Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 8:02 AM
Default Disable Expansion Pack Features with a Tuning Mod Without Uninstalling
Hello!

The reason that I want to disable the Expansion Packs features is that I want my town to be living, like having babies and stuff.
Because, when things are added to the game, like pets, they tend to NOT having babies on their own in my game.
It´s has been so all the time in the 6 years i have been playing The Sims 3.
I have been made a little test to see if Story Progression would work if I just install Base Game without downloading patches.
And to my surprise, Nancy Landgraab did get pregnant and have a baby!
Here comes my reflection: how/where can I find the XML or ITUN file in S3PE for disabling things like:
Wild Animals like racoons, deers and wildhorses(and even the homeless cats and dogs).
Showtime Careers like Singers, Acrobats and Magicians NPC´s(It does not help to delete the venues in my town, the NPC´s will still spawn!).
Vampires and eventually Celebrities(But I can actually do that in the Demographics Settings in the game, so that´s not really a bother).
Paparazzi´s and Tourist´s(Tourist´s with Swedish names )(Even if I disable Celebrities the Paparazzi´s is still there!)
Oh! And I think I saw a NPC guy that works on hotels, even if I don´t have any hotels in the whole town!
And eventually Aliens and Unicorns.
Therefore, I want to Disable and Delete the most NPC´s to get a vibrant town.
I really want to tweak my town to my wishes to have neighbors to have babies!
I don´t want to download mods to the game, because, they take to much memory and the pop-up messages are really annoying!
I would be really appreciated if you can help me!
I also want to hear if someone have the same/similar problems.

Thanks in advanced!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 5:13 PM
Anyone?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 9:23 PM
I'm going to necro-post instead of posting an entire new thread for this. I have the same issue and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of Magicians/Acrobats/Singers in my town.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 11:31 PM
Have you tried nraas register/master controller? I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what they can do with regards to this, but register controls role and service sims (not sure if showtime career sims fall into either of those). With master controller you can manually set careers of sims, so if sims are in those professions, you can put them in another career.