Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1051 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:57 AM
Huhu^.^

I didn't have much time to play Sims 2 lately :-( So I just wanted to pop in and say:

M3g7e: I still love this and can't wait to see the new content! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1052 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvi-sama
Huhu^.^

I didn't have much time to play Sims 2 lately :-( So I just wanted to pop in and say:

M3g7e: I still love this and can't wait to see the new content! :lovestruc

I know right, real life is making me unable to sim as much as I wanted too. I finally found me a big chunk of spare time though so guess what I'm doing :D

Still appreciate the great work put into the Warwickshire challenge and rely on it for world building every day, meanwhile I too am looking forward to hear more. War and law would be additions I can't wait to see, but I'm generally excited to see what a new update would bring.
Lab Assistant
#1053 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:51 PM
Hey people!
Soo... I play a Test of Time Challenge (no, I'm not posting in the wrong thread) in which I use the Health system developed for this challenge. Recently, I was talking to my sister about my most recent epidemic of multiple births, and she was surprised to hear those babies were just as likely to survive as single-birth children, which she pointed out was highly unrealistic, even for modern times.
Multiple-birth babies are often/always premature, after all, which means more potential health problems. In the past, twins both surviving to adulthood was rare, and let's not even talk about triplets or quads!

Wouldn't it make sense to add an extra roll for multiple-birth children, then?

This is what I suggest:
At birth, roll a number (see below) for each baby, and substract that number from the baby's health score.
- Twins: 0-25
-Triplets: 0-50
-Quadruplets: 0-100
I wouldn't change the mother's birth health score since she is already "paying" for several births in one go.

My reasoning for those numbers is that there's always the possibility that a baby will be perfectly healthy, but the chances of that happening (and the degree to which they are premature, and thus prone to health problems) change depending on how many others that baby shared the womb with. Doing the roll at birth accounts for those who might not survive the birth, and multiple-birth children who do survive will carry that health handicap all their lives, which makes them more likely to die younger than they would otherwise.

I haven't tested it in-game much yet (just the one pair of twins who had high health scores to begin with), but I will be using those numbers for the moment. I think it might not be severe enough, though... Perhaps I should set it to 0-50 for twins, 0-100 for triplets, and 0-200 for quads instead? In ancient times, I really wouldn't be expecting more than one or perhaps two quads to survive, at most... Perhaps I should do some research on multiple birth statistics in pre-modern times to get more accurate numbers, if such stats even exist.

I would like other opinions on the subject. What do you think?
Field Researcher
#1054 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:54 AM
I am not sure how often quads (or even triplets) came along naturally, without hormonal treatment. I feel like most multiples today are due to their parents being unable to conceive naturally, so they got fertility treatment or IVF.

Nevertheless, I think it makes sense for multiple babies to have a lesser chance of survival because they might arrive prematurely, or the mother cannot provide for more babies (during pregnancy or even nursing). I am not sure about the womans survival rates, aren˜t most cases of death in childbed due to infections which would be the same risk?
Test Subject
#1055 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:43 AM
Oh, an interesting aspect!
Mutibles without hacks are quite rare, but this really does make sense :-)

I use the THS for my other challenges as well (right now the BACC, which is very frustrating XD)

I changed a rule regarding the THS-System as well: since Sims with a THS on level Terrible are pretty much comatose, I roll -3/-1 every day to simulate their higher risk of infections caused by long-time immobility and conditions such as aspiration-pneumonia due to the lack of feeding-tubes.

But I still don't have a system for bottle-raised babies... except that I prolonged the nursing-period to the whole toddlerhood, since that actually was a thing back then (this counts for wet-nurses because one-sim-day is a very short time to find a new baby before the milk runs dry...) Does anyone have an idea?
Lab Assistant
#1056 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:16 PM
I can't find in the rules how much the serfs have to pay the noble who owns the land they work and live on. I think the last time I tried this challenge I remember it being something like 15% of earnings? Is that right?
Test Subject
#1057 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Satrina
I can't find in the rules how much the serfs have to pay the noble who owns the land they work and live on. I think the last time I tried this challenge I remember it being something like 15% of earnings? Is that right?

