Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
OMG shadowfan360 they are hideous!
I found it weird because pregnant sims don't go to work and she was in her third trimester.

Yup, I had that too, plus I hadn't actually put the Ottomas into a lot from the sim bin so wondered what Samantha was doing coming home from work with my sim anyway, especially as she was just about to give birth.

That put me off the family from the word go before I finally killed them off.

I wanna see more scary pics of those Children of the Damned! lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo

You see DD, it's not just me!
Going to go fix the little devils' paternity in ALL hoods still in my game, then I might get pics of them once they hit toddlerhood...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Banned
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:23 PM
Strangetown crash. </3 Stupid over-population is what did it. D: I'll snap some pics as soon as possible, though!
Mad Poster
#54 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:55 PM
Yup, I had that too, plus I hadn't actually put the Ottomas into a lot from the sim bin so wondered what Samantha was doing coming home from work with my sim anyway, especially as she was just about to give birth.
Same!! Stupid family lol
Forum Resident
#55 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
You don't want to see children Armand DeBateau has with Jessica. They always wind up worse than the Ottomas twins. Seriously.

I do! Please, show us pics so we can learn from other's mistakes

Oh dear, I was so shocked by those toddler-pics that I nearly lost my migraine! I think those guys at Eaxis must have been really, really bored to mess around with Ottomas...

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Banned
Original Poster
#56 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:07 PM
I told my mum about the Ottomas family and she didn't believe me. xD I showed her and after a few minutes of silence she said 'Not everyone can be as beautiful as Don Lothario.' and walked out. I was in total shock. I'd no idea she knew any of their names. Except for the Goths & other returning families, because she played Sims 1. But it was kinda creepy. Hardy har har. >:C

I thought I took pictures of them, but I didn't.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
I do! Please, show us pics so we can learn from other's mistakes

Oh dear, I was so shocked by those toddler-pics that I nearly lost my migraine! I think those guys at Eaxis must have been really, really bored to mess around with Ottomas...

Sorry, I've since restarted Belladonna Cove over a few times since then...and each time I had Armand marry someone a lot more attractive.

(Jessica has that horse face, and even with a makeover she's not much better looking than, say, Sarah Jessica Parker.)
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:19 AM
Starved Peter, the girl and granny drowned, teen went to college, used SimBlender to put Tommy up for adoption, twins got taken by the Social Worker, and Samantha froze.

No signature
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:21 AM
My Ottomas experience was both gruesome and funny. I aged all the kids to teens (holy cow they were the fugliest group, I named the twins Bubba and Leroy - the only time I have used the mullet hairstyle...they were all deformed and bizarre looking anyway, so why not?). And I started by leaving them to their own incompetency.
When they were all nice and tired I made them all go outside and watch clouds. And the dad got hit by a satellite! It was kind of great. Grandma had already kicked it...I think just old age? I didn't really even notice, sad to say.
I got everyone to leave out TONS of food - hoping for the Flies. But nothing was working. So I got out the sick maker, and gave everyone diseases. And that wasn't really working. I tried to set the house on fire, no luck there. It got a little creepy when they were just sort of starving to death.
So I got the death maker and just watched a few of them go. Tommy drowned on the second floor of the house - I was not expecting that. I thought he might go fall in the pond, but he just drowned in the bedroom.
One of the twins was struck by lightning - inside the house.
The Flies death was weird, because Bubba got eaten...but he didn't die right away. He recovered and was able to interact with the remaining family members, even though his icon on the left of the screen was gone. Scared me, I thought he might be bugged immortal. But he got sucked up when the next family member went down. Mom - by hail. She came back as a ghost right away and scared the last two kids to death.
They proved to be a tenacious bunch, and did not go easily.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 1:46 PM
Awww...this is starting to make me feel bad for them! I may just have to move them out of the bin. Want to see those babies.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M3g7e
Didn't I read somewhere that the FT (or was it BV?) patch fixed the Ottomas family so that the pregnancy wasn't borked?

Can anyone confirm this? I also thought that the pregnancy had been fixed by a patch, so Samantha Ottomas doesn't spawn a litter of half-breed devil dogs (not that human parentage makes them any prettier).
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:53 PM
Well, I think Sharla and Samantha both unfortunately perished thanks to experiments with Boolprop (I didn't target them specifically, but my computer must have thought of dog- babies and such and shuddered) but the rest of 'em came out unscathed, so I built them a bigg-ish, ugly house and moved a pretty woman in who acts as a nanny. I don't think I'll play them again though- most of them are quite bland, apart from the grandma, who amuses me greatly with her farting and random aggression . I think it's a bit unfair, just because they're ugly and buggy, to target them as subjects for torture, though; in my game, pretty doesn't save you!!!
Scholar
#63 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:58 PM
Maybe you can check the EA website descriptions of those patches? No idea. I know the BV patch fixes a lot of things, but not sure.

In my wizard neighborhood I changed all their names. They are now the Teimer family. They are mostly neutral witches/wizards except for Ian (the teen, I don't remember if that's his real name or not.) who is an evil wizard. And I don't plan on having the parents have any more kids. They're in a Diagon Alley apartment, I believe, so they don't have that much room.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:12 PM
I've played them twice. The first time in Veronaville there was nothing really wrong with the twins, one of them was quite cute and the other homely, but the second time in Strangetown they had clear deformation on the face and looked very much like the grandmother otherwise. First time they were also blond and second time they had brown hair...Coincidence?

