Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 2:46 AM
Default Making traps work...
Can anyone tell me how to make a trap - specifically a steam trap - blow steam constantly? There are numbers under "Set Trap Fire Rate" - 0,1 1,7 1,6 1,5 etc up to 5,8 What are those numbers? What do they mean?

I want to set a steam trap to fire continuously - to continually be blowing steam with no triggers or activation by sims... just to sit in the corner and continuoulsy blow steam. They have them in one of the tombs like that... anyone know how to do that?? Please?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:01 AM
Try 1 or 0
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 10:52 AM
controls shift click on the trap, and select state, you want to choose visible and active. The numbers just set how often it fires once it has been tripped. By defalt it will fire continuously. So all you have to do is set the state.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 1:38 PM
Thank you for your replies!! Much appreciated!
Just for my own "stupid self"... what exactly do the numbers mean... as in... what does 0,1 do? Or 3,3... just so I know for future reference... thanks!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:18 PM
I think it means 1 fire per second. Since the 0,1 is the continuous one. So maybe the 5,8 is 5 "shots" per 8 seconds. I might prove myself right or wrong when i test it