The tax rules are on pages 22-24 of the latest version of the rules! Serfs are actually rather worse off; they owe 40% of earnings, 5% of lot value and 10% of family funds every five day tax period. Fortunately they don't have to pay asset tax, but they will also have to be paying off their indentures or the overall debt will increase.

Hope that helps!
Test Subject
#1058 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Satrina

In addition to what TruthxLiesxMagic wrote: It depends on their contract.

I have nobles who just want to make a lot of money fast, demanding up to 2500§ per season and some who want a stable long-time-workforce who take 500§ per season but demand a total of 30.000. There are other nobles who use "manpower" as payment (one adult's service per sim-day is worth 100§, kids' 50§; the "downpay" depends of how many household members work how many days --> extra money doesn't get them out of their contracts faster). I even have a gentry-family giving small houses to worker-families free of charge - as long as they have one household member to work their fields from spring to fall.
Test Subject
#1059 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 11:56 AM
That's a great spread of approaches, Yvi-Sama! I need to have some nastier lords, I think; they keep rolling as virtuous, or at least neutral, so it's made sense for them to impose fair taxes, but then my peasants and serfs are moving up the social mobility ladder within a generation or two and then I have nobody left to tend the fields.
Test Subject
#1060 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TruthxLiesxMagic
That's a great spread of approaches, Yvi-Sama! I need to have some nastier lords, I think; they keep rolling as virtuous, or at least neutral, so it's made sense for them to impose fair taxes, but then my peasants and serfs are moving up the social mobility ladder within a generation or two and then I have nobody left to tend the fields.

Thank you. Some of them I invented due to the huge rule change of "Gentry is not allowed to contract serfs" after most of my Gentry-Families had their estates build to include large fields that needed a lot of hands to work.

I had the same problem and changed some rules. I am a list person: I created lists for taxes, THS, school-requirements, healer-abilities and so on. I even put the most common sources of royal and religious favour points into a list. But it is such a huuuuuge amound of work and I got bored and frustrated (esp. since my precious few evil sims turning neutral and virtuous because they loved to network and gained friends fast... didn't seem logical to me). In the end I kinda dropped the system.

Instead I either roll a -5/5 at important life-situations or simply change the level according to the story I want to play.

This made playing so much more fun since I tend to play goody-goody characters anyway and now it is more random and I need to adapt. To get less of the same-old-same-old I don't sync seasons. Spring-family living next to a winter-family? Cool. Also (even though it takes more planing) I stopped "mass weddings" as the beginning of each season, instead looking for a wife as soon as a marriageable (or marriage-allowed) man is available. This way I don't have high spikes of birth statistics but an even flow of new sims.
Instructor
#1061 Old 27th May 2018 at 2:12 PM
Ok, guess who's reviving the thread? Again I can't believe I've been playing my current neighborhood and creating this story since 2013! That's almost 5 years! I know I keep disappearing and coming back, but this time I'm back with 2 new chapters! I'll only post the first short one for now (because I'm evil )

♕ Things we've left unsaid ♔
"Somehow, it felt like we were living on borrowed time, waiting for the inevitable to happen."

