. I recall you saying something about pet beds working too, is that right?
Field Researcher
#917 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:14 AM
True, true... I'm just too lazy to get them, I guess. I recall you saying something about pet beds working too, is that right?

Toddlers sometimes sleep in pet beds. Cute, but wouldn't really rely on it. I don't think you can direct them to sleep in them, either.
Mad Poster
#918 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:37 AM
"Another girl? Really? REALLY?!"
I decided the Ramaswarmi family would keep having children until they have a boy, thinking they'll have like 3 kids at the most. Nope, 5 daughters. FIVE. They live in a small apartment and can't afford to live elsewhere. Plus she's pregnant again. If this ones not a boy I'm just going to give up. Their eldest daughter is now married to Fracis J. Worthington III who also wants a boy, if she doesn't give birth to a boy I'm going to go all Henry VIII on her and have him divorce her... Or kill her... But I'm not that mean...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#919 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:44 AM
Yes you can use and direct toddlers to use pet beds, but without a mod they give very little energy. meaning before the toddlers sleep bar is full they will be needed to be up to potty and eat.

Sleep mats are a real thing, it's what they use in pre-schools at nap time. Many toddlers have a toddler bed that they can get in and out of from about 18-24 months because they learn how to climb out of a crib and that is more dangerous in the middle of the night then a toddler bed. Some in RL will use a potty next to the bed. Not all as rl toddlers are so very different from one another. My kids probably would have played in a potty at that age lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#920 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:10 AM
My RL nephew (still a toddler) has a little bed he can get into and out of, and he has a little potty that gets carried upstairs at night and brought downstairs again during the day. It even has a little bear on the front, just like the Sims potty!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#921 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Pro tip if you really hate them or are overwhelmed, though - stick them in the high chair. They'll sit drumming their heels quietly till you take them out, no matter how long it takes.

Really? Mine scream from the moment they're put in there and bang on the tray.
Mad Poster
#922 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:24 PM
Well, sure, till you feed them! Once they're fed they're good as gold; eerily quiet in fact and it bugs me so I take them out as soon as they're done so they can rugrat around again.

Theorist
#923 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:16 PM
- How come you're already pregnant?
Megan had a one day old baby girl and was about having a miscarriage. I cancel the miscarriage icon, got a message telling me that it was a close call.
l wanted her household to have a second child but not so soon. Well, I'll deal with it.

- First kiss is fine but you don't want to slow dance (I don't know how to translate this in English. Is it fine?)
Reginald (Romance) gave Lionel (Popularity) his first kiss but refuse to dance with him!
Scholar
#924 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:51 PM
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF........"

This was all that i could say when my new sims decided to die because reasons.
(Kidding, they cooked a meal and a fire started)
Lab Assistant
#925 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Dagwon : 13th Jul 2015 at 10:19 PM.
STOP losing stars! If you hadn't decided to stay and cook hamburgers, after I closed the store, there wouldn't BE a fire!
(Edit to clarify: To a customer who loitered about after business hours before setting the grill on fire and then lost several stars while waiting for it to be put out)
Page 37 of 168