Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 2:36 PM
Default vertex id / shoe movement
is there a way to make the sims shoes stay "hard" and not move and bend like a foot would?
Like it does here:

does it have anything to do with the vertex ID ? and is there a tutorial on adding vertex id anywhere?
thanks!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 5:48 PM
You'd have to assign the shoe to a single bone - presumably the main foot or ankle bone. The ankle part of the mesh would have to retain the normal bone assignments. You'd have to experiment with blending bone assignments at the top of the shoe to get the rigidity you want without the animations looking weird.

You can renumber vertex IDs either in Milkshape using Wes Howe's renumber tool or with Mesh Toolkit. If you're using TSRW it will renumber automatically. But the IDs have to do with the fat/fit/thin morphs, not with animation.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You'd have to assign the shoe to a single bone - presumably the main foot or ankle bone. The ankle part of the mesh would have to retain the normal bone assignments. You'd have to experiment with blending bone assignments at the top of the shoe to get the rigidity you want without the animations looking weird.

You can renumber vertex IDs either in Milkshape using Wes Howe's renumber tool or with Mesh Toolkit. If you're using TSRW it will renumber automatically. But the IDs have to do with the fat/fit/thin morphs, not with animation.

alright! I am using TSRW. So I dont have to put a vertex ID ?
(Sometimes I use a full body suit to make my shoes in two parts (not in this example) but will TSRW then use the vertex ID for a full body suit?)

For the bone assignment, I'm not sure I understand. I assigned r_calf and l_calf to these shoes and this happened because of this?:
What to you mean by the ankle part of the mesh having to retain the normal bone assignments ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:50 PM

I used the meshtoolkit to assign morphs