"There's been an accident!"
For a woman who just gave birth a few months ago, Agnes was quite determined to resume her activities at the Court and prove that motherhood wouldn't stop her from meddling with the kingdom's affairs. Well, it is her sixth child, she is not quite 25 yet and she's already proved to everyone interested that she can regain her strength in no time after giving birth. Trust my brother to find himself a royal wife who is both absurdly ambitious and insanely resourceful.
Read more...
Test Subject
#1062 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
So... since we are still missing the War section... how do you peeps balance out the ratio of the male:female death-rate?
Instructor
Original Poster
#1063 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:06 PM
What a tease! So you know I have this great love for Alleken anyway ... and now I am totally entranced as to what has happened to her husband. When will we get an update?

btw sorry for the delay in posting! For the first time in ever I am teaching online classes in the summer and have been busy with --of all things--*work*
sigh
Instructor
#1064 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 1:57 PM
♕ Servants of fate ♔
"Men fight wars.
Women win them"

"What's your name...?"
She's been quiet by the foot of the massive four-poster bed, playing with her doll, brushing and braiding her hair, all the while gently telling her silly tales in a low voice. And it wasn't even her voice that woke him from his deep, dreamless slumber, but a splitting headache that seemed to be growing in intensity.
It took him a few moments to register her question and a few more to answer it. In his hazy state, she looked more like a hallucination than a real, breathing child, with her tousled dark brown waves and curious eyes.
"My name is... Gregory... I think... What are you doing here?"

Read more...
Test Subject
#1065 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Wups : 10th Jul 2018 at 9:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Yvi-sama
So... since we are still missing the War section... how do you peeps balance out the ratio of the male:female death-rate?

I do the following to decide the outcomes of war:

First I determine which are the warring parties (states, rebel factions, etc. etc.)

Second, I determine who will be combatants in battles on either side of the conflict (the troops, this does not include local levies, militias, servants, slaves, attendants, etc.). I might move these sims to a military camp. (Personally I like to group them in companies or armies using a small spreadsheet, that way a sim won't accidentally risk dying in two locations 500 miles apart in the span of two days)
The combatants travel around with their generals to fight on battlefields.

Combatants may be enrolled by generals while the army is moving through an area or may be mercenaries or men bound to serve under their lord's banner(s). I like to imagine people with little to no future prospects were more likely to join up either willingly or after a drink too much.

Note: I like to make my armies spend some time traveling together (in reality mostly camping together) until they reach their destination, which may be any kind of battle. I keep track of the rough locations of the groups of combatants involved in the conflict.

If they:
A. encounter an enemy city/fortification: the city/fortification blocks their passage through this territory unless they siege it down.

B. encounter an enemy combatant group: this can result in either a surprise encounter or an ordinary pitched battle. I use a 20-sided die or a random number generator to determine whether this is a surprise encounter, in a normal situation 90% of the time a group would spot another group ahead of the battle, because of campfire smoke, noises, and / or banners flown by the troops. On a result of 1 the moving army is surprised and ambushed, on a 20 they manage to catch wind of the enemy ahead of time and ambush them, while on results 2-19 a pitched battle takes place.

C. encounter an enemy combatant group/city/fortification but retreat: again there is a 90% chance of business as usual, where the army is spotted by the enemy but simply retreats and no subsequent conflict takes place (my sims lives are valuable). On a result of 1, the encountered enemy force/garrison may chase down the retreating troops, inflicting some casualties depending on their numbers and organization. On a result of 20, the retreating force remains hidden.

D. encounter unguarded enemy property: depending on morale, duration of the campaign and ethics of the troops (mercenaries won't be as hesitant) pillaging ensues.

In case of A.:

A1: determine the participating defending forces. (Who are part of the garrison? Will a nearby general be notified of the attack and bolster the defending forces? Are local levies enrolled (and forced) to fight in the defense, who are they?)

A2: is this a prolonged siege? (sieges may have lasted months or years even depending on the supply lines and siege equipment of the besieging army and the stored supplies and water access of the defenders) If yes, the status quo remains until the occupants of the defended area run out of supplies. If no, the attackers charge the battlements.

(A3: attackers charge the battlements resulting in a skirmish. The battle results in a base 5% casualties for both sides, casualties on the attacking side are increased by +1% for basic earthworks or +2% for towers and palisades, and a whopping +5% for a big stone fortification. Meanwhile casualties on the attacking side are decreased by -2% if siege equipment is used. In addition casualties on either side are increased by +1% for bad morale (caused by lost battles, supply shortages or lack of pay) and decreased by -1% for good morale (caused by charismatic leader's presence, victories, recent pay and sufficient supplies).

