Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 12:53 AM
No, you can't add or take away. Rule 6 details what you can do to the foundation.

Or do you mean separate? I was just asked about a gazebo. After a bit of thought I will allow a piece of separate foundation for a gazebo or a planter box. It has to be clearly separate from the house though, not attached.

Adding this to the rules.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Space Pony
#77 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM
Oh yes, I need to learn to read It was there right under my nose but still I did not see :D

Ty <3

Edit: no, I did not meant separated I meant to add some tiles to foundation you provided

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#78 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 12th Apr 2017 at 1:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
...as each round is announced you get to see the foundation for that round then you pick your family. So its a judgmental call as to what foundation suits what family. However I have not made this too hard, most of the families will do fine on any foundation.

Oh!..I understood wrongly then.
Since it starts with the Walter + one sims2pack to download, I took for granted that each of the other families listed, would also have their own foundation.
The next one would be the Elliot's..and once ready, their foundation would be revealed and downloadable.
Obviously, I got it all wrong. Now when I read that they are the only pre-set family, it makes more sense. Was not obvious for me at first though.
I hope you do not mind Gummi, I replaced your name with 3 dots.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#79 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:22 AM
Does each family have their own budget, or does the budget come with the foundation, or is it always $25k?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:29 AM
Rosebine you get to pick and choose which families you want to build for, so there are 3 more houses and 6 families. So you may certainly choice the Elliot's if you want, but you can pick anyone of them.

Phae each foundation comes with a budget.

Last round, community lot will have slightly different rules to the house rounds.

You can do it Lunie! Just shut your eyes and think of pavlova. Or the dessert of your choosing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#82 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 1:47 AM
If you want another judge I wouldn't mind judging instead of participating, though no idea if you think the few lots I've uploaded are enough to qualify :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:04 AM
Emperor Crat said they would like to on the sims 2 board thread, but I will keep you in mind Gummi. Thanks.

Any lot that could be uploaded here is good enough and you have 8.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:32 AM
I don't know RSL, what is that?

Also, why is everybody showing lot price from the hood view? You guys realize that is under Base Game notes, right? None of you doing that have base game, you can take a screeny of lot price on the lot. I wouldn't have to squint either. I will include that under the spoiler so not to confuse.

No moving the foundation HL, has to stay exactly where it is. Sorry. But hey, I'd love to have you along for the ride.

How do you show the lot price from lot view rather than neighbourhood view? I just tried to see how to do it and couldn't figure it out.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:41 AM
There is a little icon, top left..click on it. In build/buy mode.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:44 AM
Gummi's is a good example http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
A hood one is okay if you would rather do a hood one, so long as it's large enough. I didn't want people to think they had to do a hood one. In the base game the hood view is the only way to show price.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
There is a little icon, top left..click on it. In build/buy mode.

Ah, the little i for information! I never noticed it before. You learn something new every day.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Ah, the little i for information! I never noticed it before. You learn something new every day.

Oh I am worst than that. I saw it long ago, but was scared to click on it. I won't be offended if you laugh.

Space Pony
#89 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 13th Apr 2017 at 1:15 AM.
Default Entry- Application round
Meet Bri and Jason Walter, they met eachother at campus, both were from countryside, nearest neighbor was miles away, so after c ollege, they decided to move to the city. They only had money enought to buy a small townhouse, and a car for Jason, who still have to travel to their homevillage often because of his work.

Bri is looking for a job, but has not feeling well lately.. she suddendly feels very ill every morning

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:19 AM
Welcome to the contest Kukamuukaanmuka. :D

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:36 AM Last edited by ChisanaAoi : 13th Apr 2017 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
I'm terrible at screenshots that look pretty but here is my attempt (I didn't realize until now how many Maxis objects I've never even looked at)

(Now that I finished my build I can look at everyone else's entries I didn't want to accidentally copy anything so I was trying to avoid looking but they're all so nice :lovestruc )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:57 AM
Welcome to the contest ChisanaAoi

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#93 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 19th Apr 2017 at 5:42 AM.
Ok, I'm super nervous, but here I go! It was so hard to stay on budget. Also, I was surprised to learn that a few things I was positive were Maxis content were actually completer cc from sims2code or something--not to mention I almost forgot to pull out my life stories content--but I'm finally done dithering over whether this house needs a chess table or a swing set! Now let's see if I can post this right...

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#94 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:41 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 12th Apr 2017 at 8:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@Phantomknight check your links, they all look like broken image icons as of 1:29 am Central US standard time. (Why am I up so late?)

Thanks Charmful, not really sure what's causing it as my desktop and tablet show ok. Back to the drawing board then! (I am so falling asleep at work tomorrow.)

ETA: @Charmful how about now?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:35 AM
Looks good and welcome to the contest Phantomknight!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#96 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:00 AM
@SneakyWingPhoenix

I need you to read over the the rules.

The application round is a starter house with a total budget of $25,000.

Once you have that house done and pictures that measure no smaller than 800 by 600 then post your entry. You need to use a screenshot program like Fraps or the Print Screen button. Your pictures are at 1,255.13 KB, 800KB is the limit per picture. Once you have your screenshots you need to change them to jpg or png. FastStone photo resizer is the easiest since you can do all of them in one go. Also if you can remove the interface covering the actual house. Simply click on TAB to remove the interface and in there you can move around with your key pad. To get out of camera mode just hit TAB again.

Sorry...

So those pictures are in the wrong size?
Field Researcher
#97 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:07 AM Last edited by Aysarth : 14th Apr 2017 at 11:10 AM.
Default Entry for Application Round
First time contestant here. I thought I had to try this, beginner level is about right for me. I have all EPs/SPs.

Hooray I am in! Edited to add more pictures.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:08 AM
1. The budget for this round is $25 thousand, its a small starter house. Your house was $166 thousand. That's why I am saying read over the rules, everything you need to know is covered. Take a look at the other entries to get an idea of what you are building. Read over the application, you are building a house for a newlywed couple who want a nursery.

2. It's how many KB they are taking up. The site limit is 800kb and yours are 1,255kb. Are you resizing in Gimp? Gimp has a window for decreasing the KB's.

If you are unsure about what you should be doing ask first and myself or another moderator will try and help.

~Call me Jo~
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#99 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:20 AM
Oh! one lil' hack that I found out about when you don't want to resize you images, you first want to open the image file in paint and in paint just save it. You don't have to resize it or anything, just save it
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 12:30 PM
Update: AndrewGloria has provided a shrunk 2 by 2 base game lot which anybody can use. Thank you Andrew.

~Call me Jo~

Page 4 of 106