Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Default Music has gone AWOL
All of a sudden all the music in game has completely disappeared. Whether it be from Stereo or just the music that plays in the background whilst in buy/build mode has all gone. If I try to preview it in the Options Menu there is no sound

I believe this may be linked to custom music. Although I have never added any to my game there are always 5 wav files in my Custom Music folder

Blame it on Me
Ghosts (Radio Edit)
I Love LA
Punches, Kicks, Trenches, and Swords
Revolution
The Other Side
True Stories

I've tried deleting them but when I start up the game they regenerate. I have no idea where they came from. Does any known hack do this?

I've removed all the hacks/CC I've installed after the bug started occuring but to no avail. I even tried it the old Oblivion way to solving mod issues. Removed half the hacks, try the game, remove the other half, try the game. But the bug prevails regardless of any hack combination. Nevertheless none of the hacks should affect anything remotely related to Music

Is there any way I can force reset the music in game?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:03 PM
Are you putting your custom music in the My Documents or the Programme Files area? Because I have mine in the My Documents, and the pre-placed tracks never regenerate, nor do they play in game.

As for custom music being to blame, I'm not sure with that. I originally put custom stuff in because it was drearily quiet in game. I think EA cocked up with their patch what they said it fixed to be honest.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:06 PM
I have never put any custom music into any folders, but those files appeared in My Documents
That Custom Music works, but Default Music is gone
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:10 PM
Ah, they may regenerate if you don't replace them then.

Strangely enough, my non-custom stereo music has just started working again in-game. Literally, just this second! I have absolutely no idea what causes it to silence. I think it's one of those random things. I had just switched households, and come back to a lot that originally had a stereo on with nothing playing. Don't know if that's what the cause/solution may be.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM Last edited by 2rki3i : 7th Jul 2009 at 5:13 PM.
Thanks for the Feedback.

I used the search and found out that this issue is somewhat documented and that their are temporary non binding fixes.

Apparently you should just save under a new name.

Can a mod lock this please
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Resolved