Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:57 AM Last edited by bowcatbrenda : 6th May 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Default so, does anybody wanna talk about telltale's the walking dead?
exchange theories or ships? mourn lost characters? gush over what's to come? anybody?

maybe talk a bit about Christa and/or Omid? Glenn even?

*sigh* i don't know how to start a conversation so i'm just gonna gush. i am a big fam of the walking dead comics and so far what telltale has done for the walking dead is the only acceptable form of popularising the series imo. i do not like the show (maybe i'm a purist? i'm not sure) but the way that the characters are fleshed out (no pun intended) in the game and the connections that one forms with them means a lot to me. not to mention the way that the animation (?/ artstyle?/ design?) of the characters looks like a comic, it's really appreciated. though, now that i think about it telltale used the same style for the wolf among us...doesn't make it any less fantastic...imo...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th May 2014 at 4:04 PM
The ending of the season 1 completely destroyed me. I haven't played the second season yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2014 at 12:54 PM
i'm not sure if i'd suggest playing it or watching a walkthrough. i got a console to play it but i know whats coming and i'm not sure if i'm emotionally ready i watched walkthroughs of season two and i'm not sure what to say. it hurts dude. like, i can't even get into it, in the first five minutes they took your heart and ran a rusty screwdriver through it
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:11 AM
DO I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD GAME, YES I DO.

Seriously, this is one of my absolute favorite game series. I don't like the comics or the show, but I adore the games. Clementine is one of my all-time favorite video game characters. I am in love with the way she's written and the way she grows as a character throughout the first season. I've been playing S2 as it comes out, and it is magnificent. It really continues Clementine's arc from the first season, what with the maturation and the loss of innocence and everything, but it really puts her growth in the hands of the user.

In S1, Lee always seemed like the same guy to me, no matter what dialogue options you picked or decisions you made. I feel like in S2, Clementine's characterization is much subtler, much more dependent on how you play the game. Because she's so young, it seems like the player's shaping the person she's become. In my game, Clementine is temperamental, moral, and holds a mean grudge. But a friend has been playing her as a more fearful, idealistic character. For her, Clementine is really shaken by her losses, and motivated by her fear of losing people. For me, Clementine is much more bitter, motivated more by anger at the world for not living up to her expectations. They're both viable readings of her character, and I love that the game supports divergent play styles and attitudes.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
DO I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE WALKING DEAD GAME, YES I DO.

Seriously, this is one of my absolute favorite game series. I don't like the comics or the show, but I adore the games. Clementine is one of my all-time favorite video game characters. I am in love with the way she's written and the way she grows as a character throughout the first season. I've been playing S2 as it comes out, and it is magnificent. It really continues Clementine's arc from the first season, what with the maturation and the loss of innocence and everything, but it really puts her growth in the hands of the user.

In S1, Lee always seemed like the same guy to me, no matter what dialogue options you picked or decisions you made. I feel like in S2, Clementine's characterization is much subtler, much more dependent on how you play the game. Because she's so young, it seems like the player's shaping the person she's become. In my game, Clementine is temperamental, moral, and holds a mean grudge. But a friend has been playing her as a more fearful, idealistic character. For her, Clementine is really shaken by her losses, and motivated by her fear of losing people. For me, Clementine is much more bitter, motivated more by anger at the world for not living up to her expectations. They're both viable readings of her character, and I love that the game supports divergent play styles and attitudes.

really? i thought lee was a really malleable character. obviously not a malleable as Clem is now, but pretty malleable. and omg i want to ask about spoilers but i'm really scared to spoil it

so what's the difference in Clementine's two characters? i've heard very little but how do her general responses differ when you can't control what she says?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:54 PM
In season 2 my Clementine is cold. After so many losses she doesn't trust anyone but Kenny. That's mainly because I'm still not over the end of season 1.