Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 12:51 AM
Default hereditary Life states
Are any life states hereditary?
I mean life states not skintone states so Alien doesn't count

Plantsim is kind of hereditary by sporebaby

Are any of the other states genetically passable?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:18 AM
Nope. In sims 2 alien is the only hereditary lifestate. Probably has to do with the fact that none except alien have a baby stage. I think TS3 is the only sims game so far where lifestates can be passed down (although I'm not sure about TS1).

As for plantsims, they sort of make clones of themselves with the spores. If they get pregnant the regular way they don't pass on the plantsim state, just the regular pre-plantsim genetics.

You can download custom skintones and sort of let them inherit -(works fine for storytelling), and there are custom potions you can use if you need to.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:39 AM
Okay, thanks
It was just a question I'd been thinking of for a while, didn't have time to test it.
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:39 AM
I recall new versions of various creature types in the downloads section of this site; for all ages.
without those, I take only humans and aliens could pass skin/eye/hair through pregnancy.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I recall new versions of various creature types in the downloads section of this site; for all ages.
without those, I take only humans and aliens could pass skin/eye/hair through pregnancy.

Actually Bigfoot passes eye color and skin color, but not fur. I had an alien (of 2 CAS alien parents) marry a Bigfoot and had twin daughters. One was all alien like her mom, the other looked like her Bigfoot father. :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Theorist
#6 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

Wow, if you could remember the titles of the mods, that would be awesome!

One thing that prevented me from playing supernatural creatures is the absence of some life stages (plantsims) and abnormal aging (vampires, zombies). It's not fun when some sims are out of sync with the rest of the hood.
Theorist
#7 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 4:00 PM
They're by Treeag, but they're not really supernatural states. They're just skin tones. So sims with the zombie skin tone are not really zombies: they don't lurch or moan or think about brains and they can have babies just fine. Same for the others: werewolf skins don't transform or howl, vampire skins don't turn into bats or go Bleh!, plantsim skins have the same meters as any other sim and can't spawn plant babies.

Unnatural life spans is part of how vampires and zombies have always worked. It can change how you think of and play your sims. I had a zero nice points zombie once who only cared about his husband, and after he watched his husband grow old and die, he gave up. It was not my usual play style at all, but it was absolutely consistent with his personality.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 4:40 PM
One of the few things I like better about The Sims 3 is that most (I think) lifestates are inheritable. Ghost babies, vampire babies, ghost vampire babies.

I just wish the supernaturals in TS2 had more ages. I want servo babies! Plant children! You could always use the skin and transform them when they're older, but that's not as fun.

Why did I put ~tildes~ in my name?
WHY?!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 5:12 PM
You know, you could always go with the puberty excuse: Sims will start to show their supernatural side once they hit teen. (Cause that's the youngest age you can create a supernatural out of. Exceptions are Aliens and Ghosts. Plantsims are another exception as well. Same thing for Bigfoot and Servos. Did I miss any exceptions? )

Of course, you could always go with the 50/50 chance on whether they do inherit the supernatural genes or not. :/

I think that's what I'm gonna do.
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Shasta~
One of the few things I like better about The Sims 3 is that most (I think) lifestates are inheritable. Ghost babies, vampire babies, ghost vampire babies.

Yeah, they are. Drawback is that (unmodded) it's an either-or thing. I love seeing all the toddler witches playing with their toys and accidentally making them disappear, werewolf toddlers practising howling and scratching, and vampire toddlers biting the necks of their teddy bears. Supernatural is by far my favourite TS3 EP for that factor along, though I do have to split my games into supernatural/nonsupernatural ones.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 8:43 PM
Aww, I haven't seen that in TS3, that sounds adorable! I always regretted that they never added the fire breathing toddlers to TS2.

In TS2 I do the "heritable at teen" thing, for vampires, werewolves and witches, since those are all passable by social interaction. Parents have a 50% chance of passing on a supernatural trait and grandparents have a 25% chance. The more supernatural parents and/or grandparents a sim has, the higher their chances of inheriting such a thing. With one grandparent, it's 25%, with two parents and no grandparents, 75%, one parent and one grandparent is 63%, both parents and all four grandparents is 93%.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 3:17 AM
This is very late, but in the offchance you still want it, HERE is a version made by midgethetree.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
This is very late, but in the offchance you still want it, HERE is a version made by midgethetree.

WELL guess it wasn't that late!! That's just what I needed!!!! Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Are any life states hereditary?
I mean life states not skintone states so Alien doesn't count
Plantsim is kind of hereditary by sporebaby
Are any of the other states genetically passable?

I got the Hereditary mod by Midgethetree, Still haven't tested it thoroughly yet but It'll be want you want.
Thanks @Boosterbear for the download link.

I hope that Sims2Christain was able to find the mod and that it works for them if they're still around.