Note: after the battle is done the remainder of the losing forces can either surrender or flee as they deem fit, while fleeing forces may be chased down by the winner and killed on the spot, surrendering forces will be held ransom, as such they end up imprisoned and if they are particularly impoverished they might be executed or kicked out on the streets after no one shows up to pay the ransom. Troops who surrendered and lived without being ransomed are turncoats and become outlaws upon release. This does not apply to surrendering levied forces and local militias that where pushed into service one way or another.)

In case of B.:

B1: determine the participating defending forces. (Will a nearby general be notified of the attack and bolster the defending forces?)

B2: the two opposing forces collide on the field of battle. The battle results in a base 5% casualties for both sides, casualties on the either side are increased by +0.5% for the construction of basic earthworks or +1% for towers and palisades, all of these require time to build. In addition casualties on either side are increased by +1% for bad morale (caused by lost battles, supply shortages or lack of pay) and decreased by -1% for good morale (caused by charismatic leader's presence, victories, recent pay and sufficient supplies).

Note: after the battle is done the remainder of the losing forces can either surrender or flee as they deem fit, while fleeing forces may be chased down by the winner and killed on the spot, surrendering forces will be held ransom, as such they end up imprisoned and if they are particularly impoverished they might be executed or kicked out on the streets after no one shows up to pay the ransom. Troops who surrendered and lived without being ransomed are turncoats and become outlaws upon release.

In case of C.:
When a retreat is chased down, they suffer 10% +1~10% casualties. determine the additional 1~10% randomly.

Finally: who dies
By now we should have a list of participating combatants, I first divide them by social class because their social class directly influences their role on the battlefield and their likelihood of injury through battle. I then go on to randomly assign the casualties per social class in accordance with the established percentage.

For example:
The victorious defending combatants fought from a set of fortifications. This means they suffered the 5% casualties in the ensuing skirmish.
Troops consisted of: The King, two barons, 20 knights, a 100 bourgeoisie pikemen and a 100 peasant militias.
For every category I randomly appoint 5% as casualties.
This means that for the king, I roll a 20-sided die, killing him in action on a result of 1.
Five percent of 2 is 0.1 meaning that on a result of 1 baron nr. 1 gets killed, on a 2 baron nr. 2 gets killed and on results 3 through 20 no baron is killed.
Meanwhile, five bourgeoisie and five peasants are randomly assigned as casualties.

Important: in cases A. and B. I use a 5% base number of casualties from battle. In the late middle ages (renaissance) this number increased drastically, no longer was the main force comprised mostly of nobles and clergy who were more valuable to the enemy alive than dead, instead the bourgeoisie/citizen class played a new major role on the battlefield employed in militias and mercenary companies they used deadly pike square formations supported by heavily armored cavalry. These formations evolved into increasingly deadly styles of warfare from pike and shot with the widespread introduction of firearms to the battle lines of the first world war with the combined use of bayonets, breech loading rifles, and machine guns. Please increase the base percentage as you deem fit.

I use Hriveresse's Funeral Pyres from the Price of Victory Set over at the Keep, and occasionally another mod or two to 'process the casualties'

Hope this is useful to someone until the war chapter is rolled out.
Instructor
#1066 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 16th Sep 2018 at 5:33 PM.
♕ A Scandalous Affair ♔
"You fight each other, who fights them?"

"Fornicating with your own husband is so old-fashioned... Alleken, seriously, I was expecting so much more from you!"
Read more...

EDIT
And now some bonus pictures, because instead of writing, I'm having fun using different poseboxes

EDIT #2 So... you could say I've been quite productive these past few days

♕ How do you love someone the right way? ♔
"The only thing I don't know about you is what it feels like to hold you in my arms when you fly to pieces."

