Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 6:13 AM
Default What mods can control time
I have trying to get Nrass Relativity Mod to work and no go, I know the latest is 1.67 and I have 1.67.02...something
What mods are out there that can slow sim time down for Sims 3?

Thanks
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 9:34 AM
@GuySims, I've moved your thread to WCIF.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GuySims
I have trying to get Nrass Relativity Mod to work and no go, I know the latest is 1.67 and I have 1.67.02...something
What mods are out there that can slow sim time down for Sims 3?

Thanks

The last patch is 1.67, Relativity will work fine with your game :D

I need a cigarette
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:41 AM
I have gone through EVERYTHING that was recommended on: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+Phase+Seven
and I cannot get Relativity to work. I know I can get mods to work on this game, I have others running. For the life of me I cannot get Relativity to work!
Anyone want to jump in walk me through this thing step-by-step. FYI: I play Sims 3 through Steam.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GuySims
I have gone through EVERYTHING that was recommended on: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+Phase+Seven
and I cannot get Relativity to work. I know I can get mods to work on this game, I have others running. For the life of me I cannot get Relativity to work!
Anyone want to jump in walk me through this thing step-by-step. FYI: I play Sims 3 through Steam.

Thanks!

First of course to invoke Relativity's menu from (1) any clocks, or (2) any computers, or (3) the city hall. Option (1) is useful if you're in a WA world; shift-click on Lot, buy a clock, and put it somewhere.

Next, find the option "Set Speed". Set it to something lower than 37 but larger than 0 to make the in-game clock ticks slower.

Done.

Alternatively, "Set Speed" to "0" and use the "Intervals" menu item to set the speed for some time brackets. E.g., if your sim always sleep before 3:00 am, and wakes up after 8:00 am, you might want to set the speed between "3" and "8" to 37, but set the speed between "8" and "3" to 10. Or, if your sim works in a rabbithole, you can speed up the time when your sim is working.

For example, your sim's working days are Mon-Tue + Thu-Fri (I'm making this up, of course), between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Set the time as follows:

Interval 1:
- Days: MT-TF
- Begin: 9
- End: 15 (<== 24-hour notation for 3:00pm)
- Speed: 37 (or higher)

Interval 2:
- Days: All
- Begin: 0
- End: 24
- Speed: 10

Relativity works by "first match" principle. Note how the intervals are sorted; relativity tests for interval 'match' from the 1st line, then it tests for a 'match' against the 2nd line, and so on.

Me, since my sim is "Self-Employed", I just use the 1st (simpler) method: Set Speed to 10 and forget about it

Edit: If you don't know what each options do but you tweak them anyway, there's a slight chance that you actually disabled Relativity. Select the "Reset Settings" menuitem, let the game play for about 10 in-game minutes, then go back and set the speed / intervals.