Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:47 PM
I have no idea if Fraps would work in full screen or not, I play strictly in windowed mode. Makes it easy to go back and forth between things. But since getting the no pause red line mod and realizing cameraman mode is a godsend i'm using it for all my pictures, so much better than the in-game camera

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I did use Gadwin with fullscreen, but had some strange problems with ingame pictures coming out black in fullscreen mode. It's a long while ago now, so the problem is probably fixed, but I got used to playing windowed, so I kinda stuck with it.

Nah, the black screen happens with DX. To put it as simple as I can, DirectX talks directly to the video card, so the screenshot tools can't see anything (in fullscreen, at least; taking screenshots in windowed mode is usually possible). FRAPS and Dxtory can 'hook' themselves into DirectX itself to access that. Least this is how I understand the whole thing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#53 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 7:06 PM
I'm not sure what I did differently this time...but it finally went into windowed mode AND took photos of my game instead of the desktop! I'm not loving how it looks but at least Gadwin works now!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#54 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I have no idea if Fraps would work in full screen or not, I play strictly in windowed mode. Makes it easy to go back and forth between things. But since getting the no pause red line mod and realizing cameraman mode is a godsend i'm using it for all my pictures, so much better than the in-game camera

Fraps works fine in full screen.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#55 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:15 AM
I run in windowed mode and use the "print screen" key on my keyboard. This copies the image to memory and all I have to do is paste to my graphics program. I use IrfanView, but I think most graphics/paint/photo editing software should work with this method.
Scholar
#56 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:20 AM
Dropbox can also save screenshots straght to a folder in Dropbox if you hit Printscreen, meaning you can take more screenshots. Idk if you can configure things to do that, but it's what I use.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:30 AM
I only play full screen and Fraps works fine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#58 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 4:03 PM
there is a way in fraps to not get the icons from the game.. the red line hack is good.. but would be nice to get ready of the icons that show what the sims are doing at that moment!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Link Ninja
#59 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amora_selvagen
there is a way in fraps to not get the icons from the game.. the red line hack is good.. but would be nice to get ready of the icons that show what the sims are doing at that moment!

If I have icons I just make sure to take my pic big enough so I can crop them out in paint and save over the file. Though, agreed, it would be nice to put in a cheat to hide icons.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#60 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:05 PM
I'm sure someone has already said it, I have my game in windowed mode, I take my in game pictures in Tab mode, then i use the print screen button and open it in Microsoft paint and crop out the extra bits and voila.

My pictures come out large sized and I don't have to download any software.

I normally don't edit my images using filters and such, but if I do I use Picmonkey.com which is also free, easy and not full of spam as photobucket and saves the images to your Computer's desktop or whatever folder you choose.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#61 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:15 PM
The main reason I use a printscreen program is that I use Photoshop for editing, and I do not want to let it drain resources in the background, nor do I always feel like editing pictures one by one. It's tedious and annoying, particularly with my full game, which uses all available resources on my stationary. There, I prefer to take the pictures, close the game, and then edit. It's just so much easier with the automatic saving rather than having to save the pictures one by one, particularly when I tend to take anything from 5 to 500 pics in a go.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 8:00 PM
If you go into cameraman mode (press tab) or the options mode (the page where you can save, quit, etc) you don't see the queue icons. In cameraman mode you can let the game run too.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#63 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 9:04 PM
You see queue icons in tab mode if you're in live mode. I usually pick a sim that isn't doing anything, and then go into tab mode to make the icons go away. The queue icons also go away in build mode, but then you get grids (but if you press R before going to tab mode, the grid goes away).
Mad Poster
#64 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 9:13 PM
Also showheadline and plumbobtoggle. I don't remember the exact syntax (whether it's a boolprop or not) though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#65 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 9:40 PM
ShowHeadlines off IIRC

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 6:57 PM
The queue icons also go away in build mode, but then you get grids (but if you press R before going to tab mode, the grid goes away).

boolprop showFloorGrid true/false

I have these commands aliased in my userstartup.cheat file as "gridon" and "gridoff"
Mad Poster
#67 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 7:36 PM
"boolProp showHeadlines on/off"
"Plumbbobtoggle off/on"
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 8:44 PM
"boolProp showHeadlines on/off"

It's showHeadlines off (or on) in the readmes that come with the game. Works for me.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#69 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 9:17 PM
Hmm... perhaps the bolprop line snuck into my cheat file somehow. I use alias cheats on neary all the codes I use frequently, so I hardly ever bother with the long ones.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#70 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 10:10 PM
Hmm... perhaps the bolprop line snuck into my cheat file somehow. I use alias cheats on neary all the codes I use frequently, so I hardly ever bother with the long ones.

Yes, me too. I have pb for the plumbob one - much easier to remember - but show headlines I don't have (I suppose I could put it in). As a consequence, I trype it all the time.

Page 3 of 3