Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:09 AM
Wow, this is an interesting read. Thank goodness I haven't had that Super Debug Hug issue. I'd certainly like to get the comfort of knowing that the lots I upload are free from that bug, even though I don't use social mods in my game. Although I wouldn't know, since I don't understand how to find out if my lots have buggy controllers, for example, or any controllers at all. Are social mods prone to having higher risks of corrupting the game than objects, meshes, careers/majors, etc. (or is that too vague a question)?

Also, are there other methods of sharing a lot? For example, if a lot were unoccupied, and instead of packing it, one were to share the lot package itself, and rename it cx_000000##.package to place in the LotCatalog folder...would there be a consequence to that, or would the effects be the same as if we used the game's Sims2Packing mechanism?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Site Helper
Original Poster
#77 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:14 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 25th Jul 2013 at 4:30 AM.
I believe that packaging the lot is the safest method of sharing a lot. In my experience, sharing the lot package is less safe; there's something about the package / install process which cleans the lot a bit.

Specifically, sharing the lot package will not remove this bug, since the bug is that the lot package contains the Super Duper Hug controller, or a CC controller which falls back to the SDH controller.
Scholar
#78 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:18 AM
I see. How would I go about looking for controllers on my own lots? Is it done in-game, or through SimPE? Is it a complicated process, or not necessarily?

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#79 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
The LBF Deadly Neck Bite (found here) fix will kill the version of the Super Duper Hug that your hack(s) create. The problem is coming in when someone who has your hacks in packages a lot and someone who doesn't have your hacks in places it in their game. The person without the hacks gets the Super Duper Hug.

That was what I remembered seeing, so that might work for this person's game. But again, that hack has that problem because it creates a new social interaction controller object - my hacks don't create new social controllers or or even have anything to do with social controllers, they just change the global functions that the game uses to check family status.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#80 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:22 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Jul 2013 at 4:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
(Rufio/faiuwle here, thanks for letting me know about the thread.)

All I can say is that I've been using the extended family and inlaws fix hacks in my own game since they were in development and I've never had the Super Duper Hug in my game. My understanding was that it came from adding a social interaction and then removing it (or the hack that added it). The extended family hacks include only global and semiglobal BHAVs, some of which I added, but none of them are associated with any social interaction objects. It sounds to me like you must have gotten it by removing some other hack with a new social interaction object in it.

I don't really do much TS2 these days, so my knowledge of this is rusty, though. If someone can explain how my hacks caused this bug, I'll do my best to fix it. I know I've seen downloads that people have posted to get rid of this bug in the past - do any of those work?

Thank you for coming over. I went through all my mods that change the sims pie menu and add interactions. Esme tested each one in turn in her game by placing and then removing it. We were close on testing them all when we tested the in-law and extended family mods. On removing them from her game esme got the Debug Hug.

My own game showed nothing with the fixes in place. I have had fixes in long before I put on your extended family mod. I only found out when I got a pm from an uploader who had a fresh game with no mods that my cc free lot had given her the Debug Hug.

Which is where we are now, trying to figure how we can make sure lots don't invisibly piggy back this hug.

Also I really love your extended family mod and would love to see it fixed so I could use it again. Even with my fixes in place I can't have it in game due to the lot uploading issue. It wouldn't matter if I wasn't a lot builder, but that is what I do.

Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Wow, this is an interesting read. Thank goodness I haven't had that Super Debug Hug issue.

I believe the two ways of knowing if you have the Debug Hug when you don't see it in game, are to either remove your download folder or have someone with a fresh game and no cc install one of your lots. Of course removing the folder might also possibly create it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
Original Poster
#81 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:38 AM
I see. How would I go about looking for controllers on my own lots? Is it done in-game, or through SimPE? Is it a complicated process, or not necessarily?
At this time, I believe that the best option is to open the lot package in SimPE. There will be two sets of OBJT records. The single record is the MOBJT, which contains information about every object on the lot. The other set is one OBJT record for each object.

Select the single OBJT and go into Hex mode. Since the controllers are normally added to the lot as soon as it is created, most of the controllers should show up at the beginning of the list. Just scroll down in the record and you'll see the names of the controllers on your lot.

Earlier in the thread, I did that with one of joandsarahs CC-free lots, only to find a ton of obviously CC controllers, with the names of creators like Squinge, Inge Jones, Monique, TwoJeffs, etc.

It would be possible to write a program which lists some of the information about every object on the lot, such as GUID and object name. We understand that record fairly well.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#82 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Thank you for coming over. I went through all my mods that change the sims pie menu and add interactions. Esme tested each one in turn in her game by placing and then removing it. We were close on testing them all when we tested the in-law and extended family mods. On removing them from her game esme got the Debug Hug.

My own game showed nothing with the fixes in place. I have had fixes in long before I put on your extended family mod. I only found out when I got a pm from an uploader who had a fresh game with no mods that my cc free lot had given her the Debug Hug.

Which is where we are now, trying to figure how we can make sure lots don't invisibly piggy back this hug.