We used to enjoy hurting each other. Not in the physical sense, of course, because I couldn't seriously injure a grown man even if I tried and Gregory has never been violent with women (even if I have seen him clenching and unclenching his fists multiple times during our more heated arguments). But intimately... well, that's different.
Read more...

EDIT #3 Well, I don't exactly feel like playing some more (my game is waaay ahead of my story anyway), but I had to test some poseboxes and I needed some pictures for future chapters anyway so... Here are some spoilers

EDIT Yeah, There's only a few more weeks until academic year begins and here I am

♕ The obedient wife ♔
“The best way to keep a prisoner from escaping is to make sure she never knows she’s in prison.”

We arrive at the Royal residence later than expected so there is only a stable boy who hurriedly takes our horses as we dismount. We rode ahead of the rest of our belongings and servants, but Gregory does the work of a housemaid quite skilfully and helps untie my laces and unplaits my hair. I try not to linger on the questions that arise in my head (about how someone must have shown him how to master all those womenly tasks) and let myself simply enjoy how warm his callused hands are as they linger a bit longer on my body, as if by chance.
Read more...
Test Subject
#1067 Old 19th May 2019 at 3:30 AM
Any update spreadsheets for tracking all this info?
Test Subject
#1068 Old 31st May 2019 at 11:04 PM
Heyo everyone, I've been a long time lurker on this site, mostly here for the downloads, attempted making a challenge at one point, but other then that I've never really posted.
I saw this challenge a while ago and tried to read through it, but quickly get overwhelmed and stopped, and so now that I've finally learned to use AGS and am currently creating a medieval themed game, and I want to try to learn about this challenge again, I finally got the courage to post on here, I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to help explain the challenge to me, certain points I've had trouble wrapping my head around, such as how do i tell if my teen sim has become 18 years old? Do i guess? how would i calculate it if there is a way? I've had trouble with small things like that, and haven't exactly had anyone to ask in order to clarify.
If I am nerco-ing this thread, I am really sorry, but I am just looking for someone who can help answer my questions,
Thank you,
Lawless
Lab Assistant
#1069 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LawlessStarling21
Heyo everyone, I've been a long time lurker on this site, mostly here for the downloads, attempted making a challenge at one point, but other then that I've never really posted.
I saw this challenge a while ago and tried to read through it, but quickly get overwhelmed and stopped, and so now that I've finally learned to use AGS and am currently creating a medieval themed game, and I want to try to learn about this challenge again, I finally got the courage to post on here, I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to help explain the challenge to me, certain points I've had trouble wrapping my head around, such as how do i tell if my teen sim has become 18 years old? Do i guess? how would i calculate it if there is a way? I've had trouble with small things like that, and haven't exactly had anyone to ask in order to clarify.
If I am nerco-ing this thread, I am really sorry, but I am just looking for someone who can help answer my questions,
Thank you,
Lawless

Well, as for the age question. If you look at page 26 of the latest instructions, it says age in days. So 18 days of life is 18 years of life, basically. And if you look carefully at the ages/days in the table you'll see that this is based on aging your sim up after the one-day-warning, but before they age up on their own.

Okay now we'll look specifically at 18. According to this, a sim is 12 the moment they transition. So 6 days later they would be 18. Assuming you haven't put in an age-length mod in, that means when the game says 15 days till adult, the sim is 12. At 14 days to adult they'd be 13, and so on. So, when they're 9 days till adult they'd be 18.

Also if you want to private message me with questions you can. I don't know everything, but I'll do my best. Also, I think the creator still checks on this thread as well, so she might help as well.

Lauri
Lab Assistant
#1070 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RayeNation
Any update spreadsheets for tracking all this info?

@RayeNation There might be earlier in the thread. I honestly can't remember at the moment. I usually make my own if I want some.
Test Subject
#1071 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:50 PM
Thank you,
Lawless

It is quite easy with teens through Elders. If you use the ACR ((http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=19.0) HIGHLY recommended), you simply click on the spawned adjuster and select "show token", where the age is shown)

Feel free to ask your questions here (I enjoy talking about this play style a lot!) but beware that a lot of players found their own ways to balance the unfinished script out (eg. the death ratio between men and women).