I must say I am not very fond of the father of the family, I feel sorry for the mother who was pregnant for about 20 years on the first time and I seriously hate the name they gave the girlchild in the Finnish version. I kind of like the three oldest kids, eveb though the girl needs plastic surgery.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:53 PM

That put me off the family from the word go before I finally killed them off.

You know what, I've had a playable Sim on maternity leave. I've had another playable try to call her during her normal work hours, only to have that Sim be told that she's at work.

Same with snow days (another fun part of Seasons). I'll have a Sim home from school because of a snow day, they'll try to call up one of their friends, only to be told they're in school.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:12 PM
I recently got Seasons and the patch - my Ottomas family had an uninteresting family tree (Peter was listed as the father of the twins).

And it's not JUST because they were ugly that I hated them. They were ridiculously uncooperative, really boring, did not seem capable of learning behavior...and mostly I don't want to start up a new neighborhood, so Riverblossoms is my "experiment" town, where I try all the things I'm too nervous to attempt in my active town.

And it made me crazy that they were such awful parents, and they just kept wanting to have more babies! Made me wish for a vasectomy hack.
Inventor
#67 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
You know what, I've had a playable Sim on maternity leave. I've had another playable try to call her during her normal work hours, only to have that Sim be told that she's at work.

Well I suppose pregnant sims don't have to take their vacation days, but the car pool won't arrive for them as usual so they'd have to walk to work. I've never let them go to work personally though - motives are too fragile during pregnancy as it is so the last thing I want is a hungry and exhausted sim collapsing by the mailbox.

I did have a full-term pregnant sim go jogging once though (she rolled the want to go jogging, so I thought "ok then, it's your funeral if you don't come back!"
Field Researcher
#68 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
Maybe you can check the EA website descriptions of those patches? No idea. I know the BV patch fixes a lot of things, but not sure.

No, sorry - me not being clear, there. What I meant to ask was whether the pregnancy had actually had been fixed by the patch. I do remember EA saying they had fixed it, but they've said a lot of things that I don't consider to be entirely true in the past...

Camping Stove's correct in-game birth suggests it has been fixed, which is good (not that I'm ever going to play the family, but it's still good to know).
Test Subject
#69 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:43 PM
I've only ever played this family once...I moved them into a house in Riverblossom, furnished it, and then went and ate lunch.
when I came back, the kids were taken by the social worker, Dad was at work with red motives, and samantha and the boy were slowly dying.
And Grandma was absolutely fine o.o
I left the house and never went back, although I'm seriously tempted to try them again...even if it's just to get some fugly baby pictures before I murder them all :D

'I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.' -Oscar Wilde
Please...call me Natalie
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
No, sorry - me not being clear, there. What I meant to ask was whether the pregnancy had actually had been fixed by the patch. I do remember EA saying they had fixed it, but they've said a lot of things that I don't consider to be entirely true in the past...

Camping Stove's correct in-game birth suggests it has been fixed, which is good (not that I'm ever going to play the family, but it's still good to know).

I have Apartment Life as my latest EP, and the twins aren't missing any body parts and Peter is the father on the family tree. So I think they did fix the pregnancy. To bad the kids get the ugliest genes possible though.
Banned
Original Poster
#71 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM
I tried downloading the patch, but I was confused and messed it up and so they didn't get fixed. Stupid little n00b I was. xD
Mad Poster
#72 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:36 AM
I actually played them for 2 weeks. The husband was the father of the twins, and I had no problems. I only really care for David (who is the best out of the bunch minus the dad), so I just killed 'em all off and sent him to Uni, muahaha.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#73 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:44 AM
Well I suppose pregnant sims don't have to take their vacation days, but the car pool won't arrive for them as usual so they'd have to walk to work. I've never let them go to work personally though - motives are too fragile during pregnancy as it is so the last thing I want is a hungry and exhausted sim collapsing by the mailbox.

I did have a full-term pregnant sim go jogging once though (she rolled the want to go jogging, so I thought "ok then, it's your funeral if you don't come back!"

Yep. I know what you mean.

If I know a Sim is pregnant (she goes to work until she starts showing) I make sure to take care of her Needs until she goes on leave.

I just had a Sim in the medical career track--first trimester pregnant, went right from second shift one night to first shift the next day due to a promotion, she turned out fine. She just had to go to the bathroom and get into bed when she got home. And by that evening she started to show. Plus if their Hunger is low enough upon going to work, they will eat at work. Which I had her do.

I have my pregnant Sims take a nap the minute she's tired enough to sleep, provided her Hunger is in the green. I can even keep Social and Fun at decent levels...they never see the Social Bunny.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:09 PM
I kill all the Maxis families right after making a new 'hood, so I do with the Ottomans. I sent all of them to swim in the pool with no ladder, so they drawned, and as for Samantha, I enclosed her in a tiny room ans she starved. Then I moved the graves to a cemetary (I have a church with an attached semetary as a comuunity lot)
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:55 AM
I've only ever played them once. And never, again.
However they just pottered around my neighbourhood afterwards, the Grandmother (I forget her name) formed an unhealthy obsession with Mortimer Goth and I think she canoodled with Don Lothario (What?! He wanted to WooHoo with 20 sims, He needed them numbers people!). After that I had to reinstall my game.

In all honesty, they creeped me out. :S
Page 3 of 15