Also I really love your extended family mod and would love to see it fixed so I could use it again. Even with my fixes in place I can't have it in game due to the lot uploading issue. It wouldn't matter if I wasn't a lot builder, but that is what I do.

Well, I just tested to be sure by removing the mods and then running my game, and I still see no Debug Hug. Are you sure it wasn't one of the other mods you were testing? I can't really fix what I can't even reproduce.

Also, it's incorrect to classify these mods as mods that change the pie menu, even though they have some effect on it - they don't directly change the pie menu, add to it, or subtract from it, they only modify global functions, like most of my other mods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#83 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 5:45 AM
Mootilda thanks for showing the picture in simpe, that is very interesting. What do you have to do to view a lot in simpe?

kestrellyn, do you have a fix in place? All I know is Esme tested each mod I was using in turn. She had a clean game. We did the ones that directly effect the pie menu first and then we turned to ones that added extra interactions. The one change to the sims pie menu from your mod was allowing a family kiss between sims who unmodded would not be able to. It was both on the menu as an option as well as being autonomous.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#84 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 5:55 AM
To view a lot, just double-click the lot package file from your Lots folder (of the neighborhood of choice) so that it opens in SimPE. Then,

1. Choose that OBJT entry from the list
2. Switch to Hex view by choosing the "Hex" tab below.
3. Click the empty text space next to "Highlight" at the very bottom.
4. Copy/Paste this: 43 6F 6E 74 72 6F 6C 6C 65 72 ---> Those numbers mean C O N T R O L L E R
5. Click "Highlight"
6. ...And scroll the list to see what controllers are contained on the lot.

So far I found out that some of my community lots have Monique's Bank Controllers. What I did afterwards was open one of Monique's controllers in SimPE, and checked it's Object Data (OBJD).

Then I used the Simantics Resource Finder and had SimPE scan the "Orig. GUID" number (in my case, it was 0x6C7EEEF4). That GUID lead to "Disease - Token" from my game's object package. I'm guessing that's safe, the disease token?

So...does that mean every time we remove that custom content in Clean Installer prior to uploading (e.g. removing Monique's Bank Controller in CI, saving the lot only, then uploading), the game will fall back on GUID 0x6C7EEEF4 if the downloader doesn't have the controller in question? Does that also mean the reference will continue to remain in the lot package until the game starts up again, in which case the game will erase that reference? Or does it remain indefinitely?

Field Researcher
#85 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 5:57 AM
jo, I am sorry...i was sooo hopeful. But that last lot didn't pass.

Esme..I will do your testing tomorrow...most likely afternoon (Central Standard Time). Sorry I am not faster..life is just a little bit hectic right now.

aka Dominie aka Kim.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 6:03 AM
Mootilda thanks for showing the picture in simpe, that is very interesting. What do you have to do to view a lot in simpe?

kestrellyn, do you have a fix in place? All I know is Esme tested each mod I was using in turn. She had a clean game. We did the ones that directly effect the pie menu first and then we turned to ones that added extra interactions. The one change to the sims pie menu from your mod was allowing a family kiss between sims who unmodded would not be able to. It was both on the menu as an option as well as being autonomous.

I don't have a fix for the Debug Hug because I've never had a problem with it.

My hacks don't add Family Kiss to the pie menu directly - there is EAxis code somewhere that adds Family Kiss to the pie menu after checking a BHAV. I modified that BHAV, not the pie-menu-altering code.

Also, I downloaded the "Red" lot into a test neighborhood from the post that esmeiolanthe made, and at least in my game, it doesn't seem to come with the Debug Hug, either in autonomous interactions, pie menu interactions, or debug pie menu interactions. Unless there's a special way to trigger it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 6:25 AM
No sim loaded, deadly neck bite and control this sim are 3 mods that include a fix for the hug, but it's possible there are other mods out there that do so as well. Did you test the lot in a mod free game?

Dominie, thanks anyway. I was kind of hopeful for that one too.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#88 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 7:31 AM
No sim loaded, deadly neck bite and control this sim are 3 mods that include a fix for the hug, but it's possible there are other mods out there that do so as well. Did you test the lot in a mod free game?

I did just now. For good measure I redownloaded it and re-placed it in the hood, and there still isn't a Super Duper Hug interaction.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 7:41 AM
Well now I'm just confused.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#90 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 11:51 AM
Actually, that negative on Red isn't entirely unexpected. Pulling the hacks definitely causes the Hug, but I'm not sure what the exact conditions are for it to piggyback on a house. There are no actual Sims in the 'hood where Red was created, and it may be that the Hug will not piggyback if there are no Sims. That's one of the things I wanted to test. (If it doesn't, that's a safe way to build until someone finds a permanent fix.)

If Red, Green, and Blue are all negative, then I will try a) building in a 'hood that does have Sims (both with and without furniture) and b) building in the 'hood without Sims but adding some furniture to the houses.

kestrellyn, could you please test this lot and this lot by Jo and see if the Hug shows up for you in a cc-free game?

Jo, since there was some doubt about if the two lots I linked to had the problem, could you please reupload one of the houses known to have the problem for kestrylln to test as well?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#91 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 1:19 PM
The last test lot is on post #61 and Dominie said it had the hug. I hadn't made any sims in that hood either.

~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#93 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:30 PM
So sorry not to have joined you until now, but I had Life descend on me. But now I'm here, willing and able to test anything you want me to test. I've set up a brand-new AnyGame*, completely CC-free and with all EPs (not all SPs, though, but that's not a problem since I always use CI to install lots), so bring it on!

*In my full game at least one 'hood has the bug and I have fixes in place for it, so my testing anything there wouldn't be much use.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#94 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 25th Jul 2013 at 8:43 PM.
does that mean every time we remove that custom content in Clean Installer prior to uploading (e.g. removing Monique's Bank Controller in CI, saving the lot only, then uploading), the game will fall back on GUID 0x6C7EEEF4 if the downloader doesn't have the controller in question?
Every time that you remove custom content in the Clean Installer, the reference to the CC remains on the lot. If you have the CC, it will appear. If you do not have the CC, then if there is a fallback ID and you have the fallback object (often a Maxis object), the game will replace the CC object with the fallback object.

Does that also mean the reference will continue to remain in the lot package until the game starts up again, in which case the game will erase that reference? Or does it remain indefinitely?
It is my belief that these objects will be deleted, but I have not verified this. It would be helpful if someone could verify what happens to these objects.

BO seems to believe that setting the object GUID to 0 will convince the game to delete the object. I have not verified this either.

Note that what happens to the object may depend upon the EP (game engine).

To view a lot, just double-click the lot package file from your Lots folder (of the neighborhood of choice) so that it opens in SimPE.
What I've been doing is installing the lot, renaming the .Sims2Tmp file (in the Teleport folder) to .package, and then double clicking on that package. I'm probably being over-cautious, but I don't want this bug on my computer.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
kestrellyn, could you please test this lot and this lot by Jo and see if the Hug shows up for you in a cc-free game?

I installed the first lot twice and couldn't get it to show up in-game, so I can't help you there, but the second lot definitely has the Hug without CC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
So sorry not to have joined you until now, but I had Life descend on me. But now I'm here, willing and able to test anything you want me to test. I've set up a brand-new AnyGame*, completely CC-free and with all EPs (not all SPs, though, but that's not a problem since I always use CI to install lots), so bring it on!

*In my full game at least one 'hood has the bug and I have fixes in place for it, so my testing anything there wouldn't be much use.

Thanks so much Nix. If it's possible for my MTS lots to be cleaned I will be very grateful. Leefish asked me to make a list of my lots, which I did and put up on my Leefish thread. My suggestion was that Dominie take on the LJ lots and that you take on the MTS lots seeing you have access to them and can put clean ones back up. You will need M&G installed as that is my game engine.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...tid=4930&page=3

~Call me Jo~
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#97 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 10:53 PM
I have M&G, so that's not a problem. But something weird is going on here, because when I go to your profile I can only see the latest eight lots. They're all showing as flagged (so I can obviously see flagged posts), but when I click "show all downloads" or on the "lots and housing" links, then all of a sudden the only lot I can see is the unflagged retirement home. Think you could please give me direct links to the oldest three? The Lego House, the Azalea Court and the Maple Creek Shopping Centre? (And cross your fingers that I can access them. If I can't, I'll have to get the files from Lee or somebody else who has higher mod rank than I.) I had a thought that I'd start with your oldest lots and work myself up; I remember you said at Leefish that you didn't think you had the bug until around your third lot or so, so if you're right about that then your oldest ones should be clean.

But is it really possible to clean infected lots? I get a bit confused when I read the thread at Leefish and this one here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#98 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 10:59 PM
That's strange, they are all there. Well except I can't get to the shopping centre myself as it's over the page and I can only access those on the first page. Maybe Leefish can, she said she had access to them all. I just mentioned this to leefish over on chat.

Here is the Water park http://www.modthesims.info/d/477943 It is confusing! Dominie seemed to have success with the retirement home. I bet she knows the procedure that worked.

~Call me Jo~
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#99 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 11:05 PM
Wet N Wicked is the last one I can see, it's the older ones I can't access: the Lego House, the Azalea Court and the Maple Creek Shopping Centre (I got the names from your Leefish post; I can't actually see them here). I seem to lose my mod-fu when I click the "view all" link.

Edit: BTW, it doesn't matter which server I'm on; I tried the staff server as well and I can still only see the latest eight, and then I just get the unflagged retirement home when I click "all downloads". Weird.
Theorist
#100 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
esme - I tested both those lots you linked, and each has the bug.

Thank you for testing those, HugeLunatic and kestrellyn! Now we know that people with differing game setups are able to see the Hug, and we have a baseline for lots that I make that you might test.

Was anyone else able to test Red, Blue, and Green, the three lots I posted here? (kestrellyn was able to test Red, and the results were promising, but more data is always better.) It would be particularly helpful to have results on all three lots, since they were created under slightly different conditions.

I will create a few more lots tonight, again under different conditions, and upload those for testing as well. Although I know that this won't fix the Hug when it occurs, it may help us figure out how creators can avoid attaching it to their lots in the first place.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Page 4 of 6