A piece of advice in advance: don't use all the rules at once! It is completely overwhelming. Use a handful of rules (like the THS and the most basic Tax calculations, etc) and add more rules every few rounds.
Test Subject
#1072 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 9:44 PM
Thank you Yvi-sama and LauriMizutani for responding, those answers are really helpful, do either of you have any recommendations on which rules specifically that i should start out with? I know Yvi-sama mentioned tax calculations, and THS which i dont know what that is, but is there anything else you can think of that can help?
Thank you so much
Lawless
Lab Assistant
#1073 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 6:39 AM
Thank you Yvi-sama and LauriMizutani for responding, those answers are really helpful, do either of you have any recommendations on which rules specifically that i should start out with? I know Yvi-sama mentioned tax calculations, and THS which i dont know what that is, but is there anything else you can think of that can help?
Thank you so much
Lawless

You're welcome. Let me ask which version are you playing? If you're not sure, check the file name. I tend to mix and match rules from version 2.0 and version 3.0.
However, to keep this simple for you, until I know which version you're playing, I'll answer questions according to 3.0.

THS is Total Health Score the rules on that start on page 26. There are lot of rules there, and I'd suggest sticking with The Health Meter table on p. 26, The Health State table on p. 27, Physical Abilities based on Health State table on pp. 29 and 30, and the Treatment Effects table on p. 32. I'd also use the rules on pp 26-
30. I wouldn't worry too much about court cases as they haven't really been fleshed out completely. For the doctors, don't worry too much about their qualifications. Just create a sim, and assign them as a doctor or healer, and decided how skilled they are. The table for payments are on p. 33. If you do Health Tours, the tables are on pages 33 & 34. If you want to make childbirth harder or more "realistic," check out pages 36-37.

Personally, I wouldn't try the disease section at first. You'll have enough to keep up with as it is.

I would use the serf indenture rules on pp. 14 and 15. That can be interesting, but not extremely complicated.

Personally, I ignore most of the tax rules. It's just more than I want to keep up with. I usually either do a flat tax on the family's cash, or a flat tax on the family's total worth. I also sometimes will have something set up where everyone has to pay ducal taxes in addition to the royal taxes. In that case, I usually make the ducal taxes 5% less than the royal taxes. And of course dukes only have to pay royal taxes, and royals don't owe taxes.

I like the education rules, but those can be complicated. Look them over and see what you think. If you want to hold off on those for a bit, I'd keep your serf children at home (if you have a mod that allows it -- if not let the kids go to public school, but keep your teens home), let your freeman and peasant children go to public school, let your bourgeoisie go to either public or private school, and gentry and above go to private school and only they can go to university.

If you do use a simplified education, I wouldn't worry too much about education scores for jobs. Either don't worry about it, or work out something that makes sense to you.

If you want knights and clergy, then I'd use those rules, but if you'd rather wait on that, it's cool.

Weddings, use the rules you're comfortable with.

The Moral and Ethical rules are fun, but it can be complicated, to start I would just assign each sim a moral and ethical alignment, and then play them according to that, unless you want to keep up with all the royal and clerical points. When you're ready to add those points, you can easily add royal points first, and then clerical points.

But there is one rule I highly suggest to you. HAVE FUN! If you like one rule, use it. If you can't stand another rule, leave it out. Don't let a rule rob you of your fun.

Lauri
Test Subject
#1074 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauriMizutani
You're welcome. Let me ask which version are you playing? If you're not sure, check the file name. I tend to mix and match rules from version 2.0 and version 3.0.
However, to keep this simple for you, until I know which version you're playing, I'll answer questions according to 3.0.

