Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 4:49 PM
Default WCIF a get to work mod?
I noticed in the sims 2 it doesn't actually have any type of thing where you can go to work with your sim, so just wondering if there is a mod like the sims 4 get to work, hope I'm explaining this right. Thanks to anyone who can help me
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 5:25 PM
There's not much for the carpool jobs, but if you have Open For Business you can have your Sims open businesses.

You may also be interested in an integrated neighbourhood. (Note that it's an old thread, so I wouldn't suggest bumping it unless you add a bit of discussion.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 6:09 PM
I published this last week: https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...rapher.html?m=1

I have more ideas like this to come. Maybe it helps.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 6:44 PM
Chris Hatch has a mod that sends your sims to a community lot designated by an object to be a workplace. It works by one object (his CC Globe) placed on the workplace lot beforehand checking what the lot has on it and diverting sims to that lot if they have the job and the corrosponding object is present.

Eg a beach will classify the lot for the oceanography career so instead of disappearing for the alocated time your sim will head to the beach lot to study ocean life or chill or whatever. But only with the Globe present at the beach

It only works with careers from the game not CC ones though there could be a way to allocate objects to cutom careers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 2:48 PM
Thanks so much for the help guys, you guys are awesome! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 9:40 PM
Sims 2 has Open For Business instead. You might like my career and business thread, for ideas of what you can do with mods added to that. Link in my signature.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#7 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Chris Hatch has a mod that sends your sims to a community lot designated by an object to be a workplace. It works by one object (his CC Globe) placed on the workplace lot beforehand checking what the lot has on it and diverting sims to that lot if they have the job and the corrosponding object is present.

Eg a beach will classify the lot for the oceanography career so instead of disappearing for the alocated time your sim will head to the beach lot to study ocean life or chill or whatever. But only with the Globe present at the beach

It only works with careers from the game not CC ones though there could be a way to allocate objects to cutom careers.

I haven't heard of this one. Sounds good. Do you have a link?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain

Ah what? Oh wow, just what I had suggest in hacks thread long time ago :o

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I haven't heard of this one. Sounds good. Do you have a link?

This post has a link to download an HTML file with a complete list of features and up-to-date links to the various components you can download. You need the Globe, but I think you can pick and choose what other features you want to use with it. Be sure to test for conflicts since this is a big mod and affects a lot of different functions.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...437#post5474437
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 8:19 PM
Do the sims appear in those lots when switching to another household? At the exact work scheduling hours? Can you opt out of the workplace? @Chris Hatch

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.