Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 1:48 PM
Default Adding Custom Paintings to Easels?
I wanted to know if it's possible to not REPLACE, but ADD new custom paintings to the easel/Artist skill in the game? There are a few images I have that I'd love to let my sims paint, but I don't know what the steps required would be.

Help, please, before I break my game?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:28 AM
I have read an article about this on MTS. Search this. Trust me
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:59 AM
Granthes had a utility that would do this... created a package mod using images from your hard drive... but some patch or other broke it and he hasn't been able to get it working subsequently. So, if you turn up a solution, make sure to check the date
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:34 AM
Yes, it's possible, I've done it. I originally wrote a tutorial for replacing the images, when someone asked about adding new ones instead of replacing them. With a few extra steps it is a little tedious if you're not familiar with S3PE and working with images, otherwise, it just takes a little time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:05 AM
Okay, I love you all SO much right now, cuz I was dying to know if this was possible, and YAY! Good news awaited me; Thanks, everybody! ^_^

Okay, now Werismyki you are my new BFF--your tutorial is very easy for me to understand (thank god).

As for ADDING more paintings, I see that you said that we CAN add more paintings, at Level 10.
Is there a limit to how many more we can add? You added a 4th, but can we go beyond that?

I'd prefer not to replace any of the EA art; I'd rather just add extras (like 10 or so more for my Evil sims, as one of my sims is supposed to be a Master painter, but he's evil and I want him to paint sinister images accordingly, meh heh heh). Exactly how did you go about adding that extra painting, please?
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:19 AM
As long as you make new entries in the XML, it's fine. Like my Recipe mod. I don't think there's a limit.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 3:14 PM
Quote:
As long as you make new entries in the XML, it's fine. Like my Recipe mod. I don't think there's a limit.

And you can add painting by trait too. I tried it with "Flirty". It works.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:19 AM