Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:53 PM
Default Hiding the fugly - What are your favourite defaults?
NOT A WCIF THREAD!

Recently, I have been going mad on the defaults database to replace some extremely disgusting clothes.
I have noticed I keep heading to lemonlion's dreamwidth a lot for defaults, and I am so sad that only one of such clothing can be defaulted at a time, I just want them all! <3

I did recently fall in love with the grey newspaper delivery outfit on here, (forgotten the creator! Sorry!) but that is to be replaced soon for the winter seasons in my legacy 'hoods

Ok now enough rambling, now for the real question;
What defaults in your game do you favour the most?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
Skin and eyes.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:22 PM
I only ever replace hair and eyes.
Though lately I've been considering replacing the children pyjamas from the base game, I mean, they're kinda cute.. but I'm getting sick of them.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
I usually replace hair, skin and eyes, and usually switch defaults every so often to add variation and pick the one I like the best. So the one I use tends to not be consistent all of the time, as my styles changed.
I certainly have started to default clothing, and I've realized I really prefer that. Most of my issues happen to stem from the fact that the Maxis shirts for both the men and the women are far too short, and if they are worn with any custom bottoms, there's a ton of bootie. Lots of bootie. Farm fresh. And even if it's not untucked bottoms, bootie has a way. It is resilient. It is strong. It is bootie.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:18 PM
I got alien eyes and replaced skin still with maxis colors but a bit better. Some hairs.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:07 AM Last edited by Mechanon : 13th Sep 2014 at 9:55 AM.
I've got face templates, eyes, skins, some hair, and some clothes. The clothing I make the biggest effort to replace are the stupid animal hats and costumes. I'd much rather have any of these defaults than toddlers in badger suits or these instead of gorilla suits.

I find that maxis match default replacement hairs are harder to find. These are all much more likely to be used in my game than the gorilla head but they're all shiny.

My current defaults are:
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:49 AM
The only default replacements I use are Maxis Match skins, as women without nipples just look weird.

Most of the time when I'm playing, I can't even see the colour of their eyes, so I see no point at all in replacing those. (I do play with low-resolution graphics.)

I've never seen an item of Maxis clothing that I dislike so much that I want to completely remove it from my game. If a Sim generates in something I really dislike I can always change it. (But maybe the Sim likes it even if I don't?) I have townified a lot of my CC clothing to increase the chances of Sims getting stuff that I do like.

I have to admit though to liking some things that other people want to replace. So perhaps, when Veronaville Fashion Week comes along, there'll be male models strutting down the catwalks in bubble vests and shiny boxers!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 12:33 PM
Since I have a medieval default I couldn't possibly list all my defaults. Pretty much everything is defaulted. I am on the look out for a food judge default outfit though, that I haven't found and it's annoying to see.
In my modern game I have default, skin, eyes, eyebrows, baby bottle and quite a few hairs and outfits.
I have a very nice grey and maroon paper delivery default from GOS. http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...25852#msg425852
Baby Bottle https://www.modthesims.info/d/221687 modern game. I use a bone one from plumb Bob Keep.
Most of my every day medieval defaults are by Sunni or Almightyhat. Everything is defaulted down to the bills.

I have a very hard time finding default skins as I am very picky. The main issue is sk1 is nearly always too pale and sk 2 is the perfect sk1! I like Cartoon Coverings, but I still find the sk 1 a bit too pale. I was just noticing the default in my medieval hood (different to my main hood and I can't remember what it is called) has strange pale lines on the sk 4 hands. I may just switch it out from my main game except I like the lips better. I put in Lilith's Feathers townified so if I like those I might switch to the defaulted set.

I know my default eyes in my main game are 'Looking For group'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:29 PM
I only favor my face templates, skin and eye defaults. Though I have non-default versions of those things as well.

Not one for defaulting clothing, as there is always someone in my game who can wear the clothing that came with the various EP's and SP's. And I rather like the majority of the game clothing anyhow.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:08 PM
I only replace the eyes these days, right now I'm using fanseelamb's Extremely Maxis-Match Default Replacement Eyes, found here . I also replace the Maxis lipsticks and use a set found at Garden of Shadows. I used to have Maxis-Match skintones as replacements as well but only recently I've realized just how pretty the original skins are and only use Maxis-Match skintones as non-defaults.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have a very hard time finding default skins as I am very picky. The main issue is sk1 is nearly always too pale and sk 2 is the perfect sk1! I like Cartoon Coverings, but I still find the sk 1 a bit too pale. I was just noticing the default in my medieval hood (different to my main hood and I can't remember what it is called) has strange pale lines on the sk 4 hands. I may just switch it out from my main game except I like the lips better. I put in Lilith's Feathers townified so if I like those I might switch to the defaulted set.

I've got the towniefied Cartoon Coverings as well as the defaults and wish Bergatory had taken Sunkissed as S1 rather than Light Rose, Olive Skin or Sunheat as S2 rather than Beach and Dreamland as S4 which is still really too pale for my tastes. I like the lack of white shine on the darker skins and how the faces look cartoony without being flat.

At some point I'll trip over a set of defaults I prefer and get a new set but the towniefied skins will stick around.
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 5:12 PM
I have alot!
besides the basic skin,eye, and face template replacements

I have hair and clothes from the database, but I LOVE Antka's defaults for both she is my favorite.
http://antkasdefaults.tumblr.com/ta...ale+hair/page/2

Now im no longer repulsed by my townies! I allow my sims to marry them and stuff now that they are more appealing and well dressed.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I only ever replace hair and eyes.
Though lately I've been considering replacing the children pajamas from the base game, I mean, they're kinda cute.. but I'm getting sick of them.

..Since replacing the children pajamas, I have downloaded 23 other items. Mainly underwear and pyjamas.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM
My favorite defaults are from spookymuffin - Default Replacement Face Templates: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=7997.0

They just make my Sims look "right" to me. *shrug*

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Scholar
#15 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM
I replace a lot of stuff - Face templates, skin, eyebrows, eyes and the makeup. I don't replace hair or clothing, except the really nasty stuff.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#16 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:18 PM
I really like the default clothes, you get better ones with other expansions, once you have all the expansions you have quite a big selection of clothes, there is really pretty dresses .
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanon
I've got the towniefied Cartoon Coverings as well as the defaults and wish Bergatory had taken Sunkissed as S1 rather than Light Rose, Olive Skin or Sunheat as S2 rather than Beach and Dreamland as S4 which is still really too pale for my tastes. I like the lack of white shine on the darker skins and how the faces look cartoony without being flat.

At some point I'll trip over a set of defaults I prefer and get a new set but the towniefied skins will stick around.

Yes, I was looking at it thinking Sunkissed would be a perfect sk 1. Not sure why most defaults start out with sk1 so pale. I have townified skins from fairer to darker so if I want a very fair skinned red haired skim I can put that on myself seperatly. I'm pretty fair with a European background, but not that fair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM
I tend to replace everything, but it's a major chore because it takes a while for me to find, download, sort the files, extract them, etc...
I used to only replace skin and eyes, but I've always thought that 90% of the default clothes and hair were terrible so I'm replacing these now.
I wish there was some kind of default pack where you could get a bunch of defaults all in one file, it'd be easier for me, honestly.