THS is Total Health Score the rules on that start on page 26. There are lot of rules there, and I'd suggest sticking with The Health Meter table on p. 26, The Health State table on p. 27, Physical Abilities based on Health State table on pp. 29 and 30, and the Treatment Effects table on p. 32. I'd also use the rules on pp 26-
30. I wouldn't worry too much about court cases as they haven't really been fleshed out completely. For the doctors, don't worry too much about their qualifications. Just create a sim, and assign them as a doctor or healer, and decided how skilled they are. The table for payments are on p. 33. If you do Health Tours, the tables are on pages 33 & 34. If you want to make childbirth harder or more "realistic," check out pages 36-37.

Personally, I wouldn't try the disease section at first. You'll have enough to keep up with as it is.

I would use the serf indenture rules on pp. 14 and 15. That can be interesting, but not extremely complicated.

Personally, I ignore most of the tax rules. It's just more than I want to keep up with. I usually either do a flat tax on the family's cash, or a flat tax on the family's total worth. I also sometimes will have something set up where everyone has to pay ducal taxes in addition to the royal taxes. In that case, I usually make the ducal taxes 5% less than the royal taxes. And of course dukes only have to pay royal taxes, and royals don't owe taxes.

I like the education rules, but those can be complicated. Look them over and see what you think. If you want to hold off on those for a bit, I'd keep your serf children at home (if you have a mod that allows it -- if not let the kids go to public school, but keep your teens home), let your freeman and peasant children go to public school, let your bourgeoisie go to either public or private school, and gentry and above go to private school and only they can go to university.

If you do use a simplified education, I wouldn't worry too much about education scores for jobs. Either don't worry about it, or work out something that makes sense to you.

If you want knights and clergy, then I'd use those rules, but if you'd rather wait on that, it's cool.

Weddings, use the rules you're comfortable with.

The Moral and Ethical rules are fun, but it can be complicated, to start I would just assign each sim a moral and ethical alignment, and then play them according to that, unless you want to keep up with all the royal and clerical points. When you're ready to add those points, you can easily add royal points first, and then clerical points.

But there is one rule I highly suggest to you. HAVE FUN! If you like one rule, use it. If you can't stand another rule, leave it out. Don't let a rule rob you of your fun.

Lauri

I currently have 2.0 downloaded, because I couldn't find the 3.0 download in the main post, only teasers which I'm not sure which one is the most complete and out of testing stage. Thank you for all the suggestions, once I have finished installing all the cc I have downloaded, I'll take a look at those sections. Do you happen to know any other mods other then ACR which you might recommend for making playing in this style a bit easier?
Lawless
Lab Assistant
#1075 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:36 PM
I currently have 2.0 downloaded, because I couldn't find the 3.0 download in the main post, only teasers which I'm not sure which one is the most complete and out of testing stage. Thank you for all the suggestions, once I have finished installing all the cc I have downloaded, I'll take a look at those sections. Do you happen to know any other mods other then ACR which you might recommend for making playing in this style a bit easier?
Lawless

Teaser 2.5 is the most recent, and it has pretty much everything that the other teasers do. It's not complete, but it is complete enough to play. It's the first teaser listed in the first post. (It's the second link, but it's clearly labeled Teaser 2.5.)

Inteenimator if you want to go that route (pregnant teenagers), Christianluv Wallet Controller (or another similar hack that makes it easy to transfer money from one house to another,) Simlogical School Hacks, Sim Blender, are ones that I use. The creator also suggests No 20k handout, Simlogical Prison Hacks, Inge's Teleporter, MATY's Nursing Babies Hack, Merola's Mind Control Mirror, Piou Piou's More Realistic Sickness (MATY), and Visitor Controller. Also if you want some insanity, or the chance of it, look into the Triplets and Quads hack, and the larger households hack.

Also if you'd rather stick with 2.0, I'll be happy to help you with that one too. I have both versions on my computer, and as I said, I usually Frankenstein them when I play.
Page 43 of 44