Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:41 PM
Default Recoloring untuckable top - how to view lower part of it in Body Shop?
I want to recolor HP's wonderful untuckable top, I would like to make a border on my recolors, but Body Shop always puts a waist-high bottom on the mannequin, so I don't see what I'm doing and how does the texture look on the lower part of shirt. If you've done some recolors of untuckable tops, how did you make Body Shop to show it whole?

Sorry if this was solved elsewhere, I tried searching both MTS and Google for solution, but I didn't find anything (I don't speak English very well, so I might have used wrong phrases for searching), so I'm asking here.
Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:08 AM
Can I see a picture? I'm trying to visualize this in my head and I'm having a hard time doing so
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:51 PM Last edited by Sigel : 10th Apr 2015 at 5:45 PM.
After many days fighting with Body Shop (it kept freezing right after I launched it every time) I managed to take pictures. When I'm choosing what to recolor, I can switch tops and bottoms, so I can see the whole top:

But once I click "export" and open the top as a project (I tried closing BS and opening it again several times), it is always shown with either these jeans or this miniskirt, never anything else, so I can't see the whole top:

I'd like to create some ornaments in the place where the violet tee can be seen, but with these bottoms, I can't see that part at all. So, is there a way how to make Body Shop show it untucked?

Edit: I just realised I used word "border" wrong in my first post, so that's why it wasn't probably very clear - sorry for that, English is a bit problematic for me, I just used the word as I would use it in my language and didn't really think of proper translation.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:58 PM
According to CatOfEvilGenius, there are two options for previewing: you can do it in MilkShape, or you can do it in Body Shop (but with the Build Sim option... so you basically have to import your altered top to view it). Here are her instructions:

How To Preview Untuckable Top Textures

Method #1: MilkShape

Load your untuckable top mesh into MilkShape.
Also load an untuckable bottom mesh into MilkShape.
Select the "top" and "bottom" mesh groups.
Apply the untuckable shirt texture (http://nene.modthesims2.com/wiki.ph...y_Shop_Textures) to both.
You can make a test texture that is both shirt and bottom.

Method #2: BodyShop

Instead of Create Parts (clothing), do Build Sims.
Clone an existing sim, select the elder age.
Choose the everyday clothing for your sim.
Press F6 to make your sim hold their arms straight out,
so you can see the sides of the waist.
Here's how that might look. (shirt by All About Style (http://www.all-about-style.com/))

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/..._bodyshopEF.jpg
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 12:14 AM
Thank you very very much!