Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
#26 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 2:27 PM
Apparently EA's lines about needing online because the server was helping run the game is a lie (to the surprise of... no-one). The game has now been successfully modded to run offline with no differences in gameplay. Wonder how long it'll be until that modder gets locked out of their Origin account... :P

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:40 PM
I imagine CIA-like trucks rushing through the streets, ignoring stop lights and almost running over civilians, to get to the house of the one that created the mod. Knock on their door, it opens, and they say one thing:

You've doomed us....and we don't happen to like that.

and then they bag them up ninja style and carry them off to their secret dungeon.

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 5:27 PM
I read about the mod that removes the online requirement. I would have thought that regional play would not work.

--Ocram

Always do your best.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 5:41 PM
Another 'genius' idea from EA... When are they going to learn that their sims-users in any form need a bit of freedom? As for myself I don't always have a reliable internet connection, and a game like this would have been a waste of money. Not that I was planning to buy it, but still...
Alchemist
#30 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Not that I was planning to buy it, but still...

I wasn't planning to buy it either, but my 11 y/o is bugging the crap out of me about getting it
Instructor
#31 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AzemOcram
I read about the mod that removes the online requirement. I would have thought that regional play would not work.

--Ocram

You'd think so but it looks like without the server connection it just simulates the other cities on your system. Yet another shot in the "We NEED online to work" story.

Now if we can get it to save without connecting to the servers it'll actually be SP offline.

Oh, and if you read that article on Eurogamer it also talks about hwo they could edit outside the area asigned too. Bigger maps apprently exist, and can be saved, it's just locked out. Probably in an attempt to force inter-dependance and push the multi-player.
Instructor
#32 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 12:59 AM
If TS4 requires a internet connection, their going to lose a valuable customer.
I'm sure that if they drop the whole "a internet connection is required to play Sims City" thing, they'd have much more customers.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 1:28 AM
They are boing this too get more gamers who into MMO types into there series, also many of there newer games have this in poorly, COD for xbox one. They have made this apparent in other game series not just related, in games like mass effect that could work but the sims, I think that they will kill the series for anyone who is passionate about the series and is a hard-core sim fan, that is me being blunt. If I see this in sims 4 when I get then I am going to leave that game alone and go back to 2 and 3, they do not need them.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Alchemist
#34 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 5:56 PM
Looks like they finally got around to allowing offline play

Quote:
"In Update 10, you can still play solo in Regions on your own, or in Multiplayer with people from around the world. What’s new is the Single Player Mode, which allows you to play the game Offline by yourself. And because your saved games in this mode are stored locally, you can save and load to your heart’s content."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/si...h/1100-6417100/
Instructor
#35 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Looks like they finally got around to allowing offline play

I was going to post this info as a separate thread, So thanks for posting it here, No need to clutter up the forum with to many threads.
But as usual I will add update 10 to my Update thread.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Instructor
#36 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 1:01 AM Last edited by LillianAllen : 19th Jan 2014 at 1:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I guess like me you won't be buying TS4 then.

The Sims 4 doesn't require internet connection.

I found this awesome fact sheet here.
Sims 4 news here.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Instructor
#37 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 5:48 PM Last edited by SimJymm : 18th Mar 2014 at 6:59 PM.
SOOO Update 10 is now a thing and with it brings Off Line Play. I posted the update info on my other thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...289#post4350289

but here's a good spot to toss ideas and comments around.

added a link to a offline play "how to" the basics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKdcq-pzRBg

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 9:44 PM
Thanks to Update 10, an internet connection is only needed to download patches and play multiplayer. You still need Origin, it is just that you can now use it in offline mode.

--Ocram

Always do your best.

Page 2 of 2