Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:30 PM
Default How can I start a fire?
I'm trying to make my sim "kill" somebody by having him starting a fire at their house, but I can't get a fire to start! What is the easiest way to get a fire to start?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
I think building a fireplace and putting a object right besides it is a good way.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
I would say putting something in the oven and then walking away, but I haven't tried that in this game, that's how fires started in the ts2.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
Can it not burn if you're at someone else's house? Because it's not working :/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:40 PM
I'v had successfull fires with the fireplace. But it's not 100% accurate that it will start when you want it.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami

If you've gone down the 'cooking a meal and walking away from it' route, check that the someone else's house doesn't use the most expensive stove: it's fire-resistant. Didn't notice that at first, until I tried this exact same thing.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
What happened to me was I was trying to kill Betty Simovitche's(A.k.a betty newbie) parents in a fire but whenever the fire got close to them they would just step away from it and start panicking again. I even had her dad behing a desk that was surrounded by fire and he just kind of went "Man, this fire is geting pretty hot. It looks cooler over there" and walked through the flames to get to the other side of the room. I was just like WTH!! Just DIE ALREADY!!!!

You could always just get the hidden traits unlocked hack on this site(sorry I forgot who made it) and then just make them a pyromaniac. Then they'll be able to just light random things around them on fire. Oh, and sorry for the rant earlier :P
Theorist
#8 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
You could always just get the hidden traits unlocked hack on this site(sorry I forgot who made it) and then just make them a pyromaniac. Then they'll be able to just light random things around them on fire. Oh, and sorry for the rant earlier :P

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343046

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:52 PM
Pyro fires are non-destructive. They burn themselves out without hurting anything, useless.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Alchemist
#10 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
If you've gone down the 'cooking a meal and walking away from it' route, check that the someone else's house doesn't use the most expensive stove: it's fire-resistant. Didn't notice that at first, until I tried this exact same thing.

OMG thankyou!!!... i couldn't figure out why it wouldn't catch fire.

Anyway the oven was the easiest way in ts2 but i found the fireplace easier in ts3 but thats just me.... although that might have been because i had the most expensive oven, which apparently is fire-resistant... haha thank you stariscool

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:58 AM
You probably started a fire by now, but I wanted to share this..... I purchased the Birthday Cake (I thought it was strange being in outdoor objects) put it on dining table inside the house, blew out candles and Blammmmmm a fire started, the smoke alarm didnt even go off? LOL
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:10 AM
Place rugs underneath a fireplace and wait for the inevitable fire. I killed off an entire family of Sims and the fire kept burning after the sims were all dead, preventing me from demolishing the little Sim death camp I built in Build/Buy so I could build a new house while preserving the Beautiful Vista. Yes, I built Simschwitz on a nice coastal lot. I am a bastard.
Scholar
#13 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuP1vM1JDaQ

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:03 AM
Awesomemod unlocks the debug ctrl + shift click on ground in such a way you can go through that menu and click an option to start a fire all by itself. Its quite fun to build fires everywhere in the game with the hand of god.

Edit: Its also a great for burglars and lawn gnomes probably.

I am, "The Man". I will get you down... Don't stick it to me... "Drink milk and be non-puntable"
Thank you Mimewhite for making the Seph trench coat.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VoiceIHear
OMG thankyou!!!... i couldn't figure out why it wouldn't catch fire.

Anyway the oven was the easiest way in ts2 but i found the fireplace easier in ts3 but thats just me.... although that might have been because i had the most expensive oven, which apparently is fire-resistant... haha thank you stariscool

Glad I could help
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:08 PM
I so wish they/someone would bring back the old ground fireworks item from TS1. That thing was the best item for causing fire induced mayhem in my opinion. Or at least the most memorable for starting Sim fires back in those days.

Maybe in an expansion? They brought back the VR headset in this base game so maybe with something with an outdoor theme they'll reintroduce the fireworks display too.
Alchemist
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryu Doppler
I so wish they/someone would bring back the old ground fireworks item from TS1. That thing was the best item for causing fire induced mayhem in my opinion. Or at least the most memorable for starting Sim fires back in those days.

Maybe in an expansion? They brought back the VR headset in this base game so maybe with something with an outdoor theme they'll reintroduce the fireworks display too.

I hope so.. that would be awesome :D

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:28 AM
Fire Starting
Quote: Originally posted by Nyami

I had to do a similar thing Go into edit town mode edit their house to have loads of stoves and surfaces in it prepare meals DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE OVEN cancel the interaction until all the meals are prepared (this is if u want to make a big fire) once all the meals are prepared click 'continue cooking' on each one of them leave them on the stove and just wait until the fire starts i used this method 4 my youtube vid see what it looks like here if u want Make sure there are no fire alarms as well when ur editing the town because then the firefighters will come unless u want that happy simming!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:45 AM
Uh this thread is pretty Goddamn old now, I think they've probs figured shit out by now.
Alchemist
#20 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerGirl123
I had to do a similar thing Go into edit town mode edit their house to have loads of stoves and surfaces in it prepare meals DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE OVEN cancel the interaction until all the meals are prepared (this is if u want to make a big fire) once all the meals are prepared click 'continue cooking' on each one of them leave them on the stove and just wait until the fire starts i used this method 4 my youtube vid see what it looks like here if u want Make sure there are no fire alarms as well when ur editing the town because then the firefighters will come unless u want that happy simming!

Don't necro a dead thread...

Just call me Nikel