Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 3:19 AM
WCIF Insivible Fairy wings
I'm making a few superheroes and I want to give them "powers" but Fairy wings don't look good on Superman

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 2:16 PM
I heard that there was a borked non-mosaic mod fluttering around (pun intended) that was making faery wings invisible (along with some other stuff). I can't remember which one it was, though--there are several.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 2:44 PM
Well, I don't want ALL faeries to to have invisible wings, just an extra one that did it.

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 12:25 AM
I really want an invisible wing option too, because I want to be able to make elves, who are basilcally faeries without wings, and should be able to fly and stuff withoug wings.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 6:01 PM
Has anyone found any transperent or invisible wings for fairies?
I've been looking for it too!

Há pessoas que lutam uma vez e são boas.
Há pessoas que lutam muitas vezes e são grandes.
Há pessoas que lutam muitos anos e são heróis.
Mas há pessoas que lutam a vida toda... e essas... Ah, essas são imprescindíveis.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:12 PM
The best thing I do is use the tiny Bublebee wings and pretend I can't see them.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 7:49 AM
The "No Effects" modding tool here on MTS by velocitygrass (I think I got the name right) is what I used to make a "No Fairy Wings" mod...as I am new to that sort of modding, I don't feel comfortable posting it. But it removes ALL fairy wings. Basically all I did was set a filter in the program for "fairywing" and unchecked everything with that line except for the few listings at the top that deal with the fairy damsel fish. Then saved/exported according to the program. I never see wings, so I'm assuming I did it right. However, like I said, I don't want to be responsible for borking your game. Perhaps a more experienced modder-modder (I deal mostly with CAS, etc.) can enlighten me on how to properly test/package the mod. Until then and if it happens, try to DIY it and if you need more assisstance, let me know. Just be careful! I don't want to hear "LeechJar broke my game!" EVER.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 4:28 PM
That sounds like a good idea! Only thing is that ALL faery wings would be invisible. That's kinda extreme for me.

EA--I hate you for not giving us some sort of Hide Wings option in CAS!
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:44 PM
I imagine that with tweaking one could hide only one set of wings, like dragonfly style wings...I am unsure though. It would require research. I may look it up, as I am curious now myself. Further updates as events warrant.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 3:56 AM
If you could figure out a way to make, say, JUST the Bumblebee wings invisible that would be darn near perfect. My fingers toes and eyes crossed for your success! Maybe Buhudain has insight (dragonfly wing modding and all).
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 4:26 AM
I'll take a look myself if I can hide one set of wings only with this mod. If I succeed, I could hide that tiny one! It's the ugliest '-'

Há pessoas que lutam uma vez e são boas.
Há pessoas que lutam muitas vezes e são grandes.
Há pessoas que lutam muitos anos e são heróis.
Mas há pessoas que lutam a vida toda... e essas... Ah, essas são imprescindíveis.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 2:04 PM
It is, I agree!
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeechJar
The "No Effects" modding tool here on MTS by velocitygrass (I think I got the name right) is what I used to make a "No Fairy Wings" mod...as I am new to that sort of modding, I don't feel comfortable posting it. But it removes ALL fairy wings. Basically all I did was set a filter in the program for "fairywing" and unchecked everything with that line except for the few listings at the top that deal with the fairy damsel fish. Then saved/exported according to the program. I never see wings, so I'm assuming I did it right. However, like I said, I don't want to be responsible for borking your game. Perhaps a more experienced modder-modder (I deal mostly with CAS, etc.) can enlighten me on how to properly test/package the mod. Until then and if it happens, try to DIY it and if you need more assisstance, let me know. Just be careful! I don't want to hear "LeechJar broke my game!" EVER.
i am willing to risk the borking plz post it or tell me how you did it im kind of herping with this no effects modder thing.
Inventor
#14 Old 2nd May 2013 at 8:04 PM
You don't Need the species 'fairy' ....
I find here on MTS a 'Locomotion Changer' try 'fairy fastrun' and your sim flys vs. Superman
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=385612
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 5:17 PM
Ok, looking for the same subject (invisible fairy wings) I sorta noticed this thread has died down.
Locomotion changer only changes the way sims walk around, it does not give a human sim the abilties of aura's etc. So sorry Nepomukl, it just is not my option.

I'd just like the same thing as the originail poster wanted in the first place, one default replacement of one of the kinds of fairy wings.

I've read a lot about it around sims 3 forms and stuff, so you'd think they'd be out there somewhere. But it is hard to actually find them. The only way to make fairy wings dissappear is to make all wings dissappear, which is not a great option if you ask me.

I agree with people on this thread that if one type of fairy wings is gonna have to get replaced, it will have to be bumblebee ones, because they just look silly.

Has anyone found a solution yet?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 6:25 PM
I read somewhere that you could use a "no mosaics" mod to get rid of wings, I would try that out. It would probably remove all wings though.

Someone needs to mod a pair of "invisible" pixel-sized wings or something as an option.
Inventor
#17 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 11:37 PM
Mad Poster
#18 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 11:40 PM
I just saw it today and I'm gonna try it as soon as possible!
Inventor
#19 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 12:07 AM
ROFL...
stupid
stupid

and so on :D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 8:46 PM
In my case I was thinking of replacing the bumblebeewings with an invisible version. Using the queen of the Fea reward, you could have your fairy sim change back and forth between no wings and having wings, when going out or something.

So I don't want to get rid of fairy wings alltogheter, just be able to switch back and forth.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 9:02 PM
I agree--the bumblee ones are dreadful.
Inventor
#22 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 1:17 AM
which bumble yours ? :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 12:20 PM
Bumble theirs; not mine, EA.
Instructor
#24 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:45 AM
well, I managed to make a small package file that turns the bumblebee wings invisible as long as the colour of the wings is the lightest colour possible from the colour selection. no sparkles or anything. PM if you'd like to give it a whirl!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:03 PM
Default Buckley just created a mod that'll hide the wings etc...
Quote: Originally posted by Macey246
I'm making a few superheroes and I want to give them "powers" but Fairy wings don't look good on Superman

Hi, Buckley just created a mod that hides fairy wings (and sparkles on a fairy baby), here on MTS. .
Page 1 of 2