Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th May 2012 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Around 64, now.

Holy cow! My 5.75 gigs bow down to your impressive DL folder. You must have so much cool stuff... :lovestruc
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 16th May 2012 at 12:22 AM
It's rather odd, but curtain recolors - I really hate how everyone has the same dang drapes. Also facial hair and mods/fixes. I have a very small downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th May 2012 at 12:23 AM
Clutter.

:c

brb raiding that list forever

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th May 2012 at 2:01 AM
Ahh it's nice to be among my fellow CC addicts and those of us still playing Sims2 as well... I am a total CC addict, spending hours and sometimes days looking for new things to download into the game.. my biggest weaknesses have to be: walls, floors, hair and clothes.. of course I love mods too.. lol I think I am addicted to downloading almost everything in the game.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alijah

Holy cow! My 5.75 gigs bow down to your impressive DL folder. You must have so much cool stuff... :lovestruc

I do, I do! I have a bunch of files off of dead sites, and a truckload of TS3 conversions and TS1 recreations, ahhhh it's good to be me. I have this one shrub that makes traffic go by, and I have working washers and dryers - take your pick which ones you want in your house!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:19 AM
Around 64, now.

I leave it to load overnight, it does the trick quite nicely. It actually runs pretty smoothly now ingame, no crashing at all since I thinned out which mods I use. The only crashing I've had is when packaging a lot I knew was glitched (but I insisted on doing it anyways).

Overnight!?!? Wow. That's a long time.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreezerBunny
Overnight!?!? Wow. That's a long time.

Well, I stay up all night and then sleep during the morning hours and the evenings because I fix computers for a living.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#33 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:33 AM Last edited by lazzybum : 16th May 2012 at 3:49 AM.
DigitalSympathies, do/did you bother organizing your downloads? Or is it one big mess and you might have a bunch of duplicates adding to that total? lol 64gigs.. thats about half of my total stuff in my C: drive Dx
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:57 AM
When I found out that there was stuff for Harry Potter on here, I HAD to download it. Some of my HP creators haven't yet been properly thanked because I've not yet gotten to use their content (I'll get to thanking you soon, I've not forgotten) but I particularly like premade sims, textures and mods. Meshes are cool too. I want to learn how to make things now that I'm definitely getting my computer back (My husband got his laptop for school today).
Instructor
#35 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:20 AM
Kitchen/Bathroom nicknacks. I love creating bathrooms and the kitchens, and customizing them to all look different according to what my Sims interests are. I also like clothes, men's clothes. Its hard to find good ones because of the overflow of female clothes. So when I do find really good guy clothes I'm all over it.
Scholar
#36 Old 16th May 2012 at 6:34 AM
I have this one shrub that makes traffic go by, and I have working washers and dryers - take your pick which ones you want in your house!

What? Mind sharing? Id love those things :O
I like clothes and hair myself, sim stuff, followed by furniture.
Instructor
#37 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:55 AM
Yes, especially the shrub. If not to use but to see it in action at least once.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:17 AM
I'm addicted to Maxis match... recolors, hairs, objects.. everything .

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Mad Poster
#39 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:23 AM
Hair, makeup, skin and clothes mostly - I like having weird and beautiful sims, and hate having to settle for plain hair especially.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th May 2012 at 8:23 AM
Plants too - especially garden stuff and landscaping. Also bed covers and shower curtains. I play with the walls part down most of the time and it makes such a difference to the house look. Love rugs too since they can change a rooms look so much when my sims are broke.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 16th May 2012 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
DigitalSympathies, do/did you bother organizing your downloads? Or is it one big mess and you might have a bunch of duplicates adding to that total? lol 64gigs.. thats about half of my total stuff in my C: drive Dx

I organise like crazy as of lately. No duplicates, scanned and maintained like a boss, no picture/non-package files, folders labelled according to how my mind works, etc. Preened, 64.0 GB on the mark.

Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
What? Mind sharing? Id love those things :O
I like clothes and hair myself, sim stuff, followed by furniture.

The shrub's from Aussie Topenders, the animations transferred from an animated but not-that-well-meshed washer/dryer set onto the Sims 3 conversions was done by a friend of mine on another forum, as a gift to their sixteen closest friends. I can't hand those out, they'd murder me on sight.

Field Researcher
#42 Old 16th May 2012 at 1:22 PM
Build mode stuff. I love build sets.
Scholar
#43 Old 16th May 2012 at 4:15 PM
Clutter, posters, hair, clothing.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#44 Old 16th May 2012 at 7:47 PM
Clothes and more clothes, hair , makeup, brows, eyes, now and then mods if I really need it.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th May 2012 at 9:52 PM
There's a working washer/dryer set on Affinity Sims.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 17th May 2012 at 12:09 AM
Everything's my CC weakness, really. I go on huge downloading sprees where almost anything that catches my eye goes, from mods to wallpapers. My Dowloads folder is around 6gb at the moment but it's been steadily expanding over the years and shows no signs of stopping any time soon.

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th May 2012 at 2:26 AM
For me, it's walls and floors, mods and hacks-not necessarily in order, though. Houses if they meet my criteria for the game I'm playing, medieval.

Of course I hang out at Plumbob Keep so it's becoming hard to resist their downloads. My poor DL's folder is asking for help.

I'm really trying to restrain myself, but the shinies always win!

Of course when a new site shows up, such as Kativip (she's a regular at GOS) who has just opened her own site.

Must resist..must...
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 17th May 2012 at 3:23 AM
I'm weak for all kinds of CC besides Build Mode stuff, mostly. And that's only because I'm such a terrible builder that all houses I make that aren't completely one-dimensional and flat have roofs that leak in so that the kids' bedrooms are all covered in snow during the winter or something of the simile. (Yep, the social workers love me in my game, I tell you.)

I think lots are my worst CC weakness, though. At least I use most of the hair and clothes I DL, but the majority of the lots I download don't really fit into my neighborhood or are the kind that are pretty but either 1) excessively large so that my ancient laptop overheats within 10 minutes of loading it or 2) so full of clutter the majority of the objects are inaccessible (but it's so pretty!).

That, and celebrity sims. Pretty they may be, but their genes... let's just say that I once had a Jessica Alba sim and a Brad Pitt sim have twins. Goopy suddenly seemed perfectly fit for being a model for TSR's Subscriber-Only stuff.
Inventor
#49 Old 17th May 2012 at 4:14 AM
I have working washers and dryers

Ooooh, where did you get these?
Forum Resident
#50 Old 17th May 2012 at 4:45 AM
Clutter in general, windows, and stuff that was converted from TS3 for some reason.
Page 2 of 5