Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#51 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:28 AM
The whole list Vixxen made .. that's my idea of gameplay
I do all of that stuff!

But I rarely have fortune sims, and I hardly visit Bluewater Village to buy furniture.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I noticed the heading was interpreted as implying an absolute rule in gameplay, because it used the habitual present tense. Then, I noticed that the conversation gradually evolved into present perfect tense, somewhat changing the meaning.

In my own language, when I say "always" or "never", I actually don't mean that absolutely, as if that would never happen in my game. Usually, I really mean "based on my experience" or "what I have done so far", but I can definitely see how someone else can interpret my words slightly differently. This thread has made me aware of it, thanks.

Yeah, I kind of meant things that you have done before but don't do anymore (basically things that aren't your playing style) but the thread evolved otherwise. But it's still an interesting discussion, one way or another
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
I've never played Bon Voyage (I don't have it) so have obviously never done the vacation things. I've never made a werewolf although several sims want to become one. I've never achieved the "impossible" LTWs such as breeding puppies/kittens or having 10 top businesses (I find one business hard work let alone 10). I've never had a sim die from illness, flies, satellite or electrocution. I'm sure there are more things I've never done but I can't think of them at the moment.
Scholar
#54 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen
Yeah, I kind of meant things that you have done before but don't do anymore (basically things that aren't your playing style) but the thread evolved otherwise. But it's still an interesting discussion, one way or another

If it's stuff I USED to do but don't anymore...

* Join Secret Society/Sorority/Fraternity (What's the POINT? It doesn't change anything)
* Overall don't play University a whole lot (Sooooo boooring...! I was finally out of school, why would I want to replay thoes boring ass hours?)
* Money Cheats (except maybe for something I want immediately and they're missing only 400§ or I am on vacation and the hotel bill is getting higher than I expected)
* Have a lot of pets (They're cute, but don't add much)

C-A
Theorist
#55 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 12:48 PM
I don't:
- Play with free will OFF
- Turn aging OFF
- Use money or motive cheats (my Sims have to tough it out)
- Use aspiration rewards/points
- Allow every family/Sim to have children
- Play lifetime wants (I use a combination of their personality and interests to determine what careers and sense of style they will have)
- Mod in anything having to do with teen pregnancy
- Mod in anything having to do with domestic/unseemly abuse
- Achieve all skill points (Sims on focus on the skill points they roll a want for, or ones that I think are befitting of them)
- Max out careers

Sure there are loads more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#56 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:00 PM
I also stopped playing with Aging On. Mostly cause the lifestages feel too short or too long, so I just keep aging off and when I feel like the sim is read for the next stage, I set to birthday and age them up. Then again, I barely let my adults age to Elders. I just don't do it. I like having my gay couple and their alien child manage the restaurant with her in her teens and them still as adults.

C-A
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Oct 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen

Oh, dear. That would elicit an even longer list from me! But a sample:

I make every effort to keep away from Mrs. C. She's banned from lots, I don't have Downtowns anymore, and I keep a close eye out for any trace of her, just in case. I have ACR and ACR-related mods in my game, and once she accosted my cute user-made male Sims, and ... oh the horror! I still cannot un-see it in my mind! (And no, this shouldn't have caused my Happy Holidays mess. I've long resintalled, and did a fresh one when I got Win 7..) That little game-breaking horndog is not going anywhere near my Sims!

I don't play with the Tricous and resurrect them anymore. (They are still around, even if you don't have a Downtown). Yes, those are the safe ones to resurrect, but it was kind of a "meh" moment for me when I did.

Use Inteen. I've tried using variations of it (which did not work), but every time I consider using the real deal, I see this long list of disclaimers and mods that are not compatible with it, and change my mind.Thanks to ACR, I have enough preggo Sims in my hoods.

Unless I have to because they're glitched, I don't kill Sims and keep 'em killed. I hate killing them, even though that means I probably have 150-year olds running around in my game.

I don't use the Christianlov phone indiscriminately anymore, which means no auto-call. I found out you can call NPCs you really shouldn't be messing with. I make utterly sure that anyone I call is a playable.

Keep Servos in their original state.That one-eyed camera bothers me, for some reason, though I do have a doll-based default replacement if I change my mind and want them to appear much less human in appearance. However, usually, I make them look human.

I do not plan to ever play Santa anymore once I reinstall. He keeps giving my Sims that !@#$ing remote-control car! (The radio is fine, but not that stupid car!) If I have all the clothes, beards and hats, great. That's what I want from this expansion. Maybe I'll play Father Time/Baby New Year once in a very, very long while, but no Santa. I'm now very nervous about playing ANY of those three!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Helptato
#58 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:22 AM
I've never sent Sims on holiday.
I've never had a level 10 business
I've never played a family with pets long enough for them to pass away from old age
I've never done a big long Sim storyline- I don't have the patience to set stuff up. I do enjoy the legacy challenge though! (actually completed one too!)

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Inventor
#59 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:50 AM
I never let any sims I care about die. My original legacy couple is about 234 in biological years but they keep whipping out the "Elixir of Life" when it's getting close to the elderly mark.

I used to send sims on vacation but it was really too boring, so don't do that anymore.

I never play werewolf or vampire sims or anything particularly supernatural. Oh actually I did do a witch for a laugh once.

I never let Mrs Fartypants/Crumplebottom or any of those annoying NPC's anywhere near my community lots (thanks to mods).

I never do graduation parties (I used to, but again... too tedious, and they look stupid in those robes and hat)

Probably other things I never do but I can't remember, I guess because I don't do them.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:54 AM
I've never played Supernaturals (I like my game somewhat realistic) and I've never played a legacy. There's a lot more I haven't done.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:09 AM
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:53 AM
I never cheat. I want my sims to deal with whatever happens in their life, not beat the system (this excludes mods, haha).

I've never played supernaturals. I really want to though! I only have aliens and vampires available in my game, but from what I've heard I'm very eager to play as a werewolf.

I've never excelled in my sims work over Level 3. I was so nooby, I didn't know friends and skills were required to level up. Especially friends.

I never neglect my sim's studies in Uni. They always fill the bar thingy (performance meter?) and get on the Dean's List. I tried so hard to create a party-loving slacker, but I failed.

I've never gotten past the second generation. I love the genetic variety that begins to show in toddlers, but my sims usually have a baby age to a toddler and then give birth to another one. And babies and toddlers do not mix.

I've never gotten to Level 10 in a skill. Even though I love skill building in the Sims 2 because it's so fast and useful, it hasn't happened.

I've never had a sim go to the toilet and not wash their hands.

I've never liked the sound of my male sims peeing. It's not supposed to get to me, it's a normal thing. But I never thought they'd include sounds when my sims go potty.

I've never understood why the toilet splashes by itself. Like, what?

I've never completed a sim's lifetime want. Ever. I wish I could, but it just doesn't fit with my sims sometimes.

I've never understood how people can complete multiple lifetime wants and max up skills and complete multiple jobs and handle 10 babies. You go glen coco.

I've never played in a neighbourhood that wasn't Maxis-made. I would love to find some nice ones, though!

I've never made my own townies. Another thing on my list of things to do in the Sims 2.

I've never had more than 2 children. I wish I could handle 10 babies, but no.

I've never married a townie. I've married a Uni student, but that was it.

I've never had multiple births.

There are lots of other little/big things I've never done. I guess this just shows us the amount of things to do in Sims 2 that we haven't done yet.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:18 AM
Never played any supernaturals. I do not care for them.
Instructor
#64 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 11:43 AM
Just thought of another one - I've never used any of the "influence to..." interactions.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:49 PM
I reckon there are 3 kinds of things I never do in the Sims:

1) Things I'd never ever do because I wouldn't be being true to myself if I did. Torturing Sims is one example. Getting a cowplant is probably another.

2) Things I haven't done yet. I reckon that includes things I'd quite like to do (like have a child age up to a teen) and things I'm in absolutely no hurry to do. For example I've never seen the Grim Reaper.

3) Things I have done, and NEVER AGAIN! Like the teen Go Out/Sneak Out thing. It bored me and upset my teens, so I really don't see the point. Much better to go out together to a community lot.
And I'll never have the Fire Brigade back at my Sims' houses if I can help it. I had more than enough of kitchen fires in my first few months playing.

Cheating? I have some Romance and Pleasure Sims in open relationships, who just don't recognise the concept of cheating. Like the gay teens who say, "My partner and I share everything including the boys we bring home." (That's emphatically not Andrew and Julian -- they're in a strictly monogamous relationship and secretly think they're superior to the promiscuous crowd. And Andrew refuses to go past making out till they're adults.) And in Pleasantview I let Don, Daniel and Nina cheat, because I reckon they're like that. But generally, when there are children involved I expect fidelity. I expect that few if any children in my game will ever be conceived outside marriage. And yet, quite contrarily, I happily create single parents in CAS. I suppose that way it's something that happened in the distant past, and I don't have to play through a messy divorce or a painful death and bereavement. And Gloria Jones is living proof that a single parent can be a good parent. The closeness of her relationship with her teenage son Andrew has been one of the highlights of my game from the very beginning.
Page